You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

This is graphic, and I mean graphic, but it backs up what you say there.

Don't forget, it's graphic.

That’s up there with the worst thing I’ve ever seen. That police officer deserves the death penalty. I don’t condone or support the death penalty but he deserves it. That’s horrific. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

This new case in Atlanta, police are really not helping themselves. They did nothing wrong up until the moment they use deadly force. Why are they obviously trained to kill when they shoot a weapon? Or more to the point, how your first thought is not "do I use deadly force in the middle of all this, is it absolutely necessary"?  

They are trained to shoot to stop the target.  Shooting someone in the leg is a load of old bollocks.  

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Shooting him in the leg could have caused him to doe too. Once a bullet hits a bone, it can cause untold other damage. Given the current climate, a bit of common sense should have been applied. Let him go and pick him up another time. 

Are you serious?  How do you think it would impact policing if every criminal knew that if they fought long and hard enough that they’d be let go? And what would the public think?  And the police. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you serious?  How do you think it would impact policing if every criminal knew that if they fought long and hard enough that they’d be let go? And what would the public think?  And the police. 

What do you think the American public think of that mans death? , as you seem concerned about public opinion.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You are writing as if this was happening in a vacuum and not in the middle of a huge national crisis with police actions at the very core of it.

Unless they discovered he was wanted for something else when they checked him, he was being done for drink driving. As if the police never let anyone go rather than killing them. They could have continued the pursuit, called for back up or continue search in the morning, they had his details, his car.

He would have got jail time for assaulting police officers and the rest and they wouldn't have killed a man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

That’s up there with the worst thing I’ve ever seen. That police officer deserves the death penalty. I don’t condone or support the death penalty but he deserves it. That’s horrific. 

To me it looks like he’s decided from the off he’s going to kill him he’s just waiting for an excuse, an excuse that never comes. Has to be murder that 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

You are writing as if this was happening in a vacuum and not in the middle of a huge national crisis with police actions at the very core of it.

Unless they discovered he was wanted for something else when they checked him, he was being done for drink driving. As if the police never let anyone go rather than killing them. They could have continued the pursuit, called for back up or continue search in the morning, they had his details, his car.

He would have got jail time for assaulting police officers and the rest and they wouldn't have killed a man.

That’s just complete nonsense. They should have let a man escape with a taser after he’d assaulted two police and resisted arrest?  Not for me.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s just complete nonsense. They should have let a man escape with a taser after he’d assaulted two police and resisted arrest?  Not for me.  

You think all other options except killing him were exhausted?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You think all other options except killing him were exhausted?

I think if you attack two officers, steal their weapon, fire that weapon at them then you are fulfilling the criteria that allows them to shoot you.  It’s not a film.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think the problem comes with the fact that he’s running away, the use of deadly force evaporates, up to that point they could possibly justify it but once he’s on his toes no.

No it doesn’t.  Unless he’s on tracks and unable to turn round. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

To me it looks like he’s decided from the off he’s going to kill him he’s just waiting for an excuse, an excuse that never comes. Has to be murder that 

That’s been on my mind all afternoon. I genuinely thought he was just being a prick and treating him like shit. I was so shocked when they actually shot him. It turned from a horrible abuse of power into a murder where the police had frightened the guy so much and then executed him on the ground for nothing. 

Anybody know how that case turned out? It was harrowing. 

And before you start I’m absolutely against the arming of the police over here, I think it’s a fucking terrible idea and have said that for years. 

I also know how hard it is to shoot accurately, that shooting at legs is virtually impossible and has some quite bad consequences like hitting everyone else when you miss their legs and reducing the police force by about 90% as they’ll never be able to achieve the standard required. Saying that gun training for police is woefully inadequate and they should all be better trained. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

That’s been on my mind all afternoon. I genuinely thought he was just being a prick and treating him like shit. I was so shocked when they actually shot him. It turned from a horrible abuse of power into a murder where the police had frightened the guy so much and then executed him on the ground for nothing. 

Anybody know how that case turned out? It was harrowing. 

He was tried for the second degree murder (same as the Minneapolis guy will be) and acquitted by the jury of his peers. The same PD rehired him in 2018.

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And before you start I’m absolutely against the arming of the police over here, I think it’s a fucking terrible idea and have said that for years. 

I also know how hard it is to shoot accurately, that shooting at legs is virtually impossible and has some quite bad consequences like hitting everyone else when you miss their legs and reducing the police force by about 90% as they’ll never be able to achieve the standard required. Saying that gun training for police is woefully inadequate and they should all be better trained. 

As am I, I’m actually pro police, in this country anyway I know little of other countries, I think they have an incredibly difficult job and get little or no support but you can’t be shooting and killing people who are running away mate, had he decided to turn heel and come back at them with a weapon then yeah, but not running away.

• Upvote 1