You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

12 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm not saying they dont exist, but what are they?

BAME children not being given the same time, encouragement, support in class, all the way to being just flat out bullied and picked on by clearly racist teachers.

There were studies shown that all other things being equal, teachers actively predicted lower grades for BAME students too.

Just now, Aw Geez said:

BAME children not being given the same time, encouragement, support in class, all the way to being just flat out bullied and picked on by clearly racist teachers.

There were studies shown that all other things being equal, teachers actively predicted lower grades for BAME students too.

Can you actually prove this?

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

i didn't carry out the studies but I've read about them so I'm confident they exist and can be found. I've have a hoke about later.

Not a study, but summarises some of the concerns: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-schools-gcse-a-level-universities-predicted-grades-a9418471.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/04/black-students-teachers-implicit-racial-bias-preschool-study

23 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Fuck it, definitely going to do a wee test here.  Re-Applying for five jobs I've applied for lately, changing my name and skin colour.

Let's see how many interviews this privileged white male gets when he's no longer ever so privileged.  I'll go for another five that I shouldn't have a hope in hell of getting too.

15 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

v1.bTsxMTIwNzc5ODtqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7MTIxM

v1.bTsxMTE2ODk3NjtqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7ODAwO

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Indeed, I'll see what happens when queer Jamal with the same CV applies for five jobs I have and five jobs he shouldn't have a hope of.

It should be ten non-answers or automated emails.

Why bother? Just look at the statistics. It’s not ‘them’, it’s you mate.

BB9B1F1F-1E71-4634-8D7B-4D9D7DC6B36C.jpeg

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, A Red said:

A Red, it sounds like Aw Geez has read some of the same books as me recently. This is taken from the reference materials of Eddo-Lodge's book 'Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race' as the study she quotes:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/254395950_Test_Scores_Subjective_Assessment_and_Stereotyping_of_Ethnic_Minorities

Unfortunately I don't have full access to it but the summary is that at SATs, black students are marked down by their own teachers but this is remedied by external examiners.

23 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You'd find it interesting if carried out by a POC and he didn't get an interview, otherwise you'd ignore it clearly.

I'll see what happens.

What the fuck does lack of role models mean anyway.  It's just another excuse, another reason used to keep POC angry and oppressed.

You dope.  The actual colour of the applicant wouldn't matter, because for the test to be of any value you'd have to send identical application forms, one with a "black" name, one with a "white" name.

You're going to have to think this through before it's ready to be peer-reviewed for publication.

22 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Indeed, I'll see what happens when queer Jamal with the same CV applies for five jobs I have and five jobs he shouldn't have a hope of.

If you feel the need to state your sexuality on an application form, that might be why you're not getting the jobs.

Name...    Grinch (not gay!)

Address... 123 Fake Street. (Not some bummer's house)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

I hate piping up on here, I prefer reading the forum, but Christ alive Grinch you are racist as fuck. You've come out with some "Tommeh" level of despicable shit on this thread.

Black Lives Matter, cuntstick.

That post works even better because of the avatar.

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You dope.  The actual colour of the applicant wouldn't matter, because for the test to be of any value you'd have to send identical application forms, one with a "black" name, one with a "white" name.

You're going to have to think this through before it's ready to be peer-reviewed for publication.

i see a problem with this plan

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If you feel the need to state your sexuality on an application form, that might be why you're not getting the jobs.

Very good.

24 minutes ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

I hate piping up on here, I prefer reading the forum, but Christ alive Grinch you are racist as fuck. You've come out with some "Tommeh" level of despicable shit on this thread.

Black Lives Matter, cuntstick.

All lives matter

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Or you've actually filled out an application form in 2020 where they now ask your sexuality.  

9 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/254395950_Test_Scores_Subjective_Assessment_and_Stereotyping_of_Ethnic_Minorities

Unfortunately I don't have full access to it but the summary is that at SATs, black students are marked down by their own teachers but this is remedied by external examiners.

Surely to fuck there would be some sort of follow up to that as the way you describe it, it gives the impression it's systematic problem. 

How are these external examiners to know the the ethnicity of the students paper they're marking ?

I'm far from wearing rose tinted specs here but teaching isn't a profession I'd have associated with having a racist problem ?