You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think your numbers may be a little light (no pun intended).

Pretty sure there have been nearly 11,000 persons through both houses.

Here is another one for you - 36 women have been elected to the Senate - ever. 

The Senate is the most crooked institution there is in US politics. It was designed for un-equal representation, hence there are two Senators from the state (CA) which by itself has one of the largest GDP's in the world and there are two Senators from Kentucky.

The Senate is an upper house, not designed to be representative, but to be the part of checks and balances, giving the chance to political minority (party) to check the power of the majority. Senators weren't even directly elected before the 20th century. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

The Senate is an upper house, not designed to be representative, but to be the part of checks and balances, giving the chance to political minority (party) to check the power of the majority. Senators weren't even directly elected before the 20th century. 

This has never happened. We both know it is exactly the opposite.

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Your skin colour, sex, gender, mental illness has fuck all to do with the best candidate and shouldn't be taken into consideration ever.

They need to go to school, educate themselves and then they won't miss out on the job they want.  You keep telling them they can't though, that's working wonders for race relations.

Maybe read a few studies on how minorities often start off in school on equal footing or better in terms of intelligence tests, but due to racial prejudices within the system, and lack of role models and representation in most career pathways, the longer they stay in school the further they fall behind, generally. They are no more or less hard working, intelligent, driven. Just in the same system, their hopes are slowly eroded away as they are not being treated equally and see not light at the end of the tunnel.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They need to go to school, educate themselves and then they won't miss out on the job they want.  You keep telling them they can't though, that's working wonders for race relations.

It's like Tommy Two-Names and Nige Farridge had a baby - and abandoned it for being too obviously thick.

• Like 1

Fuck it, definitely going to do a wee test here.  Re-Applying for five jobs I've applied for lately, changing my name and skin colour.

Let's see how many interviews this privileged white male gets when he's no longer ever so privileged.  I'll go for another five that I shouldn't have a hope in hell of getting too.

1 minute ago, Aw Geez said:

Maybe read a few studies on how minorities often start off in school on equal footing or better in terms of intelligence tests, but due to racial prejudices within the system, and lack of role models and representation in most career pathways, the longer they stay in school the further they fall behind, generally. They are no more or hard working, intelligent, driven. Just in the same system, they hopes are slowly eroded away as they are not being treated equally.

Don't tell them that - you're just holding them back!

Just now, Grinch said:

Fuck it, definitely going to do a wee test here.  Re-Applying for five jobs I've applied for lately, changing my name and skin colour.

Let's see how many interviews this privileged white male gets when he's no longer ever so privileged.  I'll go for another five that I shouldn't have a hope in hell of getting too.

Wow. wow 

Just now, Aw Geez said:

Maybe read a few studies on how minorities often start off in school on equal footing or better in terms of intelligence tests, but due to racial prejudices within the system, and lack of role models and representation in most career pathways, the longer they stay in school the further they fall behind, generally. They are no more or hard working, intelligent, driven. Just in the same system, they hopes are slowly eroded away as they are not being treated equally.

I'm not saying they dont exist, but what are they?

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

I would think such an experiment interesting, if carried out by someone who had any interest in actual science.

Never mind double blind, you're just blind.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Your theory says that when you reapply with the name Malik or whatever you'll be showered with interviews.

Let's see...

Just now, Aw Geez said:

I would think such an experiment interesting, if carried out by someone who had any interest in actual science.

Never mind double blind, you're just blind.

You'd find it interesting if carried out by a POC and he didn't get an interview, otherwise you'd ignore it clearly.

I'll see what happens.

What the fuck does lack of role models mean anyway.  It's just another excuse, another reason used to keep POC angry and oppressed.

53 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Absolutely outstanding choice of rapper to represent anger and oppression, clearly you know your hip hop onions. 

Fair play mate. Had me chuckling and made wading through a load of hateful, ignorant spittle from a proper, proper twat not entirely a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

v1.bTsxMTIwNzc5ODtqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7MTIxM

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As it has been, many times, with consistent results.  But they were lefty studies, so they don't count.

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

1) You'd find it interesting if carried out by a POC and he didn't get an interview, otherwise you'd ignore it clearly.

2) What the fuck does lack of role models mean anyway.  It's just another excuse, another reason used to keep POC angry and oppressed.

1) Your rather trust one persons anecdotal evidence over studies?

2) Human psychology. We're complex beings. You probably don't think you could ever be Prime Minister, because the people in that job historically don't sound like you or won't have went to the same types of schools as you etc. Like that, except black.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Your theory says that when you reapply with the name Malik or whatever you'll be showered with interviews.

Let's see...

Indeed, I'll see what happens when queer Jamal with the same CV applies for five jobs I have and five jobs he shouldn't have a hope of.

It should be ten non-answers or automated emails.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

They've set fire to Great Ormond Street. Fire Engines and Ambulances everywhere. This is truly tragic. 

I'd link you all up but there is fuck all about it on the internet sorry. 

I've heard that's because they're beating the media away with the limbs of eviscerated orphan children.