You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Without testing your knowledge of the history of American policing certainly you understand the way Congress works.

Straw/back

They had two years when they controlled both houses under Obama, if I recall correctly. 

12 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

US Democrats introduce sweeping legislation to reform police

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52969375

Erm...

The bill makes lynching a federal crime, limits the sale of military weapons to the police and gives the Department of Justice the authority to investigate state and local police for evidence of department-wide bias or misconduct.

... I guess it’s a start. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Erm...

... I guess it’s a start. 

Class.

I remember a news story once saying: "President Obama has introduced a bill banning the sale of automatic assault rifles to the mentally ill."

I mean, well yeah.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

They had two years when they controlled both houses under Obama, if I recall correctly. 

Without getting too deeply into the fact that the Federal government has very little to do with police funding and nothing to do with administration of police, google Task Force on 21'st Century Policing. That is from the time period you mention.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Without getting too deeply into the fact that the Federal government has very little to do with police funding and nothing to do with administration of police, google Task Force on 21'st Century Policing. That is from the time period you mention.

I know, and this decentralization seems to be at the core of most problems, from the police departments acting the way traffic wardens act in other countries (providing additional funds for the city by aggressively penalizing minor infractions) to recruitment and training requirements.

• Upvote 1

On 08/06/2020 at 08:57, SasaS said:

Anyway, have they said anything about who is he, after his arrest? 

Nikolas Fernandez, the man arrested for shooting an unarmed protester after driving his car into the crowd at the 11th and Pine core of the demonstration Sunday night told police his brother works at the East Precinct, according to a police report on the incident.

The 31-year-old Seattle resident has not been charged but is being held on investigation of assault after a King County Superior Court judge Monday set his bail at $150,000 — half of what prosecutors asked — based on his ties to the community and inability to pay, according to the King County Prosecutor’s office.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Class.

I remember a news story once saying: "President Obama has introduced a bill banning the sale of automatic assault rifles to the mentally ill."

I mean, well yeah.

That's bullshit. Just because they are completely irrational and see/hear things that don't exist DOES NOT MEAN THEY DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nikolas Fernandez, the man arrested for shooting an unarmed protester after driving his car into the crowd at the 11th and Pine core of the demonstration Sunday night told police his brother works at the East Precinct, according to a police report on the incident.

The 31-year-old Seattle resident has not been charged but is being held on investigation of assault after a King County Superior Court judge Monday set his bail at $150,000 — half of what prosecutors asked — based on his ties to the community and inability to pay, according to the King County Prosecutor’s office.

So he is neither a cop nor a well known white supremacist (or is he?). Any speculation about the motive? Bringing lunch to his brother?

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.kuow.org/stories/gunman-at-seattle-protest-claims-he-feared-for-his-life-witnesses-paint-a-different-picture

Still not properly confirmed but rumours he's got extremist links too. Carrying a Glock with an extended magazine whilst driving towards a crowd is highly usual. For extremists.

Yeah but National Front doesn't want to believe that does he 

12 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wish someone would just shoot this cunt in the face.

I was watching John Oliver last night and I said to Mrs Turdseye that it’s amazing how nobody has shot him yet in a country with so many guns in it. 

Carlson I mean, not Oliver. Our John was fighting back the tears towards the end of his show this week.