You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

@Sugar Ape   It’s starting to lose control here

Where does the UK go?

Americans, for the most part, since the whole impeachment fandango - have accepted they get a referendum in a few months. That is what Republican Senators based their whole platform on.

But 5 more years is a long time man - out of the EU and the States siphoning cash off the healthcare system there is bleak. Throw in the collapse of higher education facilities and it looks really dusty. And dry. And loooong before any change.

That Colston statue getting pulled down and tossed into the river is fucking awesome. I only found out when seeing it on the guardian where they mentioned that Patel was crying about it :

“I think that is utterly disgraceful and that speaks to the acts of public disorder that have actually now become a distraction from the cause in which people are protesting about.”

jkZfLRm.gif

From further in the article :

Colston’s company transported more than 100,000 slaves from West Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas between 1672 and 1689, cramming them into ships to maximise profit.

The slaves, including women and children, were branded on the chest with the company’s initials, RAC. Unhygienic conditions, dehydration, dysentery and scurvy killed more than 20,000 during the crossings and their bodies were thrown overboard.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/07/blm-protesters-topple-statue-of-bristol-slave-trader-edward-colston

Maniac Patel is sad that the plebs have just torn down a statue dedicated to that scum. Probably concerned that they're tearing down symbols of the elite and would prefer that those plebs had stayed at home, accepting that the country is ran for the benefit of the rich and the rest of us are just here to be manipulated by them and help them gather more power and money.

Well it's in the river now you horrible cunt, maybe go help trawl it back out if you're so bothered. Or be more concerned that over 40k people are dead because of your shit government than you are about a statue of an elite racist, slave driving, mass-murdering fucking psycho.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Wonder how many of those people have walked passed that statue, or knew of it's existence and never so much as raised an eyebrow before today ?

There’s been a decade long campaign to get rid of it so I suspect a fair few knew who and what it was.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Sugar Ape   It’s starting to lose control here

Where does the UK go?

Americans, for the most part, since the whole impeachment fandango - have accepted they get a referendum in a few months. That is what Republican Senators based their whole platform on.

But 5 more years is a long time man - out of the EU and the States siphoning cash off the healthcare system there is bleak. Throw in the collapse of higher education facilities and it looks really dusty. And dry. And loooong before any change.

You don't have to tell most of us on here,you are largely preaching to the choir.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

That Colston statue getting pulled down and tossed into the river is fucking awesome. I only found out when seeing it on the guardian where they mentioned that Patel was crying about it :

I've just had a quick look at comments on Twitter about the statue-toppling.  All the radical hard-left Commies like, er, Gary Lineker, James O'Brien, Professor Alice Roberts and even Dan fucking Hodges are saying "about fucking time, too".

Strange days, indeed.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah, seen it mentioned above. Still reckon half of those there would have known fuck all about it before today.

I get your point but think you’re underestimating the knowledge about Colston. 

There’s been massively public campaigns to change the name of schools and music venues and take down statues of him over the last few years. 

You even had the manic street preachers refuse to play in Bristol years back because of the name of the venue. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I get your point but think you’re underestimating the knowledge about Colston. 

There’s been massively public campaigns to change the name of schools and music venues and take down statues of him over the last few years. 

You even had the manic street preachers refuse to play in Bristol years back because of the name of the venue n

We had a similar thing up here a few years ago. I'm sure there was a campaign to get some of the city centre streets renamed. Manestys Lane was one that I remember. There has also been a similar campaign over the last couple of weeks in Glasgow.

Have you been watching the latest series of A House Through Time ? It's centered around a house on Guinea Street in Bristol. It's got links to a slave trader. I think whoever the person was built it.