You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

28 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

America’s police doing a great job of resembling the Gestapo.

I remember a strange experience in Philadelphia airport once, was the most bizarre airport experience I've ever had. My mate had warned me about the place before we went, it was just to catch a connecting flight, but he'd been proper brutalised by it when he'd been earlier that year. 

As I was coming up to the passport area i noticed one of the guards had a limp and thought 'fuck me, this will be a king jobsworth.' Physical defect combined with a gun and badge makes for a potential cunt cocktail. 

My passport was about a year in date, but he held it right next to my face and started looking at me about three inches from my face, then would dart his eyes back to the picture, then back at me. I actually thought he was having a joke. He goes 'you need to come with me!'. 

He takes me to this small police station type setup in the airport with these two jock types in uniform. Me mates are shitting it at this point. 

"ID!!!" one goes. I gave him my passport. "More ID!!!" so I gave him my driving license. "Any more ID!?' so I gave him another form of ID. 

"What are you here for!?" 

Me: "Erm, holiday - erm vacation!"

He threw my ID to the other jock, they both smirked, then physically threw it back at me. 

Me: "Was there a problem?" 

"I THINK THE PROBLEM WAS THE GUY WHO BROUGHT YOU IN HERE!!!!!!" 

Quite bizarre. 

Why can't we all just, get along? 

https://www.theonion.com/republican-leaders-claim-new-yorkers-will-greet-u-s-mi-1843908110

Republican Leaders Claim New Yorkers Will Greet U.S. Military As Liberators

WASHINGTON—In response to continued unrest in the devastated region, Republican leaders reportedly claimed Thursday that New Yorkers would greet the United States military as liberators. “We have every reason to believe that the people of New York will welcome the American military as saviors,” said senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), noting there is evidence to suggest that New Yorkers will rise up in droves to fight alongside the U.S. armed forces to topple the oppressive Cuomo regime. “Will civilians lose their lives? Of course, but ultimately, I believe the people of New York will accept those casualties as simply a means to an end in the pursuit of state building. We believe that a secure, stable, and democratic New York is within reach, but peace in the Northeast can only be achieved through force.” At press time, GOP leaders claimed that Operation Manhattan Freedom was a success after residents pulled down the Statue of Liberty.

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

https://www.theonion.com/republican-leaders-claim-new-yorkers-will-greet-u-s-mi-1843908110

Republican Leaders Claim New Yorkers Will Greet U.S. Military As Liberators

WASHINGTON—In response to continued unrest in the devastated region, Republican leaders reportedly claimed Thursday that New Yorkers would greet the United States military as liberators. “We have every reason to believe that the people of New York will welcome the American military as saviors,” said senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), noting there is evidence to suggest that New Yorkers will rise up in droves to fight alongside the U.S. armed forces to topple the oppressive Cuomo regime. “Will civilians lose their lives? Of course, but ultimately, I believe the people of New York will accept those casualties as simply a means to an end in the pursuit of state building. We believe that a secure, stable, and democratic New York is within reach, but peace in the Northeast can only be achieved through force.” At press time, GOP leaders claimed that Operation Manhattan Freedom was a success after residents pulled down the Statue of Liberty.

Haha, I read that as an actual article until the last sentence, then realised it was from the Onion. Poe's Law in action.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the verbal insult would push towards the intention of a hate crime. Very important if setting up a case against anybody,I'd guess. 

Maybe randomly murdering someone just because they were black was a bigger clue.