You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Anybody remember that whopper on the "When is violence justified?" thread who just kept talking about milkshake and saying that violence is never justified?

What a card he was!

This isn’t the slam dunk you think it is.  

Violence isn’t ever justified for thinking differently.  If you drink drive, with your kid in the car and don’t do as you’re told by the coppers who are trying to arrest you then I think it could be.  I’d much rather be tased than hit with a baton. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Violence isn’t ever justified for thinking differently.  If you drink drive, with your kid in the car and don’t do as you’re told by the coppers who are trying to arrest you then I think it could be.  I’d much rather be tased than hit with a baton. 

So, you've dropped the assault allegation now? Good to see. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

So, you've dropped the assault allegation now? Good to see. 

I think it was reported that way at the time.  But yes, he wasn’t charged with police assault.  He did plead guilty to the DD, no insurance and the Cummings charge. 

Beeb just had Ashley Banjo on from Diversity talking about it, random or what? Should have got Arnold from Different Strokes on too, and that bloke who used to come up out of the grave in Live and Let Die. 

Although I like the idea of Diversity taking on the LAPD. They could dance out of the way of the rubber bullets and throw that small lad they've got over their lines so he could conduct operations behind the lines. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

That's not what you said.  You said it's never justified. Full stop.

I didn't think that you actually meant it, but you refused to expand on it; you prepared to wibble on with your daft little irrelevant taradiddles about dairy drinks. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The tazer was introduced as a non-lethal alternative to firearms. It should only be deployed in circumstances in which you would otherwise pull a gun.

This wasn't one of those circumstances. 

(Out of interest, have you ever been tazed or twatted with a police baton? I'm just wondering what you base your preference on.)

37 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The tazer was introduced as a non-lethal alternative to firearms. It should only be deployed in circumstances in which you would otherwise pull a gun.

This wasn't one of those circumstances. 

(Out of interest, have you ever been tazed or twatted with a police baton? I'm just wondering what you base your preference on.)

I have been twatted with a baton, one of those collapsible asp things.  It fucking kills. My ex girlfriend who was a copper had her arm broken by one.  She also spoke to people who’d had both and they all said being tased was better as there were no after effects. 

I don’t think you are correct about the use of taser either. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I  don’t think you are correct about the use of taser either. 

Fair enough; I was just being a smartarse on the baton v taser thing.

I'm behind the times on deployment. Taser use was broadened in 2007.Still not convinced that it can be justified in this instance, though.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q977.htm

28 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fair enough; I was just being a smartarse on the baton v taser thing.

I'm behind the times on deployment. Taser use was broadened in 2007.Still not convinced that it can be justified in this instance, though.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q977.htm

I got a lovely award from the head of GMP for my efforts.  Some scumbags were nicking a neighbours motorbike and I intervened, got a whack with a baton for my trouble.  Little cunts got a couple of years though. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Lost his job for it.

No NFL team would touch him; amazing coincindence all NFL owners are Republicans and pro-Trump....even Khan.

And now republicans are whining "why can't you protest PEACEFULLY" as if no one has fucking tried that already only to be mocked, laughed at, ignored or told they are "unpatriotic". 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Not a big fan of this if I’m honest, good intentions for sure but it’s happened on another continent and as bad as it is there’s far worse going on in the world. A nice enough gesture but not something we should be getting involved in imo.

• Downvote 2