You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

All fizzled out in Atlanta when a load more police pitched up outside with teargas.

CNN reckon they have full footage of the Floyd arrest from the very beginning, but I was too tired  to wait so I’ve turned in. G’night y’all.

No need for looting and smashing up people's shops and businesses though, that's the actions of arseholes, the types you see in most protests everywhere. 

These cunts  put a bad light on what the situation is about as that lady said on the news earlier, it doesn't help matters. 

Looters are cunts, wherever. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

No need for looting and smashing up people's shops and businesses though, that's the actions of arseholes, the types you see in most protests everywhere. 

Youre right but when black people keep being killed by cops and the government refuse to do anything about it  there's going to be a breaking point plus in any protest their will always be groups of people who just see it as an excuse to fuck shit up. Then you have cops pretending to be protesters and smashing up stores themselves to change the PR and allow heavy handed retribution. 

49 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

That's just not true. Around the vast majority of protests you're far more likely to see violence or the threat of violence from the other side of the line. Even in this case, the initial protests were met with tear gas, batons and cable-ties. Didn't see any looting or burning at that early point.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
24 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That's just not true. Around the vast majority of protests you're far more likely to see violence or the threat of violence from the other side of the line. Even in this case, the initial protests were met with tear gas, batons and cable-ties. Didn't see any looting or burning at that early point.

That and the fact most protests pass peacefully. The news only show the meaty stuff that inevitably involves religious or racial clashes. Without Covid there are thousands of protests being staged somewhere around the World, we have loads in the City I live in and I'd say the vast majority of protests are done so without many incidents if any at all. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Burning and looting small black owned businesses.   That'll show the white man! 

Fucking idiots 

You can't stop shitbags from joining in, you can't vet rioters and ask for a membership card. This will be the narrative that gets pushed by the likes of Fox News though.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You can't stop shitbags from joining in, you can't vet rioters and ask for a membership card. This will be the narrative that gets pushed by the likes of Fox News though.

How much looting went on during the ridiculous protests they had over lock down last month? 

• Downvote 1

I was only quoting what a black woman said, of course the heavy handed treatment of blacks is absolutely shit and has no place in today's society, not, that it ever should of been, its just that there is that element of twats both black and white to use these events to further there own gains, like the riots here a few years ago. 

Smashing up your own neighbourhood, the businesses of people, of all races, who have worked hard to build them up and employ people just makes no sense and distracts others from the problem at issue. 

I've no idea how it can be resolved, though society has come a long way since the darker days of the 50s/60s and in that I mean the days of TV and mass media as it has always gone on,. 

Wouldn't strikes, boycotts etc be a better way as opposed to violence and wrecking everything? 

I'm not sure if it's true about the Police infiltration to smash things up, possible obviously, they might do the same in HK and elsewhere. 

It's a dreadful sight to see all this shit these days, only the other day I was watching the coach burning of peaceful Luther King marchers by some cunts, and you think fuck how could that happen in the not to distant past, there's no way that could happen today thankfully, but perhaps violence meeting violence would of been justified then but not now. 

Saying that, it couldn't happen again, though maybe wishful thinking as no one of whatever colour or race has seemed have learnt anything from historys events, the world is a bastard for most of the time and it makes you wonder if it ever will learn and become what it should be before it's to late, which I fear it is, 

The impossibility of an ideal world is a sad but true fact. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

All fizzled out in Atlanta when a load more police pitched up outside with teargas.

CNN reckon they have full footage of the Floyd arrest from the very beginning, but I was too tired  to wait so I’ve turned in. G’night y’all.

Sky news showed phone footage from another angle and it seemed to show two other coppers helping to pin him to the ground with their knees.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

How much looting went on during the ridiculous protests they had over lock down last month? 

None. Just paramilitaries with full battle gear and semi-automatic weapons invading government buildings and threatening police and officials. 

54 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Apparently the police station is based inside too. So I read don't know if it's true.

I don’t think it is. What appeared to happen was a small group of police got separated from the main body and moved into the lobby area of the CNN building, and the protestors targeted it. They dispersed when the main body of police moved up to rejoin them.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

None. Just paramilitaries with full battle gear and semi-automatic weapons invading government buildings and threatening police and officials. 

Exactly how it should be done.   Not burning down your own town for a pair of Nike's under the pretence of caring about a recent murder