You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is in Central Park apparently. I know its not 'southern' America. 

This racist animal beating cunt is now playing the victim card because she had had people calling her a horrible evil cunt. 

Hope she dies.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As an aside, Liverpool built the entire Confederate Navy and they officially surrendered here. Such was its importance to Johnny Reb they had an embassy in the city and the Union maintained a spy network here too.

Yes the war ended in Liverpool. 

confederate-flag-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As an aside, Liverpool built the entire Confederate Navy and they officially surrendered here. Such was its importance to Johnny Reb they had an embassy in the city and the Union maintained a spy network here too.

Was it that extensive ? I know some ships were built on the river but thought it was only a hand full. The Florida and Alabama are names I recall from one of the books I read. I'm sure they were built under guise of merchant ships and then taken to the Caribbean for modifications and to be armed. I think there were fines handed out to the ship builders ?

I've read and heard bits about the last act of the ACW being carried out on the river but didn't know it was the surrender.  Never knew they had an embassy here. Is its location known and still standing ? 

21 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Was it that extensive ? I know some ships were built on the river but thought it was only a hand full. The Florida and Alabama are names I recall from one of the books I read. I'm sure they were built under guise of merchant ships and then taken to the Caribbean for modifications and to be armed. I think there were fines handed out to the ship builders ?

I've read and heard bits about the last act of the ACW being carried out on the river but didn't know it was the surrender.  Never knew they had an embassy here. Is its location known and still standing ? 

Some stuff on the embassy here mate.

https://localwiki.org/liverpool/Liverpool_-_The_Home_of_the_Confederate_Fleet

We built them 42 blockade runners apparently along with some warships, we also sold some ships to the union. Most scouse thing ever.

Edit, just double checked and it wasn't the Confederate surrender it was the last Confederate ship at sea. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-34725621

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This is in Central Park apparently. I know its not 'southern' America. 

This racist animal beating cunt is now playing the victim card because she had had people calling her a horrible evil cunt. 

Hahahahaha good

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some stuff on the embassy here mate.

https://localwiki.org/liverpool/Liverpool_-_The_Home_of_the_Confederate_Fleet

We built them 42 blockade runners apparently along with some warships, we also sold some ships to the union. Most scouse thing ever.

Edit, just double checked and it wasn't the Confederate surrender it was the last Confederate ship at sea. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-34725621

Had no idea it was as many as that. The story goes that although the orders were for merchant ships, the owners of the ship builders knew they were to become warships. Just as in any period of time, money talks and blind eyes were turned. 

Maybe it wasn't the Confederate surrender but the last act of the war is still a great bit of history attached to the River Mersey. I'd wager more than 99% of Americans don't even know that. 

I'm a bit surprised this is happening in Minneapolis and Minnesota, I wouldn't have expected so much racial tensions with all those Germans and Scandos in the state, I would have expected them to be very blue and fairly liberal up there. Didn't even know they had a sizeable black community in Minneapolis.  

Looking at the history, they already had riots in the 60s, when they burned down Jewish shops for some reason. America never fails to amaze.

Oh, and apparently Republicans control the state Senate. What is Amy doing?

39 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I'm a bit surprised this is happening in Minneapolis and Minnesota, I wouldn't have expected so much racial tensions with all those Germans and Scandos in the state, I would have expected them to be very blue and fairly liberal up there. Didn't even know they had a sizeable black community in Minneapolis.  

Looking at the history, they already had riots in the 60s, when they burned down Jewish shops for some reason. America never fails to amaze.

Jewish shops? Not big fans of kosher food round there either. 

45 minutes ago, SasaS said:

giphy.gif

The yanks seem to have a penchant for giving guns and badges to people who probably couldn't get a job shoveling shit over here. It in no way compares to any of this obviously, but I've had some of the worst airport experiences in the world in the States. Thick as fuck jobsworths ordering you around like you're a criminal just for having the temerity to be queuing up to board a plane. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The yanks seem to have a penchant for giving guns and badges to people who probably couldn't get a job shoveling shit over here. It in no way compares to any of this obviously, but I've had some of the worst airport experiences in the world in the States. Thick as fuck jobsworths ordering you around like you're a criminal just for having the temerity to be queuing up to board a plane. 

Yeah the way they interrogate you goes beyond what should be required. One of their officials wanted to shoot me because I didn't fill in my customs card on the plane with a black pen.