You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bye bye Jose

ReddOrDedd

I wasn't surprised by this at all when I heard this morning. I expected Mourinho to go in summer to be fair, and was surprised when he didn't.

Abramovich obviously wants to win games/trophies playing attractive football which Mourinho doesn't do but the main thing for me was him bringing various people to the club who Mourinho didn't want; Avram Grant, Frank Arnesan, Shevchenko and Ballack are all good examples. I thought Mourinho would have got sick of it along time ago but he didn't, which says a lot about him in my opinion.

Abramovich should have left Mourinho to run the club in his own way, they'd have been much more successful in the future. I think this will turn out to be a mistake for them and it will be regretted over the next few months.

I don't mind who their next manager is as long as it's not Capello, I think he'd do a really good job there.

Sometimes at night, when it is very still and not a single sound can be heard, the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) make an eerie electric dancing noise, like a strange far off frequency you might pick up between Radio Free Europe and Radio Luxembourg.

And it is in this realm that I sometimes find myself transported to a universe; a place where up is sideways, maybe down is up and there's a orange Irishman and green Protestant and we all eat manicotti on Tuesdays, but only on Tuesdays and only if the manicotti is from a Qantas flight that went up and down the runway, but only on Tuesday.

And here, in this place, for the most brief of moment, caught in a realm where time is neither now, past or happening, I, for a fleeting instant, understand the world of Red Nick. But there is a price to pay for such knowledge.

The realm is so crushing that I often drop to my knees on the frozen tundra, the realm of the world of Red Nick is so undeniably impossible to put into human words, human emotion, human logic, the facts of life that are indeed the very basis of life, so misconstrued is this realm, that it leaves you cold, terrified, apprehensively invigorated but yet, like a drug to powerful, you must pull away from it's vortex of madness.

It takes days to recover, and I know if I re-read this thread and find the dancing aurora borealis outside tonight, I will be forever changed.

God Bless and goodnight.

If you ever decide you want to be published, I'll be your literary agent. All I want is 5% and sloppy seconds on the mail order Filipinos.

just cos the translators gone we're a shoe-in for the league?

load of bollocks

they've made the decision early enough to give whoever comes in a cracking chance of getting it right and there's also the small matter of the mancs and arsenal

dont think this affects our chances one way or the other

(we were gonna win it anyway)

Sometimes at night, when it is very still and not a single sound can be heard, the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) make an eerie electric dancing noise, like a strange far off frequency you might pick up between Radio Free Europe and Radio Luxembourg.

And it is in this realm that I sometimes find myself transported to a universe; a place where up is sideways, maybe down is up and there's a orange Irishman and green Protestant and we all eat manicotti on Tuesdays, but only on Tuesdays and only if the manicotti is from a Qantas flight that went up and down the runway, but only on Tuesday.

And here, in this place, for the most brief of moment, caught in a realm where time is neither now, past or happening, I, for a fleeting instant, understand the world of Red Nick. But there is a price to pay for such knowledge.

The realm is so crushing that I often drop to my knees on the frozen tundra, the realm of the world of Red Nick is so undeniably impossible to put into human words, human emotion, human logic, the facts of life that are indeed the very basis of life, so misconstrued is this realm, that it leaves you cold, terrified, apprehensively invigorated but yet, like a drug to powerful, you must pull away from it's vortex of madness.

It takes days to recover, and I know if I re-read this thread and find the dancing aurora borealis outside tonight, I will be forever changed.

God Bless and goodnight.

that my friend, is a beautiful tale i shall tell my kids tonight as they transcend in the land of nod .

or the summer, I dont think he will go on a massive spree in Jan more like he will appoint someone to steady the ship and then appoint a World Class coach in the summer and probably spend hundreds of millions on the flair players he craves

I can see the likes of Quaresma, Alves, Ronaldinho etc going there next year

it will make winning the title very difficult after this season

Or they could well become a galactico-laden freak show which wins fuck all.

On balance, this will be a good thing for us in the short term. Most change is painful and they will take a couple of steps backwards before they kick on again. Obviously the key is who they appoint to replace him. It seems certain that it'll be a manager with a reputation for playing attractive football, but it could also just be a figurehead as they appear to be going ever further down the Real Madrid road of having as many people as possible in place to second guess the bloke in charge of the first team.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I do wonder if Abramovich will relent on his apparent desire to make the team self-financing. I mean, he had the chance to sign Alves, but pulled out of the deal because he felt he was being ripped off. That said, he was also sniffing round Ronaldinho for a potentially crazy amount of money.

I don't think Abramovich actually knows what he really wants and that - plus his apparent desire to have his fingers in all the Chelsea pies - means they could continue to underachieve, relatively speaking.

three points for manu guaranteed

as for jose top manager people can say what they like about the money he has spent but he has won the league and to win the leaguer you have to play 38 games like everyone else, motivate the team week after week like everyone else the league isn't just about money (big help though).

I wouldn't get excited just yet wait and see who chelsea bring in before popping the bubbly

I think this is bad news for us. I fear this will make it more difficult to win the PL.

This means a top manager like Capello or Hiddink will come in and probably have an ulimited transfer budget to build an even better team. Mourinho is a good manager, but Rafa has had a tactial edge over him and I'd prefer Maureen to continue and having to settle for mainly bosman players like this summer (Malouda apart).

And the PL will be more dull without "the spesial one". He's a big twat and has an ego ten times the size of the moon, but as someone said earlier in the thread now we'll be back to the boring wenger and fergie mind games :no

this represents our best chance of the league since '96

I'd disagree with that. The mancs are favourites for the title, and Arsenal have surprised me with their efficient start. Chelsea have been poor, and Jose leaving just confirms that. Plus new managers always get a positive reaction in the short term, so Chelsea may well start performing.

Grant set to take over at Chelsea

Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.

The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

This presents LFCs best chance since 1991 to be champions

Fuck this one up Rafa and your history

You

A phone call to G&H along the lines look at my performance at Chelsea but more importantly look what i did with no money at Porto, give me a contract for nothing but pay me 10m when i win you the title, the classless twats would go for that big style

are

So If Jose came out and said he was only interested in the LFC job and he is retired until asked to restore us to our greater glories thus dissing Rafa but was appointed manager for the start of next season

How would you lot react

A right

FTR if it was my decision I wouldnt sack Rafa (unless he loses it this season) however I am not sure the new owners could resist the possibility of being able to deliver the holy grail.

Tit.

This is what happens when you spend your formative years smoking banana peel and sniffing petrol.

The Mancs and arsenal were shaping up to be our main challengers this year so I don't think much has changed there. In the short term the thing that would best help our title challenge is if Terry et al "do it for Jose" and get a result at OT.

Sky hinting that Avram will be keeping the seat warm for Hiddink.