You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

athens all over again

DalyanPete

There's a big difference between away league games and european aways; there's a possible final at the end of the season, the amount of money spent going the game plus the time off work.

There will have been people in Porto the other night who won't have the loyalty for going and people who were sat at home with. It's wrong.

The club could stop it straight away by insisting on proof of travel from previous rounds. I.e. boarding pass in the name of the ticket holder, that would stop the buying for loyalty in a heartbeat.

Loads bought Galatasaray tickets last year and there was only 600 - 700 in the ground. It will be the same for Besiktas this year because people want to make sure they get the bigger, more glamourous games later on.

Toddler, I don't agree with you just buying a ticket for loyalty when you had no intention of going and hadn't gone to any of the other games but I know why you did and loads of others did it as well.

People could still buy tickets for shite games away like Fulham, Birmingham,Boro away, sell them on or just not go, then when the big games come along like the Mancs Or Everton ect they get priority!!!! But nobody will say anything about that!!!!! The club have created this system so people will take advantage of it, just like they do in the league!!!

Porto was a good trip IMO. Nice and hot, loads of nice cold superbock and nearly every woman there had massive milkers. What more do you need for a european away?

The match was shite and I see my mate pennant is believing his own hype now he has had two DECENT games but who am I to make a point about him?

The ground was superb. Good transport getting there and well stewarded getting in. I was shocked!

Loads of empty spaces in our end but it meant you could spread out and move away from any people you didnt wanna be nearer. For me it was anyone singing that atrocious "best midfield in the world" bollocks.

There's buying for loyalty and there's buying for loyalty.

At the risk of opening the flood gates... I did buy Galatasaray away last year cos it was only £6 and noone else was buying them. That to me was good sense. And no I didn't travel, 'cos I couldn't afford it.

As a result I got a ticket for Barcelona, which I went to, and Chelsea away, which I went to, and then Athens, which I went to. I also went to every home euro game including the qualifiers. Does that make me a c**t? Obviously I don't think so, but some may think otherwise.

Who are c**ts are the likes of a bloke I know whose missus is a moderator on Est1892 (feel free to boycott them). He is a carrot crunching twat with no connections to Liverpool, but somehow manages to get a hand full of fancards and buys tickets for every game. However, he must have only gone to a handful himself all season, picking and choosing the sexy ones and selling the rest on, largely through Est1892, I'm led to believe.

He drinks with a lad who is another exiled Scouser who goes to the game with me when he can afford it. Because he was skint last season he didn't get up enough loyalty for Athens, but had let this other twat use his fancard for the odd premiership game on the PTS.

The carrot-cruncher had spares for Athens, but instead of offering one to my mate, and allegedly his mate, he sold it on for a profit to some twat he hardly knows on Est1892.

If those are the ones you're on about, Sheshot, then you're dead right, he is a cunt!

you have my sincere apologies matey,

maybe i was a bit broad in my assumptions,on holiday amd my mate let me know only about 1000 went to porto with 2500 sold.

to me its like the sunbed scenario take them when you want them instead of hogging from 7.00 am and fuckin off for hours.

my bird does say i'm a moaning twat .

People could still buy tickets for shite games away like Fulham, Birmingham,Boro away, sell them on or just not go, then when the big games come along like the Mancs Or Everton ect they get priority!!!! But nobody will say anything about that!!!!! The club have created this system so people will take advantage of it, just like they do in the league!!!

looks like we may all be singing from the same page here.

i am going to contact coco the clown for his thoughts, yea yea yea