Quantcast
Any OTHER pens for shirt fulling yesterday - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
greenoak

Any OTHER pens for shirt fulling yesterday

Firstly I will say yes i know shirt pulling is an offence and strictly speaking it should be a pen.

And if you are going to give a pen at least give if for one for blatant pulling. This was one of the softest shirt pulls as well. How long was he holding the shirt for.1/2 second tops?

But I am interested to know if there were any other pens given yesterday in any games. I would guess that EVERY single match yesterday had shirt pulling multiple times.

Why is it we always seem to get the idiots trying to make a name for them selves

So thats 3 pens against us so far this year.

Thanks

When are we going to give a blatant fucking penalty away? All ours have been shite so far. We want Agger crunching players ankles when they've gone round the keeper, we want Riise flying into the top corner to save a certain goal with his hands. I want Pepe to do a Gudjohnson on everyone.

All ours so far are frankly pathetic and I want some change!

17985675_f69cf32a52_m.jpg

Strictly speaking, didn't the offence start outside the box? Wasn't he offside?

I'm all for definite pens but we've had some unbelievably harsh ones given against us this season.

One word CONSISTENCY

Thats all we want but we wont get it

Exactly what the LittleSut and I were saying yesterday after the game.

I am paranoid as hell, but this season I am convinced the FA see us as a threat to the superiority of their darlings so have instructed refs to do what they can to put the scousers where they belong.

3 penalties against us, all of which would never in 1,000,000,000,000 years be given against any of the other big 4 shows it.

Am I the only one who thought Arbeloa was being blocked off? The guy had his arm across him and Arbeloa couldn't get infront of him.

None of the replays showed the build up to the shirt pull.

I too wondered about the offside and a possible foul on Arbeloa.

The penalty against Villa was a penalty - Carra handled it.

The penalty against Chelsea - Got to be the worst penalty I have ever seen.

The penalty yesterday was a pen, he pulled him in the box. If that was Campbell who'd pulled Voronin, I'd have wanted a pen.

There was one which showed their forward slightly ahead of Arbeloa until he pulled at his shirt. At first I thought the were level with each other but Arbeloa was initially behind.

End of discussion.

Surely your problem should be with the referees who don't give blatant pens rather than the ones who do.

"End of discussion" is not the smartest way to discuss the issue.

His problem is with consistency and not with what is or isn't a "blatant penalty".

I have no problem with shirt pulling being punished with a penalty, it just rarely is and for far worse examples than yesterday's. I also think that consideration should be given to booking an attacking player pulling a defender's shirt in the box.

Continue discussion.

As the ball arrived, Arebloa was trying to get past Kanu (?) and Kanu had his arm across Arbeloas face stopping him, Arbeloa grabbed his shirt to both stop him getting away and stay on his feet. That was out of the linesmans view.

Agree with Robslappa, i actually thought it was a pen as well. But the really annoying thing is that it happens all the time in 99.9% of games, the majority more blatant than this one, especially at corners when half the defenders are watching the man and not the ball. All the talk at the beginning of each season is about clamping down on shirt-pulling, diving etc but as usual it will only happen for a few games then it will be back to normal. We just got caught this time. Another thing, it isn't often a linesman gives a decision, they often shit out when stood 5 yards from the incident. It's been said before but it's all about consistency.