You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa tells Crouch to show loyalty

coop

I don't think you can have 4 top class strikers and keep them all happy, Crouch doesn't look like he is as hungry anymore for the team. I think Rafa made a big mistake in the way he treated Crouch last year, it made no sense not to play him when he was in great form. I think the lad has lost a little faith after that and almost taken the 'wtf can i do' attitude. I can see the same happening to one of our central midfield players too in the near distant future.

I don't think you can have 4 top class strikers and keep them all happy, Crouch doesn't look like he is as hungry anymore for the team. I think Rafa made a big mistake in the way he treated Crouch last year, it made no sense not to play him when he was in great form. I think the lad has lost a little faith after that and almost taken the 'wtf can i do' attitude. I can see the same happening to one of our central midfield players too in the near distant future.

I agree with you about our 5 world class CM players

As for Crouch he was the best of a bad bunch last season but people only tend to remember brilliant games followed by 3 average ones. Probably on a consistency level both Bellamy and Kuyt were ahead of him but never could manage a performance near the level of crouch when he played well like the Arsenal game

Also as stated before Crouch seems to have a problem forming any sort of partnerhips with other strikers

I just don't like the way we play when crouch is on. We always look for him playing a direct/predictable game and every once and a while he can get a head to it with not much coming of it; even given the chance at goal I've always thought his header ability has been weak. No doubt he has some nibble feet and some great classy finishing in the past years but from the style i've seen with the torres + kuyt/voronin (even babel) combination we explore alot more opportunities and create much more chances. Ever so evident in the game last night with Portsmouth, as soon as stevie and torres came on we looked dangerous.

If we should move on or not i don't really know, but i doubt we are going to miss him much if he does leave.

FFS Peter Crouch used to be a great player for this club in a certain style of play and LFC have now evolved into a much different style of play and he doesnt fit that style of play, its simple no need to have a fit over it

Amen brother. You speak a lot of sense yo

I agree with you about our 5 world class CM players

As for Crouch he was the best of a bad bunch last season but people only tend to remember brilliant games followed by 3 average ones. Probably on a consistency level both Bellamy and Kuyt were ahead of him but never could manage a performance near the level of crouch when he played well like the Arsenal game

Also as stated before Crouch seems to have a problem forming any sort of partnerhips with other strikers

We've got five world class centre midfielders?

in regards to pete imho if he is to play away you have to pack the team with as much pace as humanly possible to make up for his lack of pace, (the same was true of morientes) at home this isn't really an issue.

I also think crouch would be more effective if partnered with either torres or babel (very quick) or kuyt who will work his arse off to give crouch the ball, voronin is the LAST person who should partner him

To be fair, the people slating him on this thread are same wankers who have been willing him to fail ever since he signed.

No one has ever been willing him to fail. I don't like him because he doesn't fit in to the team.

When we go down to play Pompey and he's up against players like Campbell and Distin he's not strong enough or has the abilities to make himself worth his place in the team.

You could see straight away when Torres came on that they struggled a lot with his pace and he ripped them apart in the time he played and that is why I think we would be better off with another quick striker like Owen or someone else because we play much better football when we play 'pass and move' football.

No one has ever been willing him to fail. I don't like him because he doesn't fit in to the team.

When we go down to play Pompey and he's up against players like Campbell and Distin he's not strong enough or has the abilities to make himself worth his place in the team.

You could see straight away when Torres came on that they struggled a lot with his pace and he ripped them apart in the time he played and that is why I think we would be better off with another quick striker like Owen or someone else because we play much better football when we play 'pass and move' football.

Is correct. Campbell and Distin are two strong centre halfs who can handle players like Crouch all day.

As soon as Torres came on you could see them flapping and straight away you could notice the difference. Torres skinning Johnson i think it was on the touchline and creating a chance for Voronin.

For me Crouch is a great option to have but not as the main striker like he was yesterday.

Crouch's lack of strength wasn't the issue yesterday; it was the fact that he didn't receive the ball to feet enough.

The real problem for me was when he did receive the ball at his feet, he found it impossible to control it. I'm sure Crouch has had worse games for us when it comes to his first touch, I just can't remember when. His lack of quality in his first touch yesterday was staggering, it's something he usually does well.

The real problem for me was when he did receive the ball at his feet, he found it impossible to control it. I'm sure Crouch has had worse games for us when it comes to his first touch, I just can't remember when. His lack of quality in his first touch yesterday was staggering, it's something he usually does well.

crouch's problem is he tries to control EVERY single fucking ball he is given, every single one, its like one touch just isn't part of his skill set. the ball comes to him one touch to control, one touch to get it out of his feet, one touch to steady himself and THEN he is looking to pass and then he is probably wondering to himself why he is given no time on the ball, to a lesser extent carra is the same too many touches meaning the opposition are bearing down on him so he has no option but to get rid usually in the form of a hurried punt upfield.

Would be really dissapointed if he did leave, but, if we do get rid then it would be worth contacting WHU for a cheeky little swap deal involving Dean Ashton. I like the look of this lad pace, power and knows where the back of the net is. Just don't know if he would be happy not being first choice.

Any thoughts?

Would be really dissapointed if he did leave, but, if we do get rid then it would be worth contacting WHU for a cheeky little swap deal involving Dean Ashton. I like the look of this lad pace, power and knows where the back of the net is. Just don't know if he would be happy not being first choice.

Any thoughts?

I had the same thought earlier today. In addition to all his strengths he's a hard worker and a real team player, so he'll have a good chance of getting games under Rafa. I've never thought he had a lot of pace though.

I really hope Crouchy plays his way back into contention, but if he does go then we have to replace him straight away, if not with another striker then with a winger so that Babel can play up front if required.

If we get rid of Crouch I'd love for a genuine number 10 to be bought, someone who can thread eye of the needle passes through, bring the wingers into play and conduct our attacks from deep. I think this would get the best out of Torres, Babel, Pennant etc as there would be a focal point of our attacks. If opposition teams then concentrate on him then it frees up the other players in any case. Someone with a genuine game intelligence and obvious talent unless of course Babel or Kewell can do this role in future.

If we get rid of Crouch I'd love for a genuine number 10 to be bought, someone who can thread eye of the needle passes through, bring the wingers into play and conduct our attacks from deep. I think this would get the best out of Torres, Babel, Pennant etc as there would be a focal point of our attacks. If opposition teams then concentrate on him then it frees up the other players in any case. Someone with a genuine game intelligence and obvious talent unless of course Babel or Kewell can do this role in future.

Ooooh another "link" man. Oh yes, you've been going on about this since.... erm... oh hang on... let me think... July 2005.. which is when (coincidentally, I'm sure), we signed Peter Crouch..

Well., who'd have thought?