You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ignore Lists...

madstock

How big is your ignore list?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your ignore list?

I'm not searching through 5,000+ posts for a couple of occasions, that's the proverbial needle in the haystack! You'll just have to take my word for it.

It happens more often on certain other forums I'm on though, where people have more persuasive arguments :whistle:

Not going to provide evidence because it's too difficult??? Haven't you accused someone of that before? If you were from Ireland would your name be Hip O'Crit?

So much for your claim to be "scientifically minded"...

Not going to provide evidence because it's too difficult???

No, simply because I don't have the time in my life to search through 5,000 of my posts.

Haven't you accused someone of that before?

You mean that occasion when you failed to back up your argument with any evidence, while I provided lots of evidence to the contrary? I think that was a bit different.

If you were from Ireland would your name be Hip O'Crit?

I dunno, but yours would be Full O'Shit.

So much for your claim to be "scientifically minded"...

Knock yourself out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

• 3 months later...
No, simply because I don't have the time in my life to search through 5,000 of my posts.

You don't have to, a computer does it for you.

Btw, here is my thread on the same subject:

http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29830&highlight=ignore

Gotta love the identical get-out clauses! :lol:

EDIT: My list contains four people whose opinions I rather not read.

Is one of them atk?

No, he hardly ever posts so I don't see the need to have him on ignore. Scrolling works just fine.

To save you the guessing game it's the following: Bally, Four Squares, Rashid and robslappa. On second thought I'm sure I could remove the first two. Probably either disappeared or banned.

I used to have an ignore list a while ago, however it tured out to pointless in the end, as every fucker I had on it, was constantly quoted by everybody else.

I have learnt to ignore a lot more with my eyes.

I still get the odd occasion when I get caught in the moment of replying to some of them that where on that list.

What are the advantages, if I have experienced it not working for its true purpose?

It's a combination, I think. I used to suffer the same as you. It's pretty much automatic to scroll these days when I see a Rashid quote.

It would be better if people didn't quote him, obviously. Especially as there is neither reason to quote nor argue with him.

At the time of the poll I had none, but now I`ve got Rash and Red Nick on my list. Rash, despite him promising to calm down, will never change. He post so much drivel that even if only 1 in 25 post is quoted, it would still be much more than the average forumite.

The fine thing about them being quoted now and again though, is that I regularly gets confirmation, that they belong on the ignore list.

Anyone else know they're on someone else's Ignore list?

I know Hermes has me on his. Me and the late lamented Shankly's Ghost embarrassed him in an argument on here once, and he announced (in the cyber equivalent of a girlish high-pitched squeal) that he was putting us on Ignore as a result.

The funny thing is, I can guarantee he does the sneaky cheaty "View Post" thing on my posts anyway.

• 3 months later...
Guest PaddyBerger15
Well, as I'm now on Rash's I may as well have him on mine.

Sigh.

What did you do to achieve such an exalted position Karlos?