You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Economics for idiots

Spy Bee

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Imagine making up a quote, denying it when it's there for all to see, then changing tack to the pedant game and being just plain wrong about that, too. Quite an achievement.

It's really weird that the super rich are almost always against raising taxes, but can't wait to tell you about their new foundation. It's a real mystery.

Got any examples yet?

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

It's really weird that the super rich are almost always against raising taxes, but can't wait to tell you about their new foundation. It's a real mystery.

Got any examples yet?

Sir Jim Ratcliffe ! 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

DuffMan has already given him the example of Dell as well.

I missed that. So, great, we've got one. A man who doesn't trust government not to spend money on bombs and shit so would rather give it directly to good causes of his choice.

Being honest, I think we're going to need more than one to sustain the "almost always" claim, but it's a start, at least.

8 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I missed that. So, great, we've got one. A man who doesn't trust government not to spend money on bombs and shit so would rather give it directly to good causes of his choice.

Being honest, I think we're going to need more than one to sustain the "almost always" claim, but it's a start, at least.

Oh he's anti-war campaigner.

Certainly an interesting version of reality. 

I'm trying to figure out this conundrum.

Karl Marx - Indirectly caused the death of millions of people with his ideological aims. Allowed his kids to die in poverty whilst refusing to work. Had a baby with his babysitter and kept it secret from his wife. Hero

Andrew Carnegie - Built the American railroad, thousands of public libraries and Carnegie Mellon University. Gave away $350,000,000 towards world peace, charities and good deeds during his life time. Villain

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

I'm trying to figure out this conundrum.

Karl Marx - Indirectly caused the death of millions of people with his ideological aims. Allowed his kids to die in poverty whilst refusing to work. Had a baby with his babysitter and kept it secret from his wife. Hero

Andrew Carnegie - Built the American railroad, thousands of public libraries and Carnegie Mellon University. Gave away $350,000,000 towards world peace, charities and good deeds during his life time. Villain

Give us your thoughts...