Quantcast
Beats and pieces - Page 119 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Terrace Martin, Robert Glasper, 9th Wonder & Kamasi Washington - Love You Bad (feat Phoelix)

• Upvote 1

The mysterious Sault have put out their second double album in 12 weeks and it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Untitled (Rise): get on it. Now. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

The mysterious Sault have put out their second double album in 12 weeks and it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Untitled (Rise): get on it. Now. 

My physical copy of Untitled (Black Is) arrived on Wednesday and then on Thursday I was reading 5-star reviews about a new album. Immediately ordered it but haven't had a listen yet.

• Upvote 1

Mate, it’s unreal. Honest to God, it’s an instant classic. Can’t stop listening to it. The whole thing is incredible, but I’ve gone fucking delirious over Son Shine. It’s got that addictive head nod, late summer, soul groove, bounce. Best thing I’ve heard in ages. Definitely the best track of 2020 and by a long distance. 

It sounds too good to wait until the vinyl arrives in November for a listen! On top of the shit weather here, records that have been building up whilst my player has been out of action for the last 4 months, and a list of house admin to do, it looks like a day sat in front of the stereo! 

Looking forward to hearing Gilles' reaction later.

39 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

It sounds too good to wait until the vinyl arrives in November for a listen! On top of the shit weather here, records that have been building up whilst my player has been out of action for the last 4 months, and a list of house admin to do, it looks like a day sat in front of the stereo! 

Looking forward to hearing Gilles' reaction later.

He played the last one in full during one show, didn’t he? Reckon he’ll do the same again. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paul said:

He played the last one in full during one show, didn’t he? Reckon he’ll do the same again. 

Yep. I think he said it was only the second time he'd done that at the time.