You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just had a listen to the tunes on their myspace, and they are indeed ace. There's actually more depth to their sound than I've heard before. What's the Lil Wayne track like, as I'm intrigued to say the least?

It's the best track on the album by a distance IMO, but Wayne is fucking garbage.

Oxton Soul Head Nodders (Ancient & Modern) 2007

1. Heaven - Matthew Cassell
  2. Break My Heart - Common
  3. A Toast - The Smile Rays
  4. I Gotcha (Blackwho? & Yambeard Rework) - Lupe Fiasco
  5. A New Day - J.C. Davis
  6. Hippy Skippy Moon Strut - The Mighty Show Stoppers
  7. Piece of Mind - Linkwood Family
  8. Peace of Mind - Rance Allen Group
  9. Massage Situation - Flying Lotus
  10. U, Black Maybe - Common
  11. Baaaby - Ta'Raach
  12. Georgy Porgy (Disco Version) - Toto
  13. Work It Out - Q-Tip
  14. The People - Common
  15. Hold It Down - Jazzy Jeff feat. Method Man
  16. Sky Breaks - The Heritage Orchestra
  17. Joy & Pain - Maze feat. Frankie Beverley

http://idisk.mac.com/alimclachlan-Public

Username and password are both "public".

Anyone had a listen to my mix yet?

Just having a listen now, have been meaning to for ages. Really liking it so far, it's just the right blend of chilled soul and headnodders for my mood this beautiful Saturday morning: quite hungover, but trying to get myself ready for a daytime session. Love the Smile Rays track, and the Flying Lotus tune is ace, and very nicely brought in as well.

Woo hoo, as I type my copy of the Little Brother album has arrived, so a tip top morning all round.

It's the best track on the album by a distance IMO, but Wayne is fucking garbage.

Interesting. I'm only three quarters of the way through the album, but for me it's comfortably the weakest so far. Think it's extremely 9th Wonder by numbers. And Wayne, as you say, is unsurprisingly garbage. Classic album so far though, absolutely brilliant.

Interesting. I'm only three quarters of the way through the album, but for me it's comfortably the weakest so far. Think it's extremely 9th Wonder by numbers. And Wayne, as you say, is unsurprisingly garbage. Classic album so far though, absolutely brilliant.

I just love the beat, although I suppose you're right. In my opinion, he's one of the best producers out, so that's okay for me.

Just having a listen now, have been meaning to for ages. Really liking it so far, it's just the right blend of chilled soul and headnodders for my mood this beautiful Saturday morning: quite hungover, but trying to get myself ready for a daytime session. Love the Smile Rays track, and the Flying Lotus tune is ace, and very nicely brought in as well.

Woo hoo, as I type my copy of the Little Brother album has arrived, so a tip top morning all round.

Love the Q-Tip tune. Have never paid any attention to him post-Tribe in truth. Any decent albums from him?

Fuck me - some feedback! Cheers, SW. Q-Tip had his first solo album knocked back by the record company after his debut came out, but Fat City currently have Live at the Renaissance (his latest on Motown) in stock. Official on there is a tune.

http://www.fatcity.co.uk/sales/pages/MusicPageRichMedia.aspx?pageid=12162

Was that Amplified? if so it was quite good.

Here's an old school mix

http://www.discobelle.net/2007/11/01/high-top-fades/

TRACKLIST:

Kid N’ Play - Energy

Kwame - Ownlee Eue

Digital Underground - Kiss You Back

De La Soul - A Roller Skating Jam Named “Saturdays”

Black Sheep - Strobelite Honey

Big Daddy Kane - Warm It Up, Kane

Steady B - Nasty Girls

MC Brains - Oochie Coochie

Sagat - Funk Dat

–Commercial Break–

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime

Paperboy - Ditty

Del - Mistadobalina

Nice & Smooth - Funky For You

A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario (Remix)

Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The hotstepper

L.L. Cool J - Around The Way Girl

Jade - Don’t Walk Away Boy

Brand Nubian - Drop The Bomb

Positive K - I Got A Man

K7 - Come Baby Come

Heavy D & The Boyz - Is It Good To You

Ahmahd - Back In The Da

Was that Amplified? if so it was quite good.

Here's an old school mix

http://www.discobelle.net/2007/11/01/high-top-fades/

TRACKLIST:

Kid N’ Play - Energy

Kwame - Ownlee Eue

Digital Underground - Kiss You Back

De La Soul - A Roller Skating Jam Named “Saturdays”

Black Sheep - Strobelite Honey

Big Daddy Kane - Warm It Up, Kane

Steady B - Nasty Girls

MC Brains - Oochie Coochie

Sagat - Funk Dat

–Commercial Break–

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime

Paperboy - Ditty

Del - Mistadobalina

Nice & Smooth - Funky For You

A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario (Remix)

Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The hotstepper

L.L. Cool J - Around The Way Girl

Jade - Don’t Walk Away Boy

Brand Nubian - Drop The Bomb

Positive K - I Got A Man

K7 - Come Baby Come

Heavy D & The Boyz - Is It Good To You

Ahmahd - Back In The Da

No - Amplified was his first. The next one got KB'd, only recently getting a bootleg release (it was a little bit "out there", shall we say).

Who did that mix, Mo? Is it yours? There are some great tunes on there. I'll be downloading it imminently.

No - Amplified was his first. The next one got KB'd, only recently getting a bootleg release (it was a little bit "out there", shall we say).

Who did that mix, Mo? Is it yours? There are some great tunes on there. I'll be downloading it imminently.

No, some dude called Sammy Bananas. I've just had a listen through it and its well moreish. I'll see if I can get hold of Live at the Renaissance. Btw, what do you use to for mixing?

No, some dude called Sammy Bananas. I've just had a listen through it and its well moreish. I'll see if I can get hold of Live at the Renaissance. Btw, what do you use to for mixing?

Good name.

At home, a wooden spoon and a bowl (AKA a shitty pair of Soundlab belt-driven decks and a half decent Numark mixer). However, when I record, I go to my mate's and use his 1200s hooked up to his Mac. He's about to buy Serato though, which could add all sorts of fun to the experience. I believe you can time stretch tunes on it without affecting the pitch. It also makes beat-matching a piece of piss for cack-handers like me.

Is there a simple program for say a computer that can be used? We've got decks at ours but my flatmate who owns them has got them locked up in his room while he works down in London.

There are quite a few software mixers available. I think you can use Ableton Live, but Weeksie's your man for more info in this area, being both a techie nerd and a DJ.