You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 hours ago, whtwht said:

Maryanne Mahoney - But Never

Golden Mean - Through Walls

Ooofff!!! Absolutely love that first one. Must be pretty rare. Apple Music and Shazam aren’t having it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Ooofff!!! Absolutely love that first one. Must be pretty rare. Apple Music and Shazam aren’t having it. 

I've not checked but had it on repeat half the day. Her voice accompanies the groove perfectly, so clear in her diction. I'm curious to hear the rest of her album though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, whtwht said:

I've not checked but had it on repeat half the day. Her voice accompanies the groove perfectly, so clear in her diction. I'm curious to hear the rest of her album though.

Same. It’s fantastic. The strings are incredible. When the sax comes in it almost feels a bit jarring, but then it drops back into that groove and makes total sense. 

I absolutely fucking love hearing something old that’s totally new to me but blows me away. It’s such a rare pleasure. This is completely in that category. Nice one for sharing mate. 

How did you get on to it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Same. It’s fantastic. The strings are incredible. When the sax comes in it almost feels a bit jarring, but then it drops back into that groove and makes total sense. 

I absolutely fucking love hearing something old that’s totally new to me but blows me away. It’s such a rare pleasure. This is completely in that category. Nice one for sharing mate. 

How did you get on to it?

Likewise I love discovering old tunes/artists that I've never heard before. So much good old music that doesn't get played. Totally understand your point on the Sax coming in too.

Heard it listening to Kev Beadles latest Mind Fluid show on Mixcloud.Check it out man .He has some lovely tunes on there.

BTW is there a way of watching that Soul II soul doc you mentioned as I missed it ?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Jazmine Sullivan - Girl Like Me (Live From the Tiny Desk Home Concert) ft. H.E.R.

Fantastic. Two really well-matched but distinct voices and then the band jumps in and goes up another level. Love it. 

• Upvote 2

On 04/06/2021 at 10:35, Paul said:

Just booked tickets for Little Simz in December at the O2 in town and Emma-Jean Thackray at 24 Kitchen St in March. Can’t wait to see some live music again.  

Both should be excellent Paul. I'll probably go Emma-Jean in July in London. Looking forward to it. My mate knows her though EJT being a student at Trinity Laban so will end up going with her to the gig.

• Upvote 1