You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Toulouse

Monster Masch

See Nick, I can't get my head around that. Behind Voronin?

Until his goals I thought it was typical Kuyt lots of hard work and a poor touch, just think Voronin offers more to the team but I admit its a close call between the two of them.

Crouch would be my number two on abillity but his inabilllity to form any real partnership makes him 4th choice

I was very impressed with just about everyone tonight. Leto was a bit quiet after a reasonably bright start, but everyone else was very good. The work rate was brilliant to see, and there were some real moments of quality as well, although once again we should have finished the game sooner and we were guilty of occasional sloppiness when we realised how easy it was going to be.

Random observations:

Crouch = still great with his feet, shit with his head.

Kuyt is the hardest-working player at the club.

Momo and Mascherno are a better midfield combo than I would have expected.

Hyypia will never let us down.

Arbeloa is getting better all the time.

Benayoun looked very hungry and was probably MoM.

Sorry forgot about Javier

My first choice 11 for what its worth is

------------------Pepe----------------

Finnan----Cara-----Danny---------Arbeloa

Pennant----Javier-----Stevie-------Whoever you like

--------------Voronin----Torres---------

At the moment thats more or less the team i would play and have Babel on the left.

Its going to be fun for Rafa trying to fit players such as Sissoko, Alonso, Kuyt, Yossi and Crouch into the team.

------------------Pepe----------------

Finnan----Carra-----Agger---------Arbeloa

Pennant----Javier-----Stevie-------Yossi

--------------Crouch----Torres---------

i think yossi and torres would link up so well...he'd play him trou so many times as he looks for that pass and torres likes played in behind

Until his goals I thought it was typical Kuyt lots of hard work and a poor touch, just think Voronin offers more to the team but I admit its a close call between the two of them.

Crouch would be my number two on abillity but his inabilllity to form any real partnership makes him 4th choice

I agree that out of the four strikers, those two are most similar, but it's far too early to say Voronin's usurped Kuyt. I'll be very surprised if he can match Dirk's awareness and link up play, and I doubt he'll have scored more than Dirk come the end of the season.

But fair play to you, it's always nice to have faith in a player and see it come off!

Edit: Don't think Dirk's got a poor touch at all.

I don't think you can say that about Crouch - he keeps the ball very well, uses his head literally and figuratively to set people up - he did it dozens of times tonight, and his completion rate was very high. I think he would be great with a speedy Torres to latch on to headed through balls.

Mr Nick, next to Kuyt Berbatovs a lazy cunt. I thought Dirk was amazing tonight. Yes, it was against Toulouse but he created space and kept on turning the defence allowing Crouch lots of space which he kept fucking up. Dirks cross for Crouch that he did manage to score was perfect.

Hell I'm going to bed to have Dirky Wet Dreams.

I agree that out of the four strikers, those two are most similar, but it's far too early to say Voronin's usurped Kuyt. I'll be very surprised if he can match Dirk's awareness and link up play, and I doubt he'll have scored more than Dirk come the end of the season.

But fair play to you, it's always nice to have faith in a player and see it come off!

Edit: Don't think Dirk's got a poor touch at all.

he has - for a player at the highest level. I thought he played great tonight btw. I agree, it's too early to talk about Voronin as usurping Kuyt, as he's only been here 10 minutes. I disagree with you about Kuyt's link up play - it's not good, as too often the ball is lost though his passes being misdirected or intercepted. He works bloody hard though.

I don't think you can say that about Crouch - he keeps the ball very well, uses his head literally and figuratively to set people up - he did it dozens of times tonight, and his completion rate was very high. I think he would be great with a speedy Torres to latch on to headed through balls.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say.

Crouch was at his best as a lone striker similar to Drogba in that degree, he only really forms partnerships with deep second strikers such as Garcia and I believe thats why he wont be here next season.

As I said on abillity he is the second best striker at the club

he has - for a player at the highest level. I thought he played great tonight btw. I agree, it's too early to talk about Voronin as usurping Kuyt, as he's only been here 10 minutes. I disagree with you about Kuyt's link up play - it's not good, as too often the ball is lost though his passes being misdirected or intercepted. He works bloody hard though.

It's just because he's often trying the more difficult ball and playing in an area of the pitch where defenders mark tighter and play is more bunched up.

He's a deceptively intelligent player, and he does have good close control. Yeah, sometimes it goes astray, but I think that's just down to the fact he does everything with that bustling energy, and I wouldn't swap that for a world full of Quaresmas.

Imo Voronin has already done that. Whether he can sustain it through the course of the season remains to be seen.

I thought tonight was a great game. We gave some of the fringe lads a game an they are now pushing fo a place.

Pennant better play well next match because Yossi is gunning for a start. Kuyt was his usual self except bagged 2. Crouch Im not sure about. Arbeloa is a hit

Loads of positives AND WE ARE IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE.

People are know begining to take our squad seriously.

I thought tonight was a great game. We gave some of the fringe lads a game an they are now pushing fo a place.

Pennant better play well next match because Yossi is gunning for a start. Kuyt was his usual self except bagged 2. Crouch Im not sure about. Arbeloa is a hit

Loads of positives AND WE ARE IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE.

People are know begining to take our squad seriously.

against derby a team that will defend deep and will be intent on claiming a point I'd be tempted to play yossi behind torres.

Indeed he will. Tonight convinced me he isn't good enough. His goalscoring record has been poor since he joined us, but tonight he really was shit.

Kuyt shit?? No way. Kuyt was MoM for me. Two goals, a great cross for the first goal, hit the bar, some good link-up play and incredible workrate all game. What more do you want?

Very good performances from Benayoun and Mascherano as well.

Momo and Mascherno are a better midfield combo than I would have expected.

That was the thing that (pleasantly) surprised me most tonight - I assumed it would be a bloody mess, but with Masher as the conductor Momo bashed his cymbals with some aplomb. (Not to mention French heads).

I think that Leto looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights, and was a little shocked late on when it was mentioned that Babel is actually a couple of months younger than him. A couple of Carling Cup matches against Scunthorpe and Bristol City and he'll be fine, though.

I also thought that Lucas looked a lot like Bellamy, facially, but that may be the beer goggles.

I agree, I think he'll start on Saturday for sure. Nice little cameo tonight, his ball retention is great.

an intelligent head on young shoulders, look at the way he sucked those defenders to him then released to give dirk more time to get the shot off.

I don't understand the comparisions to cisse, djib had almost no awareness of his team mates.

Kuyt shit?? No way. Kuyt was MoM for me. Two goals, a great cross for the first goal, hit the bar, some good link-up play and incredible workrate all game. What more do you want?

Very good performances from Benayoun and Mascherano as well.

I already conceded "shit" was probably ott. I still stand by my judgement on him not being good enough though, and I think more will come to that conclusion during the season ahead. I would not be surprised to see Dirk offloaded next summer.

That was the thing that (pleasantly) surprised me most tonight - I assumed it would be a bloody mess, but with Masher as the conductor Momo bashed his cymbals with some aplomb. (Not to mention French heads).

Even though I agree they did well, especially Momo, we will probably not play as poor a side for the remainder of the season.