You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New defender any suggestions?

Mr T

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayala is at Zaragoza now, he signed for Villareal on a bosman then decided he wanted to go to Zaragoza so he bought out his contract.

Chiellini would be ideal although I think we might go for an all out centre-half with Paletta gone and Insua signed up permanently and Aurellio near fitness.

Curtis Davies would be a decent shout as would Campbell (Pompey have loads of CB's and I doubt Redknapp would stand in his way). Mertesacker is a quality player but would cost top dollar as would Kompany.

For me though Brede Hangeland is a good shout, he'd be cheaper than the rest and has been tracked all summer by loads of teams.

Dream team stuff would be Richards but I cant see it happening.

I'm bigger than him. What is this you hear about Per Mertesacker?

I was chatting to a lad who lives in Bremen and he said that in his Sunday paper it had a short piece with no quotes,no official statements etc saying Liverpool were considering a move for Mertesacker. I posted the info on Est.1892 and someone on there said they had posted about us being interested in him earlier on.

It's not as bad as it sounds (easy for me to say that). The collapsed lung is caused by air going into a kind of space between the lung and the chest. So they stick a drain in to release the air, then the lung can expand again as normal.

Carra says he wants to be back in a fortnight but that might be optimistic. I think the lung bit can be healed by then, but whether the rib will be fixed by then is another matter.

I broke three ribs falling down a mountain, walked off and went straight back to work the following day....they dont make scousers as tough as they use to :whistle: It bloody hurt mind.

Ezequiel Garay from Racing Santander.

1. Big Argie defender - check

2. Plays for a Spanish club - check

3. Previously linked with Scum - check

Seems like a perfect Rafa signing.

Good shout! Ezequiel is a decent player plus he's got an excellent name. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men [...] And Garay will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy his brothers. And you will know his team is Liverpool when he lays his vengeance upon thee. Go get him, Evil Rafa!