You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Said his body just wasn't up to it anymore. I'm not surprised given the effort he gave.

When we first signed him I didn't like him or want him, but I'm happy to admit I was 100% wrong and I quickly ended up doing a 180° turn.

Wish him the best of luck.

Said his body just wasn't up to it anymore. I'm not surprised given the effort he gave.

When we first signed him I didn't like him or want him, but I'm happy to admit I was 100% wrong and I quickly ended up doing a 180° turn.

Wish him the best of luck.

Not so much the effort he gave but his knees were shot to shit. A few bad injures earlier on his career have ruined him now.

Loved him in his first spell but even more so when he came back, in his book he says how much he loved Kenny, you really saw how much he loved playing for him. He loves the club with a passion. Never shirked a game for Wales either unlike that twat Giggs.

A great player and a great guy.

Always remembered when he was cleared of that nightclub assault in 2006, after the two women giving evidence for the Prosecution were disbelieved because their evidence was so bad. This bit made me howl.

After the two women made an official complaint to police, Bellamy told officers during an interview that the incident started when he caught the eye of one of the complainants in the nightclub. When she asked him what he was looking at, Bellamy said he replied: "If I was looking at anyone it would be those two behind you because they are far prettier." Bellamy said the girl then slapped him and he made a counter complaint to police.

What a guy, left nothing on the pitch and a die hard red.

I've just bought his book on your recommendation, so you'll owe me £8.99 if it's shite.

You will enjoy it. Top bloke. Loved the way he buzzed off souness and shearer.

As a fellow Welshman, loved the narky little fucker. His performance against City in the 2nd leg of LC semi still stands out as one of the best I have seen in recent years. Can see him being the BBC's answer to Keane, if they want some honesty on MOTD.

As a fellow Welshman, loved the narky little fucker. His performance against City in the 2nd leg of LC semi still stands out as one of the best I have seen in recent years. Can see him being the BBC's answer to Keane, if they want some honesty on MOTD.

He had a spell around then of about two months when he was outstanding.

Like a lot as fans, I never paid him too much attention until he game to my club.

Once he did, his worth ethic was phenomenal and there wasn't single game that I can recall where he didn't look like he was giving his all.

He played the way a fan would play... he made it look like he WAS a fan of your club (of course he wasn't), but still. He will always be fondly remembered at City. When he scored, he always seemed to be saying "have THAT you b'stards!!".

I think by the time he got to Liverpool second time around, he was already on borrowed time. Most City fans wanted another year from him, but his knees just couldn't take it anymore - not week in week out.

Like a lot as fans, I never paid him too much attention until he game to my club.

Once he did, his worth ethic was phenomenal and there wasn't single game that I can recall where he didn't look like he was giving his all.

He played the way a fan would play... he made it look like he WAS a fan of your club (of course he wasn't), but still. He will always be fondly remembered at City. When he scored, he always seemed to be saying "have THAT you b'stards!!".

I think by the time he got to Liverpool second time around, he was already on borrowed time. Most City fans wanted another year from him, but his knees just couldn't take it anymore - not week in week out.

Was it true that he had a dispute with Mancini over the training workload, due to his knees?

I love the fact that he continues to work hard to better himself, both personally and professionally. I like his humility, his self-awareness and his genuine regret for past mistakes. Oh and I love the fact that he's a proper Red and he idolises Kenny.

• Upvote 2

love the guy, fantastic talent and great player to watch, but a massive waste of a talent, if he had a calmer attitude and more level headed character in his younger days, and none of the injuries, he could have been a great, especially if he played for us.

He is one of those "what could have been?"

Was it true that he had a dispute with Mancini over the training workload, due to his knees?

I don't know for sure, I'm not privy to what goes on behind closed doors, but I did hear like many others that Mancini wanted him to train harder, and Bellamy argued the only reason he wasn't training hard was that his knees needed to be saved for matchdays.

That seemed to be the crux of it, yes.

When we moved him on, it was hard to be sure if Mancini wanted him moved on (possibly) or it was just sensible anyway since he couldn't really offer week in week out reliability. Guess we'll never really know. But he was fantastic for us and certainly one we'll remember as actually helping us take the first steps into being a credible team again!

His performance against City in the League Cup semi at Anfield is up there as one of the best individual performances I've seen from a player in the red shirt.

Comparable with the likes of- off the top of my head- Hyypia v Barcelona in '01, Carragher v Chelsea in '05, Suarez v Norwich last season as a straight up 10/10 display.

I don't know for sure, I'm not privy to what goes on behind closed doors, but I did hear like many others that Mancini wanted him to train harder, and Bellamy argued the only reason he wasn't training hard was that his knees needed to be saved for matchdays.

That seemed to be the crux of it, yes.

When we moved him on, it was hard to be sure if Mancini wanted him moved on (possibly) or it was just sensible anyway since he couldn't really offer week in week out reliability. Guess we'll never really know. But he was fantastic for us and certainly one we'll remember as actually helping us take the first steps into being a credible team again!

in his last season with you, the one where Hughes was replaced by Mancini half way through I think, I thought he was your best player by miles despite Tevez getting all the plaudits

His performance against City in the League Cup semi at Anfield is up there as one of the best individual performances I've seen from a player in the red shirt.

Comparable with the likes of- off the top of my head- Hyypia v Barcelona in '01, Carragher v Chelsea in '05, Suarez v Norwich last season as a straight up 10/10 display.

Voronin v Besiktas.