You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you change about Rafa?

A very contraversial thread this given the opinions on here but if there was something you could change about Rafa what would it be?

I'd change his caution first footballing mentality, his obsession with "squad players" which leads me to his other obsession of rotation rotation rotation.

Otherwise he is a great coach, great manager, and someone whom I wouldn't change for anyone given his plus points far outweigh the rest.

So who is going to brave?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very contraversial thread this given the opinions on here but if there was something you could change about Rafa what would it be?

I'd change his caution first footballing mentality, his obsession with "squad players" which leads me to his other obsession of rotation rotation rotation.

Otherwise he is a great coach, great manager, and someone whom I wouldn't change for anyone given his plus points far outweigh the rest.

So other than his basic footballing philosophy, nothing?

Now now, no need for that. It was just a question really.

You didn't watch the match tonight and have formed cast iron opinions on what went on based on the selected posts that met your requirements. I think there was every need for that. In fact, I'll say it again. Fuck off Rash.

You didn't watch the match tonight and have formed cast iron opinions on what went on based on the selected posts that met your requirements. I think there was every need for that. In fact, I'll say it again. Fuck off Rash.

This isn't about this match, although having now seen highlights it wasn't exactly an attacking display was it? Our best player by a mile seemed to be the guy holding the midfield together.

Owen - Yes I dislike Rafa's philosophy, "controlling games" and lack of intent really gets me down sometimes.

This isn't about this match, although having now seen highlights it wasn't exactly an attacking display was it? Our best player by a mile seemed to be the guy holding the midfield together.

Owen - Yes I dislike Rafa's philosophy, "controlling games" and lack of intent really gets me down sometimes.

So in that case, you don't want to change something about the manager, you want to change manager.

Did you used to watch the great Liverpool teams of old away in Europe?

It was baking heat, we played some decent stuff in the first half and got a goal and then controlled the game. It has nothing to do with intent. The intent was to get a decent result.

Defensive football the new Quaresma.....which was the new Walcott.....which was the new Joaquin.....which was the new Houllier's a cunt.

Three threads with the same post from you about dissapointment in Rafa and his style of play.

Quite an important game coming up on Sunday and given the choice of cruising this game and leaving gas in the tank for Sunday or going all out to get 3/4 goals and killing the players in the process to satisfy your warped lust for perfect football then I know what I'd prefer.

Go and support someone else then!! FFS What would you change about Rafa? Are you just looking for someone to slag him so you can join in? it was 90 fucking degrees this afternoon, fuck knows what the heat was like on the pitch the players took it easy, big deal. After all we haven't got a big game for a while have we? BTW well said Jim. Can one of the admins delete this piss poor thread? Please.

Sorry lads didn't see your posts before i answered. Great minds think alike eh?

Defensive football the new Quaresma.....which was the new Walcott.....which was the new Joaquin.....which was the new Houllier's a cunt.

Three threads with the same post from you about dissapointment in Rafa and his style of play.

Quite an important game coming up on Sunday and given the choice of cruising this game and leaving gas in the tank for Sunday or going all out to get 3/4 goals and killing the players in the process to satisfy your warped lust for perfect football then I know what I'd prefer.

Mind you, the weather suited really going for it.

Go and support someone else then!! FFS What would you change about Rafa? Are you just looking for someone to slag him so you can join in? it was 90 fucking degrees this afternoon, fuck knows what the heat was like on the pitch the players took it easy, big deal. After all we haven't got a big game for a while have we? BTW well said Jim. Can one of the admins delete this piss poor thread? Please.

This isn't about today's game. This thread will frizzle out if it is shit, no need to deletion.

As Bascombe said a week ago, the big difference in winning the league is changing Rafa's controlling games philosophy to a winning intent. Changing the cleen sheet priority to scoring more than the opposition.

I even think goal difference and goals scored might make a difference to the league title this year. I think we have the players to play differently.

Behave Cardie, or I will be forced to bring up your year old threads were you're slagging everybody and questionning Rafa at every turn.

As for perfect football, who said anything about that? We aren't Barcelona, bit a slight mentality change is needed to win the league.

I'd have him buy Pablo Aimar and Roy Keane!

I'd have him buy Pablo Aimar and Roy Keane!

:biggrin: I hardly agree with many of Rafa's signings but the signings of Reina, Agger, Mascherano, Torres, Alonso and Garcia have simple been world class. When Rafa spends good money, he usually get's it right. It's when he spends on cheaper players that worries me.

No not at all. Seriously, I have concerns about the style of football we play and the caution we show in games. We let teams off the hook too many times, I am raising those concerns.

We have played two matches. Both away. The first one we played good attacking football and showed moire oomph than last season, the second (which.you.did.not.watch) was played in searing heat and we played two up front, Gerrard in the middle, attacking outer midfielders and you still choose to moan. If you had a reasonable argument I would listen, but you haven't. You are just being a twat.