You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

I can't help but believe the rumours about the McCann's being swingers. Something's definitely rotten in Denmark anyway.

I don't see the connection. Swingers = paedophiles?

What?

They were too busy having sex to look after their kids or pay for a babysitter?

Aren't there witnesses that place them in the Tapas bar at the time they said they were in it?

There may be discrepancies about who checked the kids and when, but they were deffo in that restaurant.

They were too busy having sex to look after their kids or pay for a babysitter?

Well that's what has been implied.

Aren't there witnesses that place them in the Tapas bar at the time they said they were in it?

Oh right I hadn't heard that.

There is something funny about it all though.

tut.jpg

Is there anyone in the country who still actually feels any sympathy for these negligent snobby twats? I mean I'm sorry that their irresponsible, terrible parenting has resulted in the loss/possible murder of their little girl, but they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I'm sick of seeing them on television and in the newspapers. I'm sick of people campaigning for money so these rich negligent cunts can continue scouring Europe to ease their considerable guilt. I'm sick of that tart carrying around that fucking teddy bear everywhere she goes to try and garner sympathy when she should be in a jail cell.

It's about time the police charged these people with criminal negligence, and if the poor little lass is found dead are their grounds to charge them with her manslaughter? It's been said before that if two parents from a council estate in Kenny had gone to the pub for a pint and this had happened you just know that social services and the CPS would have come down on them like a shot. The elite protecting the elite and it makes me sick.

If she is alive, I would suspect she's being better looked after by more loving, attentive people than her birth parents anyway, so fuck 'em. The poor girl probably doesn't know any different anyway; she probably hardly knew her parents anyway.

This is rich coming from somebody who defends a wrestler that murdered his wife and youg kid. Your head is so far up your arse at times it is unreal. You are not as smart as you think you are.

Arsehole!

This is rich coming from somebody who defends a wrestler that murdered his wife and youg kid. Your head is so far up your arse at times it is unreal. You are not as smart as you think you are.

Arsehole!

Well evidently he is as you can't come up with any arguments just insults, just like everyone else on this thread so far that disagrees with Chris. You people are undermining your own arguments by calling him a cunt with no real points to raise of your own. Why is Chris wrong - give some reasoned arguments?

Oh and Chris never defended the actions of Benoit, get your facts straight

The parents know they did wrong and unfortunately they will pay for this for the rest of their lives. Their only fault was that they believed something like this could never happen to them. They lived in the perfect world for a while, when they where on holidays. The person who carried that wee girl away is the animal in this not the parents.

Fair play to them for the campaign they are running to keep Madeline fresh in peoples minds, I think everybody would do the same.

Some right cunts on this thread. Redmist, cheap shot calling the McCanns blueshite while you give out about everton fans calling reds murders.

Well evidently he is as you can't come up with any arguments just insults, just like everyone else on this thread so far that disagrees with Chris. You people are undermining your own arguments by calling him a cunt with no real points to raise of your own. Why is Chris wrong - give some reasoned arguments?

Sorry, he couldn't "understand" (and in time he hoped to) why he ruthlessly murdered his wife and kid.

And you expect nay demand sympathy when some doped up steroid twat dies (or killls his own wife and family) ? Fuck me Chris, get a grip.

When, (if) you ever have kids then I think you may regret that bollox.

Oh my god, do you not even see the fucking irony in your own post? You slaughter me for the seemingly harsh words I've spoken about the McCanns then refer to someone who has also been involved in a tragedy (which was his own doing too) as a "doped up steroid twat." You idiot.

And, er, fuck that. I didn't demand sympathy for Benoit either. I didn't have any sympathy for them myself, but then I didn't have the remotest bit of understanding as to why he did what he did.

The issue here isn't really with the parents for me, I'd expect them to do everything they can to keep the news in the media glare, the issue is with the dickheads, both in the media and around the country, who are allowing this to dominate coverage. Anyone who doesn't think that is is obscene that people have given a million pounds in donations to find one little girl when there are millions of people dying for a lack of some clean water need to get their moral compass calibrated.

I reckon I might bump my Darfur thread again just so we can all read through the pages of interest from all the people who hate to see little kids suffer (If certain specific criteria are met).

I think Chris came into the thread with too much thunder in his veins but I can agree with a fair bit of what he said. The stuff about being loved more now did you no favours though dude, it was idiotic.

Well said. Everybody seems to be throwing the abuse around- particularly at Chris- for him speaking his mind. Okay, the wording could have been-ahem- more tactful, like I've said before, but I agreed with almost everything he had to say.

For such an emotive subject he spoke his mind well. Calling him a cunt- or anybody else who agreed with him for that matter- is a little counter-productive, don't you think?

I mean, by all means disagree, because it's all about opinions, but there's not really any need for the abuse. I dont think anybody on here has NOTwished for the girl's safe return have they?

The issue here isn't really with the parents for me, I'd expect them to do everything they can to keep the news in the media glare, the issue is with the dickheads, both in the media and around the country, who are allowing this to dominate coverage. Anyone who doesn't think that is is obscene that people have given a million pounds in donations to find one little girl when there are millions of people dying for a lack of some clean water need to get their moral compass calibrated.

I reckon I might bump my Darfur thread again just so we can all read through the pages of interest from all the people who hate to see little kids suffer (If certain specific criteria are met).

I think Chris came into the thread with too much thunder in his veins but I can agree with a fair bit of what he said. The stuff about being loved more now did you no favours though dude, it was idiotic.

Poor choice of words yourself there, Monty and softening it with dude doesn't soften it.

With that you're completely ruling out the possibility (when nothing can be ruled out at this stage) that she was taken by a) someone desperate for a child or b) stolen and sold for adoption to another couple desperate for a child.

A couple who wouldn't put there own happiness and selfish desires before their own children, who wouldn't lug them all the way to Portugal and not treat them as a burden - to the point where they would lock them away so they can go and jolly it up.

You make out that I stated it as a fact, I'm not saying that's the case, but it's a possibility and it's probably the best case scenario at present. And don't call me an idiot.

Poor choice of words yourself there, Monty and softening it with dude doesn't soften it.

With that you're completely ruling out the possibility (when nothing can be ruled out at this stage) that she was taken by a) someone desperate for a child or b) stolen and sold for adoption to another couple desperate for a child.

A couple who wouldn't put there own happiness and selfish desires before their own children, who wouldn't lug them all the way to Portugal and not treat them as a burden - to the point where they would lock them away so they can go and jolly it up.

You make out that I stated it as a fact, I'm not saying that's the case, but it's a possibility and it's probably the best case scenario at present. And don't call me an idiot.

To be fair I think that the most reasonable hypotheses on where she might be would have her dead, molested, both or wandering off and dying down a hole. I think it takes quite a jump of faith to think that she would be taken and sold on to wonderful parents (parents who would have to have missed the whole furore going on at the moment).

You're not an idiot, not by a long stretch, but I do think that part of the post was idiotic. That's just my take on that though.

Oh my god, do you not even see the fucking irony in your own post? You slaughter me for the seemingly harsh words I've spoken about the McCanns then refer to someone who has also been involved in a tragedy (which was his own doing too) as a "doped up steroid twat." You idiot.

And, er, fuck that. I didn't demand sympathy for Benoit either. I didn't have any sympathy for them myself, but then I didn't have the remotest bit of understanding as to why he did what he did.

Are you drawing parallels between the McCanns and Benoit?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

But how will that raise my standing at the Cricket club, what will the other wives think?

I have to be seen to be upset, and god damn it I will, just like when Diana died.

Kids in Darfur, who gives a shit?

Well said that man.

It''s totally out of order the sh*t Chris is getting. He's put forward a view that many hold. As a parent I'd never dream of leaving my two-year old in an unlocked house whilst I go out for a jolly.

But how will that raise my standing at the Cricket club, what will the other wives think?

I have to be seen to be upset, and god damn it I will, just like when Diana died.

Kids in Darfur, who gives a shit?

Did you know that the Express has had a Diana story in every edition since she died?

She is truly the Queen of People's Hearts.

Chris certainly has his views, but I think the way he put them across in the first post was far too strong. Sometimes if an opinion is expressed too strongly then it damages the reason contained therein.

For me, I just think there is far too little compassion on here. Too many people are coming across as self-righteous and wise after the fact. The McCanns know their mistake and that will likely (notwithstanding a miraculous retrieval) haunt them for the rest of their days.

I feel like I'm watching some sort of macabre spectacle where the parents are getting a good hammering for the mistakes they have made. I'm a church man, and I have to say, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Our three year old played in our garden today. It is conceivable that someone could have hopped over the back fence and taken her while I was inside making a cup of tea. Would I have had a chorus of experts telling me that I shouldn't have popped inside the house? How helpful would that have been?