You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s exactly how the law works. A prosecution would not be in the public interest.  Madeline wouldn’t be back, the other kid would lose a sister and parents - how’s that justice?  

Also, you make a precedent. Does it mean that every parent has to be in sight of their kids? What about playing out?  Was it worst because it was dark?

they made a mistake but thousands of parents do the same thing every day.  

With a three-year-old child?

Not to mention two babies.

I beg to differ.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

They definitely know more than they're letting on.  You'd have to be an idiot, like rico, not to realise it.

Or to ‘definitely ‘ know something about two people who you’ve never met, don’t know anyone who knows them, who have been cleared by police and campaigned relentlessly to keep the police investigation going. Yes mate, I’m the idiot. Cunt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

You're just compounding the stupid now, dig up mate, dig up!

What are you on about?  

Theres no no evidence they did anything wrong other than leave the kids.  That was wrong.  What good does prosecuting them do?  

Fuck me. It even says they would have to be proved to have wilfully neglected them in that piece. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What are you on about?  

Theres no no evidence they did anything wrong other than leave the kids.  That was wrong.  What good does prosecuting them do?  

Fuck me. It even says they would have to be proved to have wilfully neglected them in that piece. 

I've seen comments about you and without having read much from you I thought it a tad unfair. It now appears they are correct, you're going on ignore as you're wasting my time with your stupid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

I've seen comments about you and without having read much from you I thought it a tad unfair. It now appears they are correct, you're going on ignore as you're wasting my time with your stupid. 

Ha ha - brilliant.  Ta ra. 

The article proves you wrong so you disappear. 

A reward of £20,000 was offered to anyone who could assist with the investigation. But then the story of the Smith sighting took another bizarre twist as allegations emerged in the media that the family had retracted their statements. The public were being told that this potentially critical development was just another red herring.

The BBC even went as far as to make this claim. In a ‘Panorama’ programme broadcast in May 2017 to mark the tenth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance, presenter Richard Bilton told viewers that the Smiths had changed their mind about seeing Gerry McCann and now believed they had seen someone else.

In recent weeks, I have spoken to Martin Smith at his home in Drogheda. He told me he continues to stand by everything he said to police in 2007. At no point did he withdraw his statement or change his mind about the sighting.

He is frustrated by media claims that he now says he was mistaken; and remains “60-80 per cent” convinced that the man he saw that night was Gerry McCann.

After the BBC programme was broadcast, Martin contacted ‘Panorama’ and informed them of their inaccuracy. But the broadcaster failed to correct the record despite its public service remit.

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2018/02/maddie-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/

And yet the Netflix 'documentary' states he changed his mind, again or not as the case may be. So maybe they didn't clarify some things after all. The fallout from the Netflix 'documentary' should provide more entertainment than the actual 'documentary'. 

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Colin Sutton is one of a number of experienced officers who believe the Smith sighting is one of the most important pieces of evidence available to the investigation.

According to media reports, Sutton had been tipped to head up the new probe by British police in 2010. He claims he received a call shortly after these reports from a high-ranking friend in the Met who warned him not to take on the job as he would not be happy being told what he could and could not look at.

Several aspects of the new investigation perplex him including the apparent decision by Operation Grange not to question Gerry and Kate McCann or their friends again.

“Looking at the background to the whole case again, inconvenient suggestions like the Smith sightings, have been dismissed on a number of occasions”, he says:

“When someone comes forward like that, it must be taken very seriously. It wasn’t just a throwaway phone call. It was something quite specific. The fact that Mr Smith’s memory was triggered by seeing Gerry Mc Cann carrying the child down the steps of the plane is quite relevant because I think that is how the mind works. It is a trigger I would take quite seriously.”

“I can see no reason why Martin Smith would make up these claims. He has nothing to gain from doing so”.

But yeah, they reported he has changed his mind, so you know. 

1. On May 3, 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

2. Did you search inside the master bedroom wardrobe?

3. (Shown two photographs of her bedroom wardrobe) Can you describe its contents?

4. Why was the curtain by the sofa near the side window tampered with? Did someone go behind the sofa?

5. How long did your search of the apartment take after you detected Madeleine’s disappearance?

6. Why did you say Madeleine had been abducted?

7. Assuming Madeleine was abducted, why did you leave the twins to go to the ‘Tapas’ and raise the alarm? The supposed abductor could still be in the apartment.

8. Why didn’t you ask the twins then what happened to their sister or why didn’t you ask them later on?

9. When you raised the alarm at the ‘Tapas’ what exactly did you say – what were your exact words?

10. What happened after you raised the alarm there?

11. Why did you go and warn your friends instead of shouting from the verandah?

12. Who contacted the authorities?

13. Who took place in the searches?

14. Did anyone outside the group learn of her disappearance in those following minutes?

15. Did any neighbour offer you help?

16. What does 'we let her down' mean?

17. Did Jane Tanner tell you that night she’d seen a man with a child?

18. How were the authorities contacted and which police force was alerted?

19. During the searches, with the police there, where did you search for Maddie, how and in what way?

20. Why did the twins not wake up during that search or when they were taken upstairs?

21. Who did you phone after the occurrence?

22. Did you call Sky News?

23. Did you know the danger of calling the media, because it could influence the abductor?

24. Did you ask for a priest?

25. By what means did you divulge Madeleine’s features, by photographs or by any other means?

26. Is it true that during the searches you remained seated on Maddie’s bed without moving?

27 What was your behaviour that night?

28. Did you manage to sleep?

29. Before travelling to Portugal, did you make any comment about a foreboding or a bad feeling?

30. What was Madeleine’s behaviour like?

31. Did Maddie suffer from any illness or take any medication?

32. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister?

33. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister, friends and school mates?

34. As for your professional life, in how many and which hospitals have you worked?

35. What is your medical speciality?

36. Have you ever done shift work in any emergency services or other services?

37. Did you work every day?

38. At a certain point you stopped working. Why?

39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?

40. Is it true sometimes you despaired at your children’s behaviour and it left you feeling very uneasy?

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

42. In England, did you medicate your children? What type of medication?

43. In the case files, you were shown canine forensic testing films. After watching them, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, carried out in a British lab, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

48. Did you have any responsibility or intervention in your daughter’s disappearance? 

42 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Or to ‘definitely ‘ know something about two people who you’ve never met, don’t know anyone who knows them, who have been cleared by police and campaigned relentlessly to keep the police investigation going. Yes mate, I’m the idiot. Cunt. 

Haha, "cleared by police".  The case was only dropped in Portugal because of political pressure whereas in this country the remit of Operation Grange did not include questioning the McCanns or any of the Tapas 7.  You're completely fucking clueless, and a massive, massive cunt. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Haha, "cleared by police".  The case was only dropped in Portugal because of political pressure whereas in this country the remit of Operation Grange did not include questioning the McCanns or any of the Tapas 7.  You're completely fucking clueless, and a massive, massive cunt. 

Yes mate.  You believe a conspiracy theory but I’m clueless.  

Any evidence they killed her or did anything to her would be ignored because of the remit of an investigation. Fucking weapon grade stupidity.  

Although I am a bit of a cunt.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes mate.  You believe a conspiracy theory but I’m clueless.  

Ah yes, use the word conspiracy like a desperate Tory twat.

I suppose the Portuguese police were conspiring when they concluded she died in the apartment and the parents concealed the corpse, were they?

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Ah yes, use the word conspiracy like a desperate Tory twat.

I suppose the Portuguese police were conspiring when they concluded she died in the apartment and the parents concealed the corpse, were they?

Ha ha desperate?  You are all over the shop. You are desperate for a couple to have killed a kid because they were doctors.  Weird as fuck. Are you jealous of their success?  

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha desperate?  You are all over the shop. You are desperate for a couple to have killed a kid because they were doctors.  Weird as fuck. Are you jealous of their success?  

Like much of your nonsense, this does not merit a response.

Have a nice day, cuntchops.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha - oh no, your nonsense has been shown up. The AG in Portugal said there was no case to answer. 

No, not shown up.  There's just literally no point discussing anything with you, because you're thick as pig shit and a massive cunt.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

There's no explosive new evidence and it would be fair to say IMHO that it is very sympathetic to the McCanns. They do however clear up some of the misreported stuff that had somehow been regarded as facts. I don't see anything there that will help them find her or solve this. 

I know legally the dog stuff isn't powerful, but they hammer down on that. At times I wasn't sure if I was watching a documentary or watching the defence making their case. Having worked with police sniffer dogs (although not blood dogs or cadaver dogs) I find it very interesting that both dogs found what they did, where they did. 

Cheers. Which episode is the dog stuff? I might just jump straight to that.

My Uncle was in the Met and similar to you, he's worked with sniffer dogs etc. He says they are incredible and the odds of them making a mistake are minimal.

I cant understand if they did it when they did it.

6pm: Kate takes children back to apartment while Gerry goes to an hour-long tennis lesson.

6.30pm: Gerry asks David Payne, one of the so-called "tapas seven", to check on Kate and the children at the apartment.

7pm: Gerry returns to the apartment and the children are put to bed in the front bedroom overlooking the car park and beyond it, the street. Madeleine is placed in the single bed nearest the door. There is an empty bed against the opposite wall beneath the window. Between the two beds are two travel cots containing the twins.

7.30pm: The McCanns shower and change.

8pm: The couple share a bottle of wine together.

8.35pm: The McCanns are the first of the group to arrive at the tapas restaurant, 50 yards away from their apartment.

8.55pm: The group has ordered starters when the routine of checking on the children begins. Matt Oldfield goes to check his own apartment. He also tells the Paynes, who are still in their apartment, that the group is waiting for them at the restaurant.

9.05pm: Gerry returns to the apartment through the unlocked patio doors to check on the children. Earlier that week, the McCanns had used a key to go in through the front door next to the children's bedroom but, worrying the noise might wake the children, they began using the patio doors, leaving them unlocked.

He enters the apartment and sees that the children's bedroom door, which they always left slightly ajar, is now open to 45 degrees. Thinking this is odd, he glances into his own bedroom to see if Madeleine has gone into her parents' bed. But he sees that all three are still fast asleep where the McCanns left them. Putting the door back to five degrees, he went to the toilet and then returned to the restaurant. This is the last time he would see his daughter.

9.08pm: Gerry sees Jeremy Wilkins, another holidaymaker at the resort, on the opposite side of the road as he walks back to the tapas bar and crosses over to talk. Wilkins and his partner are eating in their apartment since their youngest child will not settle. The two men spend several minutes talking.

9.10pm: Jane Tanner walks up the road, unnoticed by Gerry and Wilkins, although she sees them. She spots a man walking quickly across the top of the road in front of her, going away from the apartment block and heading to the outer road of the resort complex. He is carrying a sleeping girl in pink pyjamas who is hanging limply in his arms. The sighting is odd, but hardly exceptional in a holiday resort. Her daughter is fine; Tanner returns to the table.

9.30pm: Kate gets up to make next check on her children but Matthew Oldfield and Russell O'Brien are checking, too. Oldfield offers to check the McCann's children.

In the McCanns' apartment, Oldfield notices the children's bedroom door is open again, but this means little to him. He merely observes all is quiet and makes a cursory glance inside the room seeing the twins in their cot, but not directly seeing Madeleine's bed from the angle at which he stood. Afterwards, he could not say for sure if she had been there or not. Nor could he say if the window and shutter had been open.

He would later get a hard time from the police because of this. During his interviews, he was aggressively accused of taking Madeleine, coming under suspicion because he had offered to take Kate's turn.

10.00pm: Kate checks on the children. She becomes alarmed when she reaches out to the children's bedroom door and it blows shut. Inside the room, the window is open and the shutter is up. The twins are sleeping but Madeleine's bed is empty.

Shortly after 10pm: Rachael Oldfield goes to Tanner's apartment to tell her Madeleine has been taken. Tanner says: "Oh my God. I saw a man carrying a girl."

Key to this is the 9.30 Odfield checking. If she was dead in the apartment or missing you would not have let a pal go.                                                                                                                      

If she was gone before and never made bed again why would you let a pal go check?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Just now, Anny Road said:

I cant understand if they did it when they did it.

6pm: Kate takes children back to apartment while Gerry goes to an hour-long tennis lesson.

6.30pm: Gerry asks David Payne, one of the so-called "tapas seven", to check on Kate and the children at the apartment.

7pm: Gerry returns to the apartment and the children are put to bed in the front bedroom overlooking the car park and beyond it, the street. Madeleine is placed in the single bed nearest the door. There is an empty bed against the opposite wall beneath the window. Between the two beds are two travel cots containing the twins.

7.30pm: The McCanns shower and change.

8pm: The couple share a bottle of wine together.

8.35pm: The McCanns are the first of the group to arrive at the tapas restaurant, 50 yards away from their apartment.

8.55pm: The group has ordered starters when the routine of checking on the children begins. Matt Oldfield goes to check his own apartment. He also tells the Paynes, who are still in their apartment, that the group is waiting for them at the restaurant.

9.05pm: Gerry returns to the apartment through the unlocked patio doors to check on the children. Earlier that week, the McCanns had used a key to go in through the front door next to the children's bedroom but, worrying the noise might wake the children, they began using the patio doors, leaving them unlocked.

He enters the apartment and sees that the children's bedroom door, which they always left slightly ajar, is now open to 45 degrees. Thinking this is odd, he glances into his own bedroom to see if Madeleine has gone into her parents' bed. But he sees that all three are still fast asleep where the McCanns left them. Putting the door back to five degrees, he went to the toilet and then returned to the restaurant. This is the last time he would see his daughter.

9.08pm: Gerry sees Jeremy Wilkins, another holidaymaker at the resort, on the opposite side of the road as he walks back to the tapas bar and crosses over to talk. Wilkins and his partner are eating in their apartment since their youngest child will not settle. The two men spend several minutes talking.

9.10pm: Jane Tanner walks up the road, unnoticed by Gerry and Wilkins, although she sees them. She spots a man walking quickly across the top of the road in front of her, going away from the apartment block and heading to the outer road of the resort complex. He is carrying a sleeping girl in pink pyjamas who is hanging limply in his arms. The sighting is odd, but hardly exceptional in a holiday resort. Her daughter is fine; Tanner returns to the table.

9.30pm: Kate gets up to make next check on her children but Matthew Oldfield and Russell O'Brien are checking, too. Oldfield offers to check the McCann's children.

In the McCanns' apartment, Oldfield notices the children's bedroom door is open again, but this means little to him. He merely observes all is quiet and makes a cursory glance inside the room seeing the twins in their cot, but not directly seeing Madeleine's bed from the angle at which he stood. Afterwards, he could not say for sure if she had been there or not. Nor could he say if the window and shutter had been open.

He would later get a hard time from the police because of this. During his interviews, he was aggressively accused of taking Madeleine, coming under suspicion because he had offered to take Kate's turn.

10.00pm: Kate checks on the children. She becomes alarmed when she reaches out to the children's bedroom door and it blows shut. Inside the room, the window is open and the shutter is up. The twins are sleeping but Madeleine's bed is empty.

Shortly after 10pm: Rachael Oldfield goes to Tanner's apartment to tell her Madeleine has been taken. Tanner says: "Oh my God. I saw a man carrying a girl."

Key to this is the 9.30 Odfield checking. If she was dead in the apartment or missing you would not have let a pal go.                                                                                                                      

If she was gone before and never made bed again why would you let a pal go check?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

That's their timeline, which is a load of bollocks and can't be trusted because there are no independent witnesses to verify any of it.