You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Its funny cos its true.

You know what's funny? I don't know a single thing about your opinion or your viewpoint on anything... yet you seem to know a whole heap about me. Here's a thought, might by a little complex for you, but it's a thought... try forming your own opinions about stuff instead of sniggering and reacting to stuff other people post you insignificant little man.

Not exactly The Joker are you.

I'm Powerman. Respect.

Just leave it Chris, your deleted thread pissed me off the other night and unfortunately your ironic avatar of the most annoying cunt in Hollywood staring at me keeps reminding me of it. I'll get over it.

All I know of you is you like wrestling and you find things funny I dont.

Thats all. I dont care what you think of me.

I'm Powerman. Respect.

Just leave it Chris, your deleted thread pissed me off the other night and unfortunately your ironic avatar of the most annoying cunt in Hollywood staring at me keeps reminding me of it. I'll get over it.

Thats all. I dont care what you think of me.

I don't think anything of you, you're utterly insignificant to me. Your snide remarks piss me off then, so pack it in, and then I will, as requested, 'leave it'

And don't bring Affleck into this either.

I don't think anything of you, you're utterly insignificant to me. Your snide remarks piss me off then, so pack it in, and then I will, as requested, 'leave it'

And don't bring Affleck into this either.

Were they really snide?? Come on you can take more than that.

Affleck left. For now.

I didnt think they were snide. But hey, we're all different.

And Affleck - i know its an ironic love-affair but fuck me he's the only person in the world I'd like to see suffer.

Affleck didn't leave his children alone in a hotel room. And he saved the world. And he's an Angel.

He also has a 'Save the cheerleader, save the world' t-shirt that he uses to pull chicks. Thought I'd help increase your knowledge.

Out of the entire thread I think the most sensible posts come on p4 :

#84 by RedBrian84 and #86 by Paul. Would agree with every word of those.

He also has a 'Save the cheerleader, save the world' t-shirt that he uses to pull chicks. Thought I'd help increase your knowledge.

Out of the entire thread I think the most sensible posts come on p4 :

#84 by RedBrian84 and #86 by Paul. Would agree with every word of those.

You can fuck off, and all.

When John Steinbeck wanted to help to create a public debate about the deprivation of The Great Depression and what to do about it in the face of the American Dream, he wrote two novels: The Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men. The former won him the Nobel Prize for Literature, but the latter is the one that really changed opinions and indirectly led to welfare reform. People can't conceive of suffering on the scale of thousands, never mind the millions in Darfur. Steinbeck knew that the way to make people care is to bring the situation to life for people; ie, write about a small handful of characters who can readily evoke empathy and compassion. Darfur is just too big for most people to get their heads round. Madeleine isn't.

Why can't they?

What bit about people dying and if you give them a few quid they won't is too hard to conceive? When you see little kids dying in news footage how can you not feel empathy for them? I thought I was meant to be the one who didn't think much of the general populace.

I repeat what I said before, one million pounds given to find one little girl is obscene given the need of others.

Why can't they?

What bit about people dying and if you give them a few quid they won't is too hard to conceive? When you see little kids dying in news footage how can you not feel empathy for them? I thought I was meant to be the one who didn't think much of the general populace.

I repeat what I said before, one million pounds given to find one little girl is obscene given the need of others.

I don't think you can put a pound sign before a single human life, Monty. It's impossible to quantify whether that is obscene or not. How is it possible to say that 'x' amount of people = 'y' amount of cash?

People are sheep. If the news media, outside of the Guardian and the Independent, reported this with as much sympathy and gusto as they have the McCann's case then the crisis in Dafur would be receiving similar donations.

Why can't they?

I'm not giving my own opinion; I'm answering your question. Try to imagine one million people. You can't, can you? In terms of the news, people just become desensitised to it all - it's a natural human response to despicable shit you're powerless to control.

Was being dismissive of Thants comment about how much he knows about you because he's been around so long he must know as much as the rest of us. As I say, obviously clear only to me.

Fair enough. 'Fuck Off' recinded to an 'eh?'

Was being dismissive of Thants comment about how much he knows about you because he's been around so long he must know as much as the rest of us. As I say, obviously clear only to me.

Clear to me too. Some people are chippy, cynical and rude and some aren't. Hence I understood your post.