You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Guest PaddyBerger15
Could someone please link the other thread to this one? I can't remember what it was called.

I've had a shufty to try and link it Paul, but can't find it either.

I was behind a car the other day with a sticker covering their entire rear window saying something along the lines of "Please return little Madeline safely."

Pissed me off that did. Do they think I have her? Or that there's even the minutest chance that they'll be driving in front of the person who took her? Even if they were, do they think the kidnapper would think "oh, these mongs in a Citroen estate have showed me the error of my ways. Hallelujah!"

• Upvote 1

Guest PaddyBerger15
The only thing about my first post I would change is the tone. It was too aggressive, but the crux of my argument remains the same. There is only one innocent party in this whole saga and that's the poor little girl. If I offended you, i apologise.

You are entitled to your point of view Chris, I don't have an issue with that, but the basic premise seemed to be that the disappearance of the girl and the suffering parents still being a news story was somehow impinging upon your viewing enjoyment. Quite obviously you are going to keep hearing about it until such times as there is a resolution one way or the other....which nobody can control.

Sadly I agree with the view that she is dead.

You could have said what you did say a whole lot better and thats what made my hackles rise....hence why I said, what the fuck would you prefer....a dead body so you can go back to your viewing enjoyment without suffering parents fucking it up for you?

You will never know what they are going through, hopefully none of us will ever be in that position.

Anyways, I've said what I wanted to say and I'm done with this thread....I still have ultimate sympathy with the parents whether they made the right or wrong decision, none of the people involved deserved this and could have expected it to happen.

Chris, I don't disagree with the actual content of your post but the scathing tone is a bit OTT don't you think? Yes, the parents were irresponsible and now they have to live with the consequences of their actions that night for the rest of their lives. Do I have sympathy for them? Fucking right I do. As irresponsible as they were, NOBODY deserves to face the worst case scenario that they are suffering now.

Chris, I don't disagree with the actual content of your post but the scathing tone is a bit OTT don't you think? Yes, the parents were irresponsible and now they have to live with the consequences of their actions that night for the rest of their lives. Do I have sympathy for them? Fucking right I do. As irresponsible as they were, NOBODY deserves to face the worst case scenario that they are suffering now.

I know. See post 23

You are entitled to your point of view Chris, I don't have an issue with that, but the basic premise seemed to be that the disappearance of the girl and the suffering parents still being a news story was somehow impinging upon your viewing enjoyment. Quite obviously you are going to keep hearing about it until such times as there is a resolution one way or the other....which nobody can control.

You could have said what you did say a whole lot better and thats what made my hackles rise....hence why I said, what the fuck would you prefer....a dead body so you can go back to your viewing enjoyment without suffering parents fucking it up for you?

You will never know what they are going through, hopefully none of us will ever be in that position.

Anyways, I've said what I wanted to say and I'm done with this thread....I still have ultimate sympathy with the parents whether they made the right or wrong decision, none of the people involved deserved this and could have expected it to happen.

It's not impinging on my viewing enjoyment. I'd prefer for the story to be reported differently and more fairly, instead of these portraying these people as saintly, loving parents.

I agree with Chris. The parents are to blame. Leaving a 3 year old all alone in a foreign land was positively idiotic. Not once have they shown any remorse for their irresponsible behaviour. I might be more sympathetic towards them if they (and their supporters) stopped making snide remarks about the Portuguese police and admit to their own foolish mistakes.

And what really gets my goat about this whole affair is this media campaign that's in our faces all the fucking time. Even all footballers were required to wear one of them stupid wrist bands yesterday. What's all that about? This is football ffs, take your family problems elsewhere, McCanns (blueshites).

How many parents have lost their kids through no fault of their own yet get absolutely no media support? Plenty. Yet these two have every news network and newspaper supporting them. What about the other poor souls who have their children kidnapped? Why don't they get the same support? Bollocks to the double standards.

I don't disagree necessarily, but why do you think that?

There was a British detective on CH4 news that claimed such high-profile campaigns muddy the waters and attract 'sympathy sightings.' Also said there's a danger the perpatrator can feel cornered and do something impulsive.

I suppose the police may end up having to follow their own clues and divert resources to those from the Maddy campaign.

As a general rule, don't they normally claim that after 4 days it's highly likely the missing person will not be found alive.

I agree with Chris. The parents are to blame. Leaving a 3 year old all alone in a foreign land was positively idiotic. Not once have they shown any remorse for their irresponsible behaviour. I might be more sympathetic towards them if they (and their supporters) stopped making snide remarks about the Portuguese police and admit to their own foolish mistakes.

And what really gets my goat about this whole affair is this media campaign that's in our faces all the fucking time. Even all footballers were required to wear one of them stupid wrist bands yesterday. What's all that about? This is football ffs, take your family problems elsewhere, McCanns (blueshites).

How many parents have lost their kids through no fault of their own yet get absolutely no media support? Plenty. Yet these two have every news network and newspaper supporting them. What about the other poor souls who have their children kidnapped? Why don't they get the same support? Bollocks to the double standards.

Right. We don't have child abductors in the UK.

As for the media campaign - the more people keep the image of that child in their mind, the greater the chance that someone might recognise her (if she's still alive). The bottom line is - what would you do if your child had been abducted? Would you keep up a media campaign that is the only tiny chance your child has of being found alive by a member of the public? Or would you decide that people need to move on to weightier issues, like the new series of Strictly Come Dancing (or whatever load of old toss the papers would otherwise be full of).

Finally, if your child had been abducted and you learned that someone on an Everton forum had decided to badmouth you for being a "redshite" - would you or would you not think that person was a complete cunt?

Or would you decide that people need to move on to weightier issues, like the new series of Strictly Come Dancing (or whatever load of old toss the papers would otherwise be full of).

I would personally hope that the papers might actually start to publicise the crisis in Darfur. What a shame footballers can't wear t-shirts and wristbands to publicise the disaster there instead.

Tania Nyota - 12

Emma Browne - 13

Darren Hulla - 12

Shona Green - 15

Sam Osbourne - 15

Harmony Burns - 14

Minh Nguyen - 11 months

Small selection of children that have gone missing since Madeline McCann yet you here very little if anything about them.

Because, I assume, their daddy's weren't rich heart surgeons with the resources to mount a massive search campaign and, because of that social standing, garner the support and sympathy of the entire British media.

Tell you one thing, If anyone close to me needed a heart operation, I wouldn't want that prick doing it.

Right. We don't have child abductors in the UK.

As for the media campaign - the more people keep the image of that child in their mind, the greater the chance that someone might recognise her (if she's still alive). The bottom line is - what would you do if your child had been abducted? Would you keep up a media campaign that is the only tiny chance your child has of being found alive by a member of the public? Or would you decide that people need to move on to weightier issues, like the new series of Strictly Come Dancing (or whatever load of old toss the papers would otherwise be full of).

Finally, if your child had been abducted and you learned that someone on an Everton forum had decided to badmouth you for being a "redshite" - would you or would you not think that person was a complete cunt?

I am a complete cunt, so you're last point is rendered slightly moot. There are all kinds of fucked up things going on everywhere, yet footballers never show support for them. Hell, Robbie Fowler got in trouble for showing support for local workers during a game, so why this big show of solidarity for the "100day anniversiry" of Maddy's disappearance?

And I'm not blaming the McCanns for this mass media coverage of their missing kid, as you say most parents would want something similar - I blame the actual media for it all. Kids go missing all the time and you hear nothing about it, yet all of a sudden every hack from trashy tabloids to respected broadsheets are jumping onboard the Maddy bandwagon. Few other families would get this sort of support, and I think we all know that because the parents in question are a nice, middle class white couple who both happen to be doctors is why they are getting so much coverage. If people of a lesser social standing were in the same situation, would they get all this national and international outpouring of support and sympathy? Would they fuck.

you make some valid points but all those are ruined by your mccanns being blueshites comment ,that comment make you look small minded

Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in someone's life. Hope implies a certain amount of perseverance — for example, believing that a positive outcome is possible even when there is some evidence to the contrary.

That's the only thing their clinging to at the moment, but they need to prepare themselves that their daughter may not still be alive. It does my head in that they are getting this much coverage on the TV due to their own ignorance, carelessness and stupidity. I see Chris's point about they should be put in jail for the negligent crime they have committed. But jail is a place where criminals go to be corrected and to see the error of their ways (well we hope they do). How will the parents see the error of there ways in jail? When their little baby daughter has been taken away and (possibly) murdered? I think thats a big enough punishment.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Is there anyone in the country who still actually feels any sympathy for these negligent snobby twats? I mean I'm sorry that their irresponsible, terrible parenting has resulted in the loss/possible murder of their little girl, but they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I'm sick of seeing them on television and in the newspapers. I'm sick of people campaigning for money so these rich negligent cunts can continue scouring Europe to ease their considerable guilt. I'm sick of that tart carrying around that fucking teddy bear everywhere she goes to try and garner sympathy when she should be in a jail cell.

It's about time the police charged these people with criminal negligence, and if the poor little lass is found dead are their grounds to charge them with her manslaughter? It's been said before that if two parents from a council estate in Kenny had gone to the pub for a pint and this had happened you just know that social services and the CPS would have come down on them like a shot. The elite protecting the elite and it makes me sick.

If she is alive, I would suspect she's being better looked after by more loving, attentive people than her birth parents anyway, so fuck 'em. The poor girl probably doesn't know any different anyway; she probably hardly knew her parents anyway.

Agree with you totally fella

And admire your balls for being honest, knowing you'd probably get slaughtered

It's a tricky subject to talk about without sounding insensitive but it kinda grates on me that yes, these people have been negligent with their child and yet there is a wave of sympathy for them as if they had their child snatched right out of their hands- they were badly irresponsible for leaving them alone.

Of course I would love to see the poor little girl back in their parents care alive and well, but they should be facing some sort of enquiry at the very least for leaving her in the first place.