You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Because they all said they were together eating a meal at the time. If one of them had disappeared for the length of time it took to hide a body it’d have been noticed. I’d hope that the police had searched all toddler sized holes within a couple of mins of the apartment. They’ve had 13 years. 

plus, as well as the police you've has private detectives, newspapers, tv shows all searching for what would be one of the biggest scoops in the last 20 years.  Nothing.  

@Mook @metpolice @theindependent 

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

You talk like there's never been an unsolved murder or lost child. This crime was mismanaged by the police from the outset. They didn't even preserve the crime scene. The simple truth as I posted earlier, unless they find the body or someone confesses, we will never know who did it, because pretty much any case will be circumstantial otherwise. The McCann's are as likely suspects as anyone else. It doesn't need a conspiracy to hold, it just needed one or the both of them to hold their nerve. We can't even be sure whatever happened didn't happen at during the meal and the statements from the tapas crowd were inconsistent. Literally anything could and did happen. 

I’m talking about this one. There is no window of opportunity for this to have happened how you’ve described.  Our resident lawyer, who has read the released reports, has concluded that they’d all need to be in on it.  

The Portuguese police and our police have ruled them out.  

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m talking about this one. There is no window of opportunity for this to have happened how you’ve described.  Our resident lawyer, who has read the released reports, has concluded that they’d all need to be in on it.  

The Portuguese police and our police have ruled them out.  

Did the Portuguese police rule them out or did they just take them off that suspects list because the time expired on it?

17 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Did the Portuguese police rule them out or did they just take them off that suspects list because the time expired on it?

There was no evidence so he case was closed.  This is exactly the thing that annoys me.  You are asking for evidence they didn’t do it.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There was no evidence so he case was closed.  This is exactly the thing that annoys me.  You are asking for evidence they didn’t do it.  

Until the body of the poor girl is found then surely it's common for everybody to remain as suspects,this way no evidence is not followed up? Some say the parents are not covering up her murder but a tragic accident,again wouldn't it be natural to keep this as an option alongside paedophiles too? I don't know enough about the case but surely all avenues have to be kept open? 

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Until the body of the poor girl is found then surely it's common for everybody to remain as suspects,this way no evidence is not followed up? Some say the parents are not covering up her murder but a tragic accident,again wouldn't it be natural to keep this as an option alongside paedophiles too? I don't know enough about the case but surely all avenues have to be kept open? 

No, not at all.  If there’s no evidence why keep it open?  Just because they aren’t viewed as suspects now it doesn’t give them protection should any appear in the future.  

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, not at all.  If there’s no evidence why keep it open?  Just because they aren’t viewed as suspects now it doesn’t give them protection should any appear in the future.  

Yeah,fair enough. The only thing that will help solve the case is the kid's body and without more evidence that becomes more and more unlikely the longer things stay as they are. Even finding a buried body now could yield few clues.

On 17/06/2020 at 16:15, Jose Jones said:

"Brought it on themselves" does seem a bit harsh, I agree. 

But from the Evelyn viewpoint, he's right that it is the nature of the responses that does help create the media shitstorm.  Same with old Foxy Knoxy as well.  Some people are a bit weird or cold fish and the shock of situation makes them act even more "abnormally".  The reaction creates the air of mystery about the events and circumstances that gets the interest juices flowing.  People love a puzzle.

Add in some police mishandling of the investigation, and you've got yourself a blockbuster.

Malcolm Gladwell’s latest book looks into this awkwardness as assumed guilt, deals with Knox, very good read.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

This is my entire point of the whole thing. The police fucked the investigation up from the outset by failing to preserve the crime scene. Everything from then is tainted and highly unlikely to yield a conviction of anyone, the McCann's included. So without an actual perpetrator of the crime being found guilty or finding the child dead or alive, the McCann's are as likely as anyone to have committed it. It doesn't mean they did do it, but neither does it mean they didn't. 

56 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

This is my entire point of the whole thing. The police fucked the investigation up from the outset by failing to preserve the crime scene. Everything from then is tainted and highly unlikely to yield a conviction of anyone, the McCann's included. So without an actual perpetrator of the crime being found guilty or finding the child dead or alive, the McCann's are as likely as anyone to have committed it. It doesn't mean they did do it, but neither does it mean they didn't. 

That logic is complete bollocks.  I’ve shown you the timeline, he’d have had to react immediately to finding her dead, formulate a plan and then be the Flash to execute it. All whilst leaving no clues or being seen. Then return to table and be completely normal.  Or they are all involved in colluding to lie on the timeline.  Neither scenario is convincing. Your statement ‘they are as likely as anyone’ to commit it just isn’t true.  

• Upvote 1

I've never got on board with this conspiracy that supposedly involved all the tapas mob. Just to many people involved for at least one of them not to have let slip.

I also wouldn't rule out the died by accident in the apartment theory but I give more credence to the theory that they were being watched and the abductor/s knew when to strike. I read a theory last week that someone who worked at the bar tipped off the abductor while the McCann's were at the the tapas bar.

I've heard lots made of this 'they were only 100 yards or so away from the apartment' way of defense. I was reading an article on the BBC at the start of the week in which they had this picture.

_112712013_madeleine_mccann_map_3x_640-n

While they may well have only been 100 yards or so away from the apartment, and they may well have been able to see the apartment block, there's now way they could have seen the actual room and window from which she was taken, as it's on the opposite side of the apartment block. There's even car parking space right outside the window she was allegedly taken from.

1837769.main_image.jpg?strip=all

Not sure if this link will work but it's a google street view and gives a better view of the car park and window.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.0888643,-8.7309564,3a,90y,158.68h,92.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVrTxY0CBZdhinOXOvm5pew!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Looks like the ideal location for someone to take her from her room unnoticed, put her in a vehicle and drive her away. 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

he’d have had to react immediately to finding her dead, formulate a plan and then be the Flash to execute it

Why couldn't he do that? He's a fucking surgeon, his job is to react and think quickly in crisis situations. "He couldn't have killed her, he'd have to be good under pressure, rule him out". 

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

That was a planned ‘kidnap’ and criminal conspiracy. This is a load of people on holiday that go from having a meal to covering up for the death of a child in the blink of an eye. Everyone agrees immediately, everyone keeps quiet for 13 years and they hide the child so well that the police forces of at least 2 countries can find no evidence of her. It’s just completely implausible. 

We’ve admitted over the years to being a group of degenerate reprobates. Do you think anyone here would spontaneously agree to covering up the death of a child and keep it quiet for 13 years?  Fuckers on here flounce because of the most minimal perceived slight by complete strangers.  You are asking me to believe these lot have never flinched under this enormous pressure. Bollocks.  

And the idea it’s throwing money away because other missing victims don’t get the same treatment. Sour grapes and jealousy. 

Relax. Just a little horseplay on my part...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Why couldn't he do that? He's a fucking surgeon, his job is to react and think quickly in crisis situations. "He couldn't have killed her, he'd have to be good under pressure, rule him out". 

He’s had hundreds of hours of training to be a surgeon, he’s had to qualify at every stage and then be mentored and shadowed until he reached the required level of competence. But you’re right, that is exactly the training needed to spontaneously cover up the death of his child, hide her body well enough never to have been discovered and maintain the lie for 13 years.  

This kind of logic baffles the fuck out of me.  We’ve got incredibly talented footballers who’ve played the game all their lives who can’t transfer their skills to management but I’m expected to believe being a surgeon is ideal training for a master criminal. Madness. 

On 17/06/2020 at 13:41, Rico1304 said:

So they were at least involved in a cover-up of her death and since then they’ve spent 13 years managing a media campaign to put them in a good light, lobbying for the investigation to continue all whilst hoping they wouldn’t be found out?  Seems perfectly logical.  

And, that no one involved has ever cracked, got pissed and let it slip, found god or any of the million reasons why no fucker can ever keep a secret. Ever. 

Exactly , its all bollocks  she was snatched - plain and simple . 

And horrific .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gaul said:

8 hours ago, The Gaul said:

So people are just latching on t the possibility that they may be guilty because no killer has been convicted ? 

Why ? Why are people salivating at the prospect of the parents being the killers?

• Upvote 1