You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

27 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I haven't been following this closely. But is there any reason to suppose this creepy German fucker did it apart from the fact that he's a creepy German fucker who was in the area at the time?

This is some Serpico shit. If I was looking for a missing kid and found out there was a paedo in the area living in a mini van back in the day, and even better, was already in the clink, I'd chalk that up to a damn fine day at the office.

tumblr_mryf93HkmA1qg1qx9o1_250.gifv

• Upvote 1

To be fair, I think you could apply this argument over many, many threads and topics. Posting on the here, for some, suspends rational thinking and compassion and elevates their self perceived status. 

It just gets uncomfortable when the line blurs and basic decency goes out the window.

It no different here to any other internet forum, other than we are all Liverpool fans, which as a foundation, makes us a decent enough bunch in principle  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Firstly, nope, the posts weren't aimed at you. There are tons of people making snidey comments, not just normal discussion.  I genuinely don't remember specifically your comments. I already know you're a bit of a cunt so I would have let it slide.

Secondly, I knew someone would, quite quickly, say they were uncomfortable with Hillsborough or Heysel being brought up. Good. Imagine how the McCanns feel? I find a lot of the comments based around an assumption of guilt with little to go on other than: 

They don't like their personality; 

They don't like that they're middle class ("a working class person would be called a murderer!" As said by person calling the McCanns murderers); 

The guilty until innocent vibe; 

The whole trial by Facebook/internet forum.

The don't look sad enough;

This is EXACTLY like the shite we've put up with for years from clueless bellends who'd just rather believe one thing and will never change their minds so instead shout the loudest.  The know for a fact that Liverpool fans killed their own fans.  They now know for a fact that the McCanns did it, and here how....! 

So I think, due to our lived experiences as Liverpool fans, the comparison with regards to guilt with no evidence is a similarity we are used to.

So you think a working class family wouldn't have got fucking slaughtered for fucking off to get pissed with their mates leaving 3 kids 3 and under alone? 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The last paragraph was pretty much what I was expecting, but thought it best somebody at least try to challenge you on it.

Anyway, back to work.

I take you have been vocal about them being guilty?  I genuinely have no issue with that.  It might turn out they are. 

It's the cunts who state 100% that they are guilty while using Alex Jones type websites as their proof and dismissing any other possible evidence or talk of other suspects with "they would say that" type nonsense that I think are cunts and shout that from the rooftops that I dislike.

I've no idea of your view, but you may have used factual things from police reports to come to a reasoned finding where you say that on balance you think because of A, B, C and D you think they have a case to answer and may have done it. That's cool, and interesting too.  And most importantly, reasoned.  But if you're one of the ones just screaming "But they MUST have done it because they're shit parents" then I think those people are cunts.  And after having it happen to us for decades I think it's a shame they didn't learn from that.

28 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

So you think a working class family wouldn't have got fucking slaughtered for fucking off to get pissed with their mates leaving 3 kids 3 and under alone? 

I do. But I think the McCanns have been absolutely fucking slaughtered too. This thread along testifies to that. That's why I find it a daft comment for people to make.  The McCanns have been absolutely vilified for years now. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I do. But I think the McCanns have been absolutely fucking slaughtered too. This thread along testifies to that. That's why I find it a daft comment for people to make.  The McCanns have been absolutely vilified for years now. 

I don't think the McCann's were slaughtered in the media, quite the opposite and have been treated by the government in a way working classes could only dream of. Quite rightly people see through that shit and air their views in places like this.

I find it strange you're upset the mean spirits of people on a forum, when the point of the discussion is a poor kid nobody has any idea what happened to her due to neglect of her parents and it would seem pretty inadequate policing. The problem in this crime seems to me fairly and squarely with the child's parents, police and any possible unknown culprit and not with people on a forum who are rightly disgruntled with the easy ride given to the parents because they're doctors rather than cleaners or supermarket workers or something. Covid aside, I get fined if I don't send my kids to school for a day, but it's alright to fuck off and get pissed and leave their kids alone? 

2 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I don't think the McCann's were slaughtered in the media, quite the opposite and have been treated by the government in a way working classes could only dream of. Quite rightly people see through that shit and air their views in places like this.

I find it strange you're upset the mean spirits of people on a forum, when the point of the discussion is a poor kid nobody has any idea what happened to her due to neglect of her parents and it would seem pretty inadequate policing. The problem in this crime seems to me fairly and squarely with the child's parents, police and any possible unknown culprit and not with people on a forum who are rightly disgruntled with the easy ride given to the parents because they're doctors rather than cleaners or supermarket workers or something. Covid aside, I get fined if I don't send my kids to school for a day, but it's alright to fuck off and get pissed and leave their kids alone? 

Your first paragraph I completely disagree with. I think when any kid has gone missing, the headlines have been about finding the kid. Even that awful woman who hid her daughter under her brothers bed got immediate positive headlines. I googled Shannon Matthews and it’s all the S*n headlines so I’m not going to post them. But all positive. 

Next, and the bit I’ve highlighted. Nobody has any idea where the kid is because some evil fucker has taken her and probably murdered her.  Yes, the parents played a part in leaving her by herself. But without Mr Murdering probably paedo, the kid is fine. You’re victim blaming. 

If you find it strange that I’m “upset at the mean spirit of people on a forum” then fine. It’s just empathy. It’ll happen again when I see people acting like cunts. 

Finally, you’ve based your whole narrative around the idea they are getting an easy ride. I absolutely disagree with that. So I disagree with your post. 

They left her alone which contributed in a huge way to what happened, cannot be denied. Wether they have been vilified too much or not enough is for each individual to decide. The whole thing is terrifying for any parent, so don’t leave you toddler and babies alone. Not fucking rocket science.

I take you have been vocal about them being guilty?  I genuinely have no issue with that.  It might turn out they are. 

It's the cunts who state 100% that they are guilty while using Alex Jones type websites as their proof and dismissing any other possible evidence or talk of other suspects with "they would say that" type nonsense that I think are cunts and shout that from the rooftops that I dislike.

I've no idea of your view, but you may have used factual things from police reports to come to a reasoned finding where you say that on balance you think because of A, B, C and D you think they have a case to answer and may have done it. That's cool, and interesting too.  And most importantly, reasoned.  But if you're one of the ones just screaming "But they MUST have done it because they're shit parents" then I think those people are cunts.  And after having it happen to us for decades I think it's a shame they didn't learn from that.

I again admit to not reading most of the thread, but has there actually been people doing that?

Even TK, who Rico thinks is the absolute worst (and to be fair maybe a little obsessed), didn’t think they killed her, but thought the cadaver dogs, etc, thought it showed she had died in the apartment. 

24 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They left her alone which contributed in a huge way to what happened, cannot be denied. Wether they have been vilified too much or not enough is for each individual to decide. The whole thing is terrifying for any parent, so don’t leave you toddler and babies alone. Not fucking rocket science.

I think we'd probably all be surprised how many parents have left kids alone to do something at some point. And if some murderous paedophile is watching and looking for a chance to grab a kid, they'll probably get them at some point.  Now having said that, what they did was absolutely wrong by any measurement.  But the punishment does not fit the crime.  And without said child abductor, the crime simply doesn't happen. That is the person everyone needs to be fixated with.  

• Upvote 1

Apologies for the delay in replying but work intervened.

I have said what I think about the case a long time ago, but possibly not on this thread as there have been several. As you may not have read it I'll quickly say that I think Madeline died accidentally in the apartment after she'd been left alone, and that the McCann's and the others present acted to cover that up, both in terms of what happened on the evening and the rather aggressive PR campaign since.

I reached that conclusion based on reading the case file which the Portuguese police have previously made available on the internet.  I do not, and have never subscribed to any theory that they murdered her or killed her, or they are part of some paedophile ring or any such nonsense.

As for their culpability for leaving her, well they have worked very hard to control the narrative from day one and their PR operation has been very good at shutting down criticism that I do think most other families would have faced.

However, other than setting out the above I've never been particularly vocal about that. If I can be accused of being vocal, on this thread, its my criticism of the continued funding of a specific group of officers to investigate the case. By all means continue to investigate it as part of a cold case unit or missing persons unit, but to dedicate a team of officers doesn't sit well with me unless all missing children cases get the same treatment.

It seems to me that every few years we get a flurry of excitement and are told about a new suspect (wasn't it some burglar a couple of years ago?) or witness, only for it all to die away. Now we have a suspect who is hardly new as he's been on the suspect list for at least a year, and we still don't seem any further on. For all the furore over the recent media reports, it now transpires that the German police have not written to the McCann's stating she is dead. I'm also a bit cynical that it tends to be around the time further funding is required. So yes, I've been vocal about that.

• Upvote 2

So they were at least involved in a cover-up of her death and since then they’ve spent 13 years managing a media campaign to put them in a good light, lobbying for the investigation to continue all whilst hoping they wouldn’t be found out?  Seems perfectly logical.  

And, that no one involved has ever cracked, got pissed and let it slip, found god or any of the million reasons why no fucker can ever keep a secret. Ever. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

So they were at least involved in a cover-up of her death and since then they’ve spent 13 years managing a media campaign to put them in a good light, lobbying for the investigation to continue all whilst hoping they wouldn’t be found out?  Seems perfectly logical.  

And, that no one involved has ever cracked, got pissed and let it slip, found god or any of the million reasons why no fucker can ever keep a secret. Ever. 

They're chillingly manipulative and clever, aren't they?