You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I'm not sure the two things go together, wasn't their statement in response to the UK police reporting that they had this lead, not what the German police said? Besides which, everything will be filtered through spokespeople even before the press get to report it, so it'd hardly be representative of how they're feeling right now. Don't get me wrong, they're cold fish, and some of their previous behaviour has been downright odd, but who knows how people react in this situation.

And they've known about this for months. It's not like they found out at the same time as us with a news alert dropping on their phone this morning. This guy has been a suspect for ages, maybe a couple of years. It would seem to me they can't prove anything, so their last roll of the dice is to chuck it out there in the hope of magically forgot watching a bloke kidnap the kid 13 years ago. As someone else mentioned it would be interesting to know when they're due a new funding round. 

44 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

And they've known about this for months. It's not like they found out at the same time as us with a news alert dropping on their phone this morning.

And yet here they are just a couple of weeks ago, hopeful that Madeleine is still alive.  Now she's assumed dead and they casually say it's "potentially significant".

https://extra.ie/2020/05/20/must-see/madeline-mccann-parents-chinese-boy-found

Madeline McCann’s parents said they are hopeful of being reunited with their daughter following news a missing Chinese boy was found after 32 years.

Kate and Gerry have now said that Mao Yin’s case brings them fresh hope.

A spokesperson for the couple told the Daily Star: ‘Rare as this very happy event is, wherever a reunion like this happens, of course it gives Kate and Gerry hope that they too will one day be similarly reunited with Madeleine.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

And yet here they are just a couple of weeks ago, hopeful that Madeleine is still alive.  Now she's assumed dead and they appear to be okay with it. 

Madeline McCann’s parents said they are hopeful of being reunited with their daughter following news a missing Chinese boy was found after 32 years.

A spokesperson for the couple told the Daily Star: ‘Rare as this very happy event is, wherever a reunion like this happens, of course it gives Kate and Gerry hope that they too will one day be similarly reunited with Madeleine.

It’s fucking astounding.  You are one weird mother fucker.  The sooner you get back to one of your many jobs the better.

McCanns: It’s terrible but we must accept shes dead 

Ghouls: Why, there’s loads of examples of kids being found, sounds like they know

something. Always knew they were guilty

McCanns: We live in hope that we’ll find her one day

Ghouls: They are just prolonging it to get more money. Always knew they were guilty. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TK421 said:

And yet here they are just a couple of weeks ago, hopeful that Madeleine is still alive.  Now she's assumed dead and they casually say it's "potentially significant".

So 2 big stories in a few weeks. All the more reason it looks like they're after more funding. They've spent years knowing exactly how to play the media to keep the case open and not left to go cold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So 2 big stories in a few weeks. All the more reason it looks like they're after more funding. They've spent years knowing exactly how to play the media to keep the case open and not left to go cold. 

They actually got more funding quite recently, in April I think.  It lasts six months and then the met police have to apply again for more, but it always gets granted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8161527/Detectives-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-set-given-money-11m-search-missing-girl.html

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Wouldn't you if it was your child? Why is that a bad thing?

• Like 1

Hopefully they’ll at least get some closure. Given the guilt they have to live with, as result of the circumstances around her disappearance, this possibility, if it turns out to be true, is probably up there with their worst nightmares. As a parent myself, I know it would have been one of mine. 

25 minutes ago, redheart said:

Wouldn't you if it was your child? Why is that a bad thing?

I'm not saying it's a good thing or bad thing. I'm just saying you can't expect any particular emotional reaction from the McCann's with these news stories as they're very likely to have heard them some time before we did and just as likely have a hand in placing them in the public eye. They probably realise that with the government cuts that will inevitably follow covid, the next will be their toughest round of funding yet. 

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Hopefully they’ll at least get some closure. Given the guilt they have to live with, as result of the circumstances around her disappearance, this possibility, if it turns out to be true, is probably up there with their worst nightmares. As a parent myself, I know it would have been one of mine. 

As a parent, I can't quite believe they left 3 kids aged 3 and under alone. If they feel guilt, fuck them. If they'd had been parents off a council estate, they'd have got destroyed by the media 13 years ago as the bad parents they are and we'd have never heard about them and their daughter since.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1