You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

"What's that, Skip?  Little Johnny's fallen down the well?  Again??!?  What a stupid cunt.  Let him rot this time"

One of my mates is out in Oz, he went for a run yesterday and got knocked over by a kangaroo. He’s already got a new nickname.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think the possibility of both dogs giving a false alert is highly remote.  The dogs go in separately, so the blood one will go in first and then the cadaver dog or vice versa.   Both dogs gave alerts in the same location (behind the sofa) independently of each other.  The possibility of that happening by mistake is very low. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/how-sniffer-dogs-signalled-scent-14141404

OK, so even if it is reliable - there's no indication that it was either Maddie or that if she had been dead the McCann's killed her. I am not dismissing it, I just feel there needs to be more evidence than I have seen. It's almost like these are the small clues which could lead you to find the bigger clue. But nobody ever got to the bigger clue. (just realised how bad it can be with the b and the n being next to each other on the keyboard!). 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

OK, so even if it is reliable - there's no indication that it was either Maddie or that if she had been dead the McCann's killed her. I am not dismissing it, I just feel there needs to be more evidence than I have seen. It's almost like these are the small clues which could lead you to find the bigger clue. But nobody ever got to the bigger clue. (just realised how bad it can be with the b and the n being next to each other on the keyboard!). 

That's where the DNA comes into it but there's a lot of controversy surrounding that.  The Portuguese police agreed that the DNA could be sent to the UK for testing.  This was done to show a strong signal of unity between the UK and Portuguese police.  Goncalo Amaral now says he regrets this decision and that the DNA should have been tested in Portugal, where they had DNA labs and expertise on a par with the British.  That makes sense, if you think about it.  If the situation was reversed and a Portoguese girl went missing in England, then traces of blood and other DNA samples were found then you wouldn't reasonably expect those samples to be sent to Portugal.  

It's also some coincidence, isn't it?   A girl goes missing and then two expert dogs, world leaders in their skills, give alerts for a corpse and blood.  

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

That's where the DNA comes into it but there's a lot of controversy surrounding that.  The Portuguese police agreed that the DNA could be sent to the UK for testing.  This was done to show a strong signal of unity between the UK and Portuguese police.  Goncalo Amaral now says he regrets this decision and that the DNA should have been tested in Portugal, where they had DNA labs and expertise on a par with the British.  That makes sense, if you think about it.  If the situation was reversed and a Portoguese girl went missing in England, then traces of blood and other DNA samples were found then you wouldn't reasonably expect those samples to be sent to Portugal.  

It's also some coincidence, isn't it?   A girl goes missing and then two expert dogs, world leaders in their skills, give alerts for a corpse and blood.  

but would the DNA labs in the UK be motivated to give anything but a valid report? i agree it's weird, but the case was weird from the outset. 

let's suppose the dogs are right. that doesn't mean the mccann's killed maddie does it? it could just as easily been an intruder. or one of the mccann's mates who were supposed to be checking on the kids. or robert murat. it could be anything, it doesn't mean it pointed to the mccann's killing her. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

but would the DNA labs in the UK be motivated to give anything but a valid report? i agree it's weird, but the case was weird from the outset. 

let's suppose the dogs are right. that doesn't mean the mccann's killed maddie does it? it could just as easily been an intruder. or one of the mccann's mates who were supposed to be checking on the kids. or robert murat. it could be anything, it doesn't mean it pointed to the mccann's killing her. 

It doesn't mean that they killed her, of course not, and I don't think they did.  I think she died by accident and agree with the Portuguese police who asserted that the parents were involved in the concealment of her corpse.  If she's dead then it blows their whole story apart about checking every 30 minutes, because supposedly it takes 90 minutes or thereabouts for the cadaver odour to take effect and reach levels detectable by the sniffer dog. 

The real mystery, in my opinion, is not whether she's alive or dead but rather how she died and when she died. 

8 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

‘Ok, take out the patronising bits. I’m really interested to see your reply.

Do you really think, that with this 'mountain of evidence' you speak off that they'd still be free? The British police have seen all this evidence and are confident that they aren’t suspects. Why is that?

To answer your question, the reason the British police haven't pursued the McCanns is because they have taken their side and believe the abduction theory.  The British police operation is a sham because the McCanns and the Tapas 7 haven't been questioned.  The reason they haven't got any new leads after spending £12m is because they are looking at the wrong evidence.  They should be questioning the McCanns and their friends, doing a reconstruction, etc. 

The Portuguese police were on the right track but were stymied by outside influences and the case was shelved. 

31 minutes ago, TK421 said:

To answer your question, the reason the British police haven't pursued the McCanns is because they have taken their side and believe the abduction theory.  The British police operation is a sham because the McCanns and the Tapas 7 haven't been questioned.  The reason they haven't got any new leads after spending £12m is because they are looking at the wrong evidence.  They should be questioning the McCanns and their friends, doing a reconstruction, etc. 

The Portuguese police were on the right track but were stymied by outside influences and the case was shelved. 

This is a ‘solictor’.  Fuck me. 

I can: A ‘solicitor’ is telling people that eye witness evidence should be reliable and that those directly involved in a crime have some kind of hormonal response that gives them perfect recall. 

Its almost like he’s never studied the law.  

And he cant bowl. For shit. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I can: A ‘solicitor’ is telling people that eye witness evidence should be reliable and that those directly involved in a crime have some kind of hormonal response that gives them perfect recall. 

Its almost like he’s never studied the law.  

And he cant bowl. For shit. 

Christ

That’s one hell of a hard on for TK421 you have, Rico.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t like him.  He can always sue me. 

Really? Consider me shocked.

You’re behaving on this thread like that really annoying kid during a disagreement in a school playground that just mostly butts in with insults from a safe distance, without offering much else.

11 minutes ago, Juniper said:

You’re behaving on this thread like that really annoying kid during a disagreement in a school playground that just mostly butts in with insults from a safe distance, without offering much else.

Oh well, I’m sure I’ll get over it.  

Unless you start challenging his complete bollocks too.  Like the shite about witness evidence, there’s a starter for ten.  Run with that one. 

13 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Safe distance- not sure what that means either. 

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh well, I’m sure I’ll get over it.  

Unless you start challenging his complete bollocks too.  Like the shite about witness evidence, there’s a starter for ten.  Run with that one. 

Nah, cause I simply don’t have an unhealthy interest in either side of the argument to feel passionate about it. It’s as simple as that. 

My point is you’re littering this thread in recent times with just one or two liner insults calling him all sorts of nonsense.

Credit to TK421 he doesn’t seem to have taken the bait. 

2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Nah, cause I simply don’t have an unhealthy interest in either side of the argument to feel passionate about it. It’s as simple as that. 

My point is you’re littering this thread in recent times with just one or two liner insults calling him all sorts of nonsense.

Credit to TK421 he doesn’t seem to have taken the bait. 

Are you aware of the ignore function? Although he always has a peek. 

He’s talking absolute bollocks. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Are you aware of the ignore function? Although he always has a peek. 

He’s talking absolute bollocks. 

Oh yeah I really am, I had you on ignore for a couple years until recent weeks.

Thanks for reminding me actually. 

• Upvote 2