You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

One odd thing that stands out for me was the reaction to the dogs signals. If I was innocent and the dogs signalled in the apartment, I’d be worried that she’s been killed by the abductor in the room, whereas they’ve tried to rubbish the findings from the off. 

And before Rico starts going on about coconut shells, you should read up on the dogs, they’re very impressive.

11 minutes ago, Plev said:

One odd thing that stands out for me was the reaction to the dogs signals. If I was innocent and the dogs signalled in the apartment, I’d be worried that she’s been killed by the abductor in the room, whereas they’ve tried to rubbish the findings from the off. 

And before Rico starts going on about coconut shells, you should read up on the dogs, they’re very impressive.

Everything about the way they react indicates they have processed the fact that she's already dead.  That's why they could get to sleep six hours after reporting her missing.  They'd long got used to the fact that she was dead by then. 

6 minutes ago, Plev said:

... the dogs, they’re very impressive.

I read that there was a case cited (possibly by Gerry) where the sniffer dogs had given a false positive. It was used to discredit the dog evidence in this case.

A few years later and forensic/DNA testing improved. They retested some evidence in that case and it turned out the dogs had been right.

6 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I read that there was a case cited (possibly by Gerry) where the sniffer dogs had given a false positive. It was used to discredit the dog evidence in this case.

A few years later and forensic/DNA testing improved. They retested some evidence in that case and it turned out the dogs had been right.

Not sure if it was the same one, but there was one where the dogs had alerted at different properties that the guy had lived in so they thought it couldn’t possibly be right. When the guy confessed he admitted he’d moved the body around with him. I’m sure there’s lots of cases were the dogs have been right. It’s the one part of this case that convinces me that they know what happened to her.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I think she died earlier in the week and the McCanns hid the body.  I think she probably died by accident, from a fall or something similar.  This would explain the blood and cadaver odour alerts from the dogs.  I believe that sedatives were probably involved.  The fact that there are no photos of her alive after Sunday 29th April makes me think she probably died on that day, or shortly thereafter.  This would give the McCanns plenty of time to sterilise the apartment, wash Maddie's pyjamas/other clothes and formulate their abduction hoax.

She would have been signed in and out of the creche maybe 9 or 12 times between the 29th and May 3rd. I think if I was minding the most famous missing child in the world I would be able to tell with a degree of certainty if she showed up for creche on the day she went missing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I've said it loads of times before. If this was a low income family from a council estate on holiday in benidorm, they'd have lost their other 2 kids too as soon as they got home. It's hard to know if the McCann's literally got off with murder, but they have certainly got away with child negligence because they're a couple of middle class doctors. 

Do you reckon all the families they were there with who did the same should have their kids taken off them too?

23 minutes ago, No2 said:

She would have been signed in and out of the creche maybe 9 or 12 times between the 29th and May 3rd. I think if I was minding the most famous missing child in the world I would be able to tell with a degree of certainty if she showed up for creche on the day she went missing. 

So would I, I agree.  The problem is that Baker can't say anything with a degree of certainty ("I don't know", "I can't remember").  And what she does say conflicts with Gerry and Kate's accounts of what happened. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

So would I, I agree.  The problem is that Baker can't say anything with a degree of certainty ("I don't know", "I can't remember").  And what she does say conflicts with Gerry and Kate's accounts of what happened. 

She is harldly in cahoots with them then as you suggest what with them larging it up together.

1 hour ago, Plev said:

The DNA report was originally written in English and then translated into Portuguese for the authorities. Only the summary of the report was submitted to the police in Portuguese, a section which did not include the conditions and limitations regarding validity of the results. There was no evidence to confirm whether the source of the DNA was in fact blood. Second, it was not confirmed that the source was Madeleine.

6 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

She is harldly in cahoots with them then as you suggest what with them larging it up together.

Your default position is to believe everything the McCanns say, so I can see why you'd think that. 

My default position is that they're full of shit so we're never going to agree.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spring said:

The DNA report was originally written in English and then translated into Portuguese for the authorities. Only the summary of the report was submitted to the police in Portuguese, a section which did not include the conditions and limitations regarding validity of the results. There was no evidence to confirm whether the source of the DNA was in fact blood. Second, it was not confirmed that the source was Madeleine.

Regardless, a parent with no guilty knowledge would want to know more about the evidence from the dogs rather than shrugging it off.  

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Your default position is to believe everything the McCanns say, so I can see why you'd think that. 

My default position is that they're full of shit so we're never going to agree.  

You suggested and posted a picture that they were conspiring together. You then state she was not able to confirm anything either of the parents said. Which is it? You can’t hve it both ways.

Just now, TK421 said:

Regardless, a parent with no guilty knowledge would want to know more about the evidence from the dogs rather than shrugging it off.  

What's the evidence? That there's some DNA in the room?

Sound, I know that. Now, where the fucks my daughter fucked off to?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spring said:

To be honest, the blood dog doesn’t even come into it for me. The cadaver dog is the one. Behind the sofa, wardrobe, flower bed outside the window. Then her clothes, the cat teddy (which had been washed!? Who washes a missing kids teddy when it’s one of the things with her scent on!) the hire car. Along with all the other inconsistencies in the interviews, it definitely warrants further attention.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anny Road said:

You suggested and posted a picture that they were conspiring together. You then state she was not able to confirm anything either of the parents said. Which is it? You can’t hve it both ways.

I can have it both ways, they're not mutually exclusive.  Kate & Gerry's statements differ wildly, for example.  Are you suggesting that a married couple are not in cahoots?  

1 minute ago, Plev said:

To be honest, the blood dog doesn’t even come into it for me. The cadaver dog is the one. Behind the sofa, wardrobe, flower bed outside the window. Then her clothes, the cat teddy (which had been washed!? Who washes a missing kids teddy when it’s one of the things with her scent on!) the hire car. Along with all the other inconsistencies in the interviews, it definitely warrants further attention.

Maybe they should get rid of court rooms/the justice system all together and just have Netflix decide who's guilty?

It's more fun when justice is presented in a series!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

What's the evidence? That there's some DNA in the room?

Sound, I know that. Now, where the fucks my daughter fucked off to?

They didn't know that, because Gerry McCann was unable to produce a DNA sample without flying back to Leicestershire to obtain it.  That would have been the first time they were made aware of a possible DNA match at the scene, but they dismissed it out of hand. 

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

It would be easy for them to forge the creche records.  The fact that Kate's signature appears on the records when she says in her book that she pre-arranged for Gerry to collect them on 3rd May, for me that gives rise to a presumption that the records have been forged. 

The McCanns are on very friendly terms with Catriona Baker.  Here's a photo of them all larging it up in England.

25nov273.jpg  

22 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Those two posts suggest opposites. 1 she is part of the conspiracy as close pal. 2. She confirms non of the parents testimony.

Just now, TK421 said:

They didn't know that, because Gerry McCann was unable to produce a DNA sample without flying back to Leicestershire to obtain it.  That would have been the first time they were made aware of a possible DNA match at the scene, but they dismissed it out of hand. 

If we're being honest here, I don't think any of us know how we'd react to this situation.

Personally, I'd like to think I'd be out in the streets getting rid of the body hunting her down but in reality, I'd be back at the tapas bar finishing off my all-inclusive Sangria. Maddie's a rogue, she'll be back when she realises there's a Pizza Hut-esque ice cream factory.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anny Road said:

Those two posts suggest opposites. 1 she is part of the conspiracy as close pal. 2. She confirms non of the parents testimony.

They're not mutually exclusive.  And you've misinterpreted part 2.  She does confirm parts of the parents' testimony, but gets the details wrong.  Also, Kate and Gerry's accounts of what happened don't match with each other, so whatever she says will conflict with one of them.  It's impossible for her to agree with both of them, because they don't agree with each other.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I've said it loads of times before. If this was a low income family from a council estate on holiday in benidorm, they'd have lost their other 2 kids too as soon as they got home. It's hard to know if the McCann's literally got off with murder, but they have certainly got away with child negligence because they're a couple of middle class doctors. 

This would be presented completely differently too.

They'd find past pictures of them drunk off their face and try and blend it into the story. In fact, it would be a non-story until hints that they'd murdered her came out and then it would be 'alcoholic mum shows no remorse for dead daughter'.

Classic class factor, eh?