You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Can I introduce you to TK? Unless the government being complicit in hiding the ‘truth’ is something else. 

I believe TK said the government were protecting the McCann’s, but he didn’t have a motive for that - not that the government knew the real truth and were complicit in hiding it.

It is a plain fact to say that the British government treated the case differently to any other child abduction case, and also pressured the Portuguese to do likewise.

I think a simple political explanation offers the reason why the Scotland Yard investigation was not allowed to interview the McCann’s. The whole thing was a political stunt by Brown and the government in the first place - they wanted to be seen to be doing everything to help the family find their lost girl.  Having the first step being the parents thoroughly grilled would not have been a good look, and the McCann’s had the press all on side with their PR team so you can be sure it would have been reported as such.

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I believe TK said the government were protecting the McCann’s, but he didn’t have a motive for that - not that the government knew the real truth and were complicit in hiding it.

The “they” he refers to here is the UK Government...

15 hours ago, TK421 said:

Because they know the McCanns are involved in the concealment of their daughter's corpse, as concluded by Tavares Almeida in his interim report.

From everything that was exposed from the AUTOS, we conclude that:
A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

B) It was performed a simulation of kidnapping;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Gordon Brown, and the government, were all over it though if you remember.

Due to the PR campaign by the McCann's, there was a massive public response to wanting to find her.

Flailing British government promises to do everything in their power to help find the kid, dancing to the press tune and that.  They then found it difficult to back away when they were already aligned to the McCann campaign.

Anyway, I reckon the most likely thing is she was taken by an intruder, and the McCann's story has been inconsistent because they were trying to cover up just how pissed and irresponsible they were.  The left the doors unlocked so anyone could walk in, probably didn't check on the kids as often as they claimed, and most of them were probably too tipsy to remember the details exactly anyway and didn't want to admit that.  Once they started lying about that, then they were going to look shifty, hence them coming under suspicion from the Portuguese police and then refusing to answer questions, do the reconstruction, etc.

Same reason then the UK government put pressure to have the McCann's above scrutiny - they didn't want to be seen to have wholeheartedly backed the parents in their obvious culpability, but figured Maddie was abducted anyway so it wasn't jeopardising the case.

I tend to agree with that . It seems the most plausible answer . Anyway as I said earlier it’s unlikely we’ll ever know definitively what happened so no doubt the conspiracy theories will continue. Without seeming heartless I find it all rather uninteresting now . Puzzles without a solution don’t do it for me 

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Anyway, I reckon the most likely thing is she was taken by an intruder, and the McCann's story has been inconsistent because they were trying to cover up just how pissed and irresponsible they were.  The left the doors unlocked so anyone could walk in, probably didn't check on the kids as often as they claimed, and most of them were probably too tipsy to remember the details exactly anyway and didn't want to admit that.  Once they started lying about that, then they were going to look shifty, hence them coming under suspicion from the Portuguese police and then refusing to answer questions, do the reconstruction, etc.

Pretty much my view on it as well, sounds the most plausible explanation.

26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve watched six episodes now and after watching the sixth one it’s pretty obvious that the Portuguese police have no credibility at all. Anything they say ought to be scrutinised just as much as the McCanns. 

It's a common thread in the UK media to portray the Portuguese police as a load of incompetent buffoons.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  They certainly haven't spent £12m without questioning the last person to see her alive.  Now that's real incompetence.

This Netflix documentary sounds like a load of old arse, designed to reaffirm the abduction theory.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It was that Baptiste nonce from BBC1.

Massive overcompensation to throw everyone off the scent, but I see straight through the gammy-legged fiddler.

Plot twist, Maddie is Natalie.

BBC pulling a blinder here.

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

The UK government definitely has more knowledge than they let on.  

Insert tin foil hat picture here. 

My understanding is that a close relative of the McCann’s knew a close relative of Gordon Brown and reached out to get him involved. He did until he was informed that the Portuguese police were looking at them as potential suspects, when he distanced himself. I don’t think it gets any deeper than that.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I find it strange that an intruder would snatch one child without disturbing the others and the lack of any similar crimes or suspicious activity reported in recent months,or were there other incidents?

Yeah, there were other incidents in the days and weeks before. One in particular where a woman came downstairs and found a man in her house, who then ran away. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

He looked like he was walking forwards but actually went backwards - remarkable. 

So, essentially what we're say is that Back-To-Front from The Raggy Dolls killed Maddie? 

Fucking hell, who would have guessed. Biggest surprise since Gazza turned up with a roast chicken and a fishing rod to help Raoul Mout out of his hide-y hole. 

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My understanding is that a close relative of the McCann’s knew a close relative of Gordon Brown and reached out to get him involved. He did until he was informed that the Portuguese police were looking at them as potential suspects, when he distanced himself. I don’t think it gets any deeper than that.

Central government continues to provide funding to Operation Grange knowing that the McCanns will not be questioned.  They know full well what's going on.

Something stinks about it all, there's something they're not telling us (the parents/tapas group). I doubt we'll ever find out what though. 

I doubt the 'government' is complicit in much to do with this case except at the time politicians wanted the free publicity that attaching themselves gave to it. Yes they're that disgusting.

I could quite easily claim it was aliens, obviously the burden of proof would be on me, just as it is if people claim other conspiracies without evidence. And I'm not having the 'well we've seen government cover ups before' as proof of one here. 

This whole thing doesn't need any extra conspiracies, it's bad enough as it is. I don't think many involved come out of this squeaky clean, so many people let that little girl down.