You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I've already said numerous times I'm not interested in persuading you or changing your mind.  If you're genuinely interested, fuck off and find out for yourself.

You keep making wild assertions then when asked to back it up with you now some fucking evidence you refuse. The onus is on you to justify your claims made on a public forum not for me to hunt for evidence to justify you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anny Road said:

You keep making wild assertions then when asked to back it up with you now some fucking evidence you refuse. The onus is on you to justify your claims made on a public forum not for me to hunt for evidence to justify you.

Sorry, but everything I've read from you on this subject makes me certain that I'd be wasting my time clarifying or explaining anything to you.  Shove your onus up your bum.  

3 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I ask again what in the inconsistency you mention proves she never attended the kids club. You must have something to make such a claim.

It would require a lengthy explanation, but you're a fucking moron and wouldn't understand it.  So I can't be arsed.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

It wasn't agreed with the Portuguese police that the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed.  That decision was made by Operation Grange unilaterally.  Saving the McCanns from further distress is not a valid reason.  If someone claims to be the last person to see their missing daughter alive, they need to be questioned.  

I would argue it is a potential reason.  You jump from arguing because they didn't interview them it shows a conspiracy.  Few gaps need to be filled in before I jump on board that train

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

You jump from arguing because they didn't interview them it shows a conspiracy.  Few gaps need to be filled

in before I jump on board that train

Not at all.  I base my view on all of the circumstances, not just that one piece of information. 

Thing is I have my doubts about the McCanns, something doesn’t add up. Saying they murdered her and hid her body though I cannot justify.

There is more to this whole story but guessing the end then looking backwards for reasons to justify the ending, whilst ignoring things which point elsewhere, is the opposite method used by forensic investigators .

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Not at all.  I base my view on all of the circumstances, not just that one piece of information. 

OK, I'm not convinced and I doubt we will ever know exactly what happened to Madeline. 

I'm off to see if I can find out how much Theresa May is offering 11 lunatics from NI to help her change all our futures for the worse. That's a real conspiracy.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Thing is I have my doubts about the McCanns, something doesn’t add up. Saying they murdered her and hid her body though I cannot justify.

There is more to this whole story but guessing the end then looking backwards for reasons to justify the ending, whilst ignoring things which point elsewhere, is the opposite method used by forensic investigators .

I don't think the parents murdered her, I just think she died in their care.  Honestly, are you capable of following this thread for more than three seconds without talking shit?

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

That's my problem with all of this . I cant think of a motive for the UK government to meddle in the investigation other than to ensure the terms of reference agreed with the Portugese are followed. You then have to ask why they would want to prevent SY interviewing the McCann's  

Gordon Brown, and the government, were all over it though if you remember.

Due to the PR campaign by the McCann's, there was a massive public response to wanting to find her.

Flailing British government promises to do everything in their power to help find the kid, dancing to the press tune and that.  They then found it difficult to back away when they were already aligned to the McCann campaign.

Anyway, I reckon the most likely thing is she was taken by an intruder, and the McCann's story has been inconsistent because they were trying to cover up just how pissed and irresponsible they were.  The left the doors unlocked so anyone could walk in, probably didn't check on the kids as often as they claimed, and most of them were probably too tipsy to remember the details exactly anyway and didn't want to admit that.  Once they started lying about that, then they were going to look shifty, hence them coming under suspicion from the Portuguese police and then refusing to answer questions, do the reconstruction, etc.

Same reason then the UK government put pressure to have the McCann's above scrutiny - they didn't want to be seen to have wholeheartedly backed the parents in their obvious culpability, but figured Maddie was abducted anyway so it wasn't jeopardising the case.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If the government were involved in a cover-up how many people do you think that includes?

Youd have the politicians and the civil servants, then the police. Say maybe 20-30. And not one of them has said a word since.  Not a hint of a cover-up. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting a cover-up.

Whether she was abducted, murdered, wandered off, the undercurrent of this is sheer negligence. They left their children unattended with a door unlocked and planned to do this every night of the week.

If they did that in the UK, the parents would have been flagged to social services and there would be real concerns about their professional practice which may prevent them from working with children. There's no excuse for placing alcohol and social entertainment above your parental responsibilities.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Can I introduce you to TK? Unless the government being complicit in hiding the ‘truth’ is something else. 

It wouldn't be like the UK government to ever carry out any type of cover up. Liverpool supporters could absolutely confirm this. 

• Upvote 2