You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

9 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The bag thing was weird too.

Gerry had a large blue hold-all. It was photographed in the wardrobe I think - but then went missing. 

The coppers probably lost it they were that incompetent.

It is not beyond possibility that Gerry had clothes with him that he wore at work and came into contact with bodies

The East german police would swab propaganda posters and store them and get dogs to sniff suspects.

The Stasi had a whole range of methods and means to try to track down people who said or did anything critical of the East German communist regime. Collecting scent samples was used to try to identify those, for example, who had distributed flyers or who wrote critical graffiti.

How did the Stasi collect these samples?

Hundeschnauze

Specially trained dogs are used to identify people's smells

When they found a piece of graffiti or a flyer then they took a dust cloth, which was usually yellow, and left it for a while lying next to the flyers covered by a protective piece of aluminum foil and then they had their sample. The cloth was then sealed in a pickling jar and stored. If the Stasi later came across a suspect in the process of the investigation, they tried to get a sample from this person as well -- of course, secretly. A trained dog was given the two smells, and if they matched, the Stasi had a concrete name.

I don’t think the police lost the bag, the issue with the bag if I remember correctly was that he denied having a large blue hold-all, yet on the photos of the room just after the incident, there’s a big blue hold-all in the wardrobe.

• Upvote 1

Another weird thing is that when they were asked for something with her DNA on it, Gerry had to fly home to get something. Really? They're on holiday, just provide a toothbrush, a hairbrush, blanket, underwear, toy, etc etc. Provide it fast; keep the investigation moving.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

We could do with a copper to tell us all the weird things he’s seen people do when they’ve received life changing news or been under incredible pressure. 

Just out of interest have you read any of the interviews they and there friends did with the Portuguese police? They released them all when they wrapped up the case. They’re a bit of an eye opener I think, very evasive, almost overthinking every answer given. All very odd.

4 minutes ago, Plev said:

Just out of interest have you read any of the interviews they and there friends did with the Portuguese police? They released them all when they wrapped up the case. They’re a bit of an eye opener I think, very evasive, almost overthinking every answer given. All very odd.

Yep. 

I don’t think there’s a ‘normal’ way to react. As I said earlier she’s been told she’s lying because she got hysterical and because later she didn’t. 

They literally could not do (or fail to do) something that cunts see as conclusive evidence they are guilty. Well, apart from there being any conclusive evidence. 

Ive no skin in this game, if they are guilty let them fry...but until then I’ll leave my pitchfork at home. 

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

We could do with a copper to tell us all the weird things he’s seen people do when they’ve received life changing news or been under incredible pressure. 

Of course there will be plenty of things lacking logic. I would give to the benefit of the doubt to parents in nearly any situation. The leaving the leaving the other 2 kids behind if you think your child has been taken is a stretch too far. It's not credible.  

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Of course there will be plenty of things lacking logic. I would give to the benefit of the doubt to parents in nearly any situation. The leaving the leaving the other 2 kids behind if you think your child has been taken is a stretch too far. It's not credible.  

My ex was a copper. She’s been there when death messages were delivered and parents haven’t batted an eyelid. Other times they’ve gone fucking mental. Other times they’ve just refused to believe it. There is no normal. 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

I think leaving 3 Kids under 3 alone in an apartment isn’t credible, and I’m really surprised that people think that’s a normal thing to do on holiday. But each to their own. 

I was away last year and a young girl of about six hurt herself around the pool. Looked around for her mum and nan who she was with and they were in another part of the complex getting pissed on the all inclusive. 

9 minutes ago, Plev said:

I was away last year and a young girl of about six hurt herself around the pool. Looked around for her mum and nan who she was with and they were in another part of the complex getting pissed on the all inclusive. 

Doesn't suprise me, I've seen toddlers wandering around on their own near pools at night time in some places. It beggars belief that there aren't far more incidents than there are.

25 minutes ago, Plev said:

I think leaving 3 Kids under 3 alone in an apartment isn’t credible, and I’m really surprised that people think that’s a normal thing to do on holiday. But each to their own. 

Did you bring her back or bury her there? 

• Upvote 2

Just after watching the first episode with the missus. 

Besides the one we all knew of them leaving those children on their own. 

The one thing that screamed GUILT to me was when they said they both went to bed at 4am for some rest, after reporting their daughter missing 6 hours earlier. 

Seriously, how could sleep even be in your mind if your child was missing. 

I don't know what happened to that child, but in my opinion one of, or both of the parents know more than they're making out 

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The one thing that screamed GUILT to me was when they said they both went to bed at 4am for some rest, after reporting their daughter missing 6 hours earlier. 

I don't know what happened to that child, but in my opinion one of, or both of the parents know more than they're making out 

I watched half of the first one earlier, that struck me as well. No fucking way you would go to bed. I'd still be awake now looking for her. 

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched half of the first one earlier, that struck me as well. No fucking way you would go to bed. I'd still be awake now looking for her. 

This is it. My missus has our second child 3 weeks ago to the day. 

We went to the hospital at 11 pm. Got sent home, I got 1 hours sleep until I had to bring her back down again. Anyway, she then had the nipper really quickly. I stuck around until 5 am, so I've now had 1 hours sleep in 24 hours. 

I went home, got our little lad ready for school, brought him. Cleaned up. Did the usual bits and pieces. Went back to see the missus and the baby. 

I eventually went to bed at 10 pm that night, so I was up for 30 odd hours. 

Yet them fucks had to have a rest when their child was gone. 

No, I'm not having that. It's just not possible. 

I don't know if they killed the poor little kid, or what, but somethings not right. They're just too practical about it, even all the public shows of affection, it screams "staged" to me. 

The next few episodes should make for some interesting TV 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Guilt?

If I had just killed or staged the abduction of one of my kids I doubt I would feel chilled out and go to bed either.

None of us know how you would react and to infer guilt because someone went to bed is daft to put it kindly.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Plev said:

They were all probably so pissed their memories were all a bit hazy. 

Hazy like the moors of Scotland.