You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We always gave our kuds Calpol,but only if they were ill or teething. Never 'to get them to sleep.'

What not even so you could get them asleep so you could fuck off round the corner with your mates to have dinner and a few glasses of wine

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I don't know about Calpol but there was defo a rumour about the giving something a little stronger than Calpol. 

I don’t think I knew that but I have been surprised in the past by GP friends and their ‘easy’ approach to taking and offering medication 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Madeleine McCann investigation receives more funding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46196238

£11.75 million has been spent on this case. 

Now youbknow for a fact not even 0.000034% of that would have been spent if it any of those on here who have kids. 

And why why are they getting government funding? Is this normal for a case of a missing British child?

I've watched a lot of the armchair detective videos on YouTube now and despite the fella being a bit of a biff a lot of the stuff in them PJ files is seriously suspicious. Deleting mobile phone calls in the hours after shed gone missing, lunching with a  now dead paedophile who didn't live far from their apartment a couple of months after her disappearance, washing Maddies teddy. All just seemed a bit too suspect.

I've always thought a lot of the strange behaviour was down to them lying because they were getting hammered every night and neglecting the kids, not so sure now.

So much money has been invested into this one specific case, and it has been very high profile right from the start. The McCanns and various others have been astute in making sure it remains so.

I have a feeling that the police are not really any closer to solving it than they were all those years ago but because it's been kept in the public eye, they can't just deem it to be a cold case like they probably would have to with other similar cases that didn't have this sort of publicity behind them. They need a result from all of this.

A key question to ask is: Has the amount of publicity, money and manpower dedicated to solving this case been to the detriment of other similar cases?

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I reckon it was suicide the miserable little bitch.

Seriously though my mind would eat itself if it was my kid at the thought of what happened to her and if she was calling for me. It would be a constant mental torture. I don't think there could be many things in life that are worse.

Madeline told her mum on the morning of the day she went missing that she had been crying and calling for her the night before, didn't seem to torture her too much though because she still went out that night.

• Upvote 1

Imagine if she ever turned up safe and sound. That would be one seriously mental story. Then she refuses to go back to Kate and Gerry because they neglected her. I know its been said loads but a less well off couple would have been hung drawn and quartered for living their kids alone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry, is it normal for extra funding to be given? Which this appears to be.

To answer your question, courtesy of an Australian source, it appears it comes from a government fund used to grant police forces money where they’re incurring a special expense over and above their normal budget.