You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

I think number one is more likely and believe that the death was accidental.  The thing I'm not sure about is whether it was on Sunday 30th April or 3rd May (or any time in between).  

Can I just ask once more, why do you think she was abducted and what are you basing your view on?

The reason I'm persisting with this question is because you were very definitive in your original post, so I thought you would be able to elaborate on why you came to your conclusion.

Is there a specific piece of evidence that persuades you that Madeleine was abducted and killed by. a paedo?  If so, what is it?  

I think number one is more likely.  The thing I'm not sure about is whether it was on Sunday 30th April or Thursday 3rd May (or any time in between).  

Can I just ask once more, why do you think she was abducted and what are you basing your view on?

The reason I'm persisting with this question is because you were very definitive in your original post, so I thought you would be able to elaborate on why you came to your conclusion.

Is there a specific piece of evidence that persuades you that Madeleine was abducted and killed by. a paedo?  If so, what is it?  

Because there is no evidence found by anybody conducting a serious inquiry into the case that suggests she died in the apartment, or of any cover up or collusion between parents, family and friends. And, more importantly, because they aren't suspects.

The rest is for you and your videos to prove. Like I said, I'm not the prosection. I'm not the Defence either.

You've been a Lawyer in your day, albeit Conveyancing, and you know, as well as I do that burden of proof lies with you.

Because there is no evidence found by anybody conducting a serious inquiry into the case that suggests she died in the apartment, or of any cover up or collusion between parents, family and friends. And, more importantly, because they aren't suspects.

The rest is for you and your videos to prove. Like I said, I'm not the prosection. I'm not the Defence either.

You've been a Lawyer in your day, albeit Conveyancing, and you know, as well as I do that burden of proof lies with you.

But I'm not trying to prove anything here, Rob.  I don't believe the McCanns' story but I'm still open to persuasion.

Disregarding my view entirely, why do you think she was abducted and what evidence are you basing your view upon?  Is there anything specific at all that points to an abduction by a third party?   If so, what is it? 

But I'm not trying to prove anything here, Rob.  I don't believe the McCanns' story but I'm still open to persuasion.

Disregarding my view entirely, why do you think she was abducted and what evidence are you basing your view upon?  Is there anything specific at all that points to an abduction by a third party?   If so, what is it? 

But you are Martin. You're the one, earlier in the thread that stated to the effect that "shielded by the Police and the Government". Do I need to to go back and find the quote?

You are the prosecution. Like I said, I don't care, I'm just the man on the Clapham Omnibus. And like I said earlier Martin, gloves off.

But you are Martin. You're the one, earlier in the thread that stated to the effect that "shielded by the Police and the Government". Do I need to to go back and find the quote?

You are the prosecution. Like I said, I don't care, I'm just the man on the Clapham Omnibus. And like I said earlier Martin, gloves off.

No, I'm not "the prosecution".  I'm a bloke on the internet who doesn't believe the McCanns' story.  

So... why do you think she was abducted?  

And can we cool it on the physical threats? 

I think the child 'dying in the parents care' is a feasible one given the lack of clues to a body or genuine suspect in over 10 years. Did Kate McCann really phone Max Clifford 30 minutes after the disappearance or is that a joke? Also,was the Portuguese investigation actually that bad or is this just a way of deflecting blame?

I am interested in Anubis thoughts given his connections to the legal system and the information which moves through it.

No, I'm not "the prosecution".  I'm a bloke on the internet who doesn't believe the McCanns' story.  

So... why do you think she was abducted?  

And can we cool it on the physical threats? 

TK421
  • photo-54816.jpg?_r=1516712386
  • sth.png
  • 16,434 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 PM

They've been protected by the UK government, police and mainstream media.  That's not "100% vilification".

And you're not the prosecution Martin?

And the threats?

Shall I go back 4 pages where you said "fuck you arsehole" to Rico?

Although to be fair, I'd say that to Rico too. So all things considered, you win one, you lose one.

Fuck me Winston sounds like Liam Neeson in Taken. Am I missing an in joke? History between the two?

I will come for you, and I will kill you!

I don't pay much attention normally in my defence.

Yes I'm a nosey cunt.

Nothing like that. Me and TK421 are old mates. Just the odd difference of opinion on things that don't matter.

I think the child 'dying in the parents care' is a feasible one given the lack of clues to a body or genuine suspect in over 10 years. Did Kate McCann really phone Max Clifford 30 minutes after the disappearance or is that a joke? Also,was the Portuguese investigation actually that bad or is this just a way of deflecting blame?

I am interested in Anubis thoughts given his connections to the legal system and the information which moves through it.

No she didn't and the investigation was fairly poor. They were arrested as suspects, but that's an obvious course of action. This is no slight on the initial investigation, but they weren't really equipped for it.

It’s been a long time since I looked at anything around this case so I watched two videos, posted in the past few pages.

The dog one was quite compelling. Two dogs, one cadaver, the other blood trained, and both were signaling some sort of foul play: on the clothes, in the apartment and in the car. Dogs aren’t nuanced creatures. They don’t lie. They tell you what they know, according to their superior sense of smell and obviously training.

The other video, the long one of the American fella analyzing the McCann statement/s, was very interesting. He found some very troubling things in their story, tenses used, lack of concern for the daughter, confessions within the statements they were making, etc.

I don’t know lots about this case but based on those two videos I half wonder if the child died in an accident, perhaps being in a ‘foggy’ state if medicated to sleep, and then the parents covered it up. I don’t think they murdered her, but I half wonder whether they covered it up.

The troubling thing is they’ve not been charged, much less convicted. So that sort of strengthens the case the other way, and perhaps the child was abducted.

It’s a tricky one.

I really don’t believe either parent to be responsible. Are we supposed to believe they would continue to push for new enquiries and cold case teams if they are guilty? Some might argue it’s because they are in it for the money from selling stories and book deals but are we to believe they killed her through negligence, were so callous as to dump her body and then risk justice by having the enquiry extended to make a wedge out of it too?

I’m sure I’ve seen the dog evidence torn apart too.

• Upvote 1

As others have said if this was a single mum on a council estate that fucked off to the pub for half hour and the kid went missing she would have been vilified in the press as irresponsible and scum. Any other kids taken off her and probably charged with neglect. There would deffo not have been millions spent by the police to find the kid,millions not raised privately.

I still cannot get how people think its ok to fuck off and leave kids alone in the flat and go for dinner

Exactly, my friends and I at the time said we’ve never ever done that. What annoys me is they had money to have a paid nanny/babysitter and in places like Portugal kids are more welcome in restaurants than they often are in Britain.

The McCanns killed their child, either accidentally or deliberately, then carried on as normal for a few days and then involved all of their friends and family in a mass cover up, took her body away, unseen by anyone and buried her in a place, nearby, hastily that has never been found, despite intensive investigations and digging or...

My auld fella who, for what my opinion is worth, is natural pole-eese, is quite scornful of the McCann-the-killers narrative for this reason. As he put it, the notion that a middle-class British couple would be able to get on the blower to the Portuguese equivalent of Marsellus Wallace to sort out their dead body problem, is self-evidently ludicrous. And whaddyano, Winston Wolf agrees.

Going off on a tangent, the manner in which the British press has veered between treating the McCanns as either angels or devils, depending entirely on having to come up with a hot take rather than any evidence, new or old, should resonate with anyone associated with the city of Liverpool. Yet more proof, not that any more was needed, that the British press is absolutely fucking evil. 

• Upvote 4

One question that bugged me in the McCann case, and while I was watching the film Taken, was how many middle class children / teenage girls from the richest and most powerful Western countries actually get kidnapped? For example, in Taken, an Albanian gang goes to a lot of trouble to snatch an American middle class girl in Paris, whilst there are probably tens of thousands of runaways and girls from poor Eastern European countries, not to mention their own country, that can easily be groomed, bought, kidnapped and nobody would ever ask about them. How many Swedish girls get trafficked to the streets of America?

With children, isn't it always someone who has access through parents, extended family or school? How many paedophiles, if that was the motivation, break into other people's houses, or holiday lets to snatch children? It's almost always neglected children from poor or seriously dysfunctional families that are the targets, as there are always seems to be plenty of them around. Was Madeleine McCann a unique case, or do British children vanish or get kidnapped on holiday by strangers all the time?

• Upvote 1

My auld fella who, for what my opinion is worth, is natural pole-eese, is quite scornful of the McCann-the-killers narrative for this reason. As he put it, the notion that a middle-class British couple would be able to get on the blower to the Portuguese equivalent of Marsellus Wallace to sort out their dead body problem, is self-evidently ludicrous. And whaddyano, Winston Wolf agrees.

Going off on a tangent, the manner in which the British press has veered between treating the McCanns as either angels or devils, depending entirely on having to come up with a hot take rather than any evidence, new or old, should resonate with anyone associated with the city of Liverpool. Yet more proof, not that any more was needed, that the British press is absolutely fucking evil.

The press is like that because it’s pandering to the base instincts that most of the population resort to. Because they’re fucking thick and lazy. The press has taught them how to think like that by progressively dumbing down the dialogue, and now they can reap the rewards of their labour by herding the thick in the direction they want on any issue.

• Upvote 5

The press is like that because it’s pandering to the base instincts that most of the population resort to. Because they’re fucking thick and lazy. The press has taught them how to think like that by progressively dumbing down the dialogue, and now they can reap the rewards of their labour by herding the thick in the direction they want on any issue.

The massive swings in press attitudes, even within the same paper, to the McCanns is based on one thing only.

Profits.

They don't give a fuck about supporting them or vilifying them, they'll just do what sells.

• Upvote 2

One question that bugged me in the McCann case, and while I was watching the film Taken, was how many middle class children / teenage girls from the richest and most powerful Western countries actually get kidnapped? For example, in Taken, an Albanian gang goes to a lot of trouble to snatch an American middle class girl in Paris, whilst there are probably tens of thousands of runaways and girls from poor Eastern European countries, not to mention their own country, that can easily be groomed, bought, kidnapped and nobody would ever ask about them. How many Swedish girls get trafficked to the streets of America?

With children, isn't it always someone who has access through parents, extended family or school? How many paedophiles, if that was the motivation, break into other people's houses, or holiday lets to snatch children? It's almost always neglected children from poor or seriously dysfunctional families that are the targets, as there are always seems to be plenty of them around. Was Madeleine McCann a unique case, or do British children vanish or get kidnapped on holiday by strangers all the time?

None of this is points to the McCanns being murderers. Homespun interpretations on the demographics of abducted kids is not evidence. Well it might be for the British press but in the real world thankfully not.

• Upvote 1

None of this is points to the McCanns being murderers. Homespun interpretations on the demographics of abducted kids is not evidence. Well it might be for the British press but in the real world thankfully not.

It most certainly isn't evidence, it's is one aspect of the case.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all out there if you want to look.

Sorry for the delay I only just returned to this thread. To be honest the case doesn’t interest me, I’ve no idea what happened and I’m not really curious so I can’t be bothered reading up on it but I can’t imagine any reason or scenario where the police or Government would protect them , I find that a strange and extremely serious accusation and just wondered what you were basing it on.