You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

OK. Yeah. OK.

Just being serious for a minute, what evidence do you have that Madeleine was abducted and killed?  

I respect your view but I don't think you've looked into this case much.  That's the impression I get from reading your post.

I think if you looked into it properly then given your background/profession, you would realise that the abduction theory is extremely unlikely. 

Just being serious for a minute, what evidence do you have that Madeleine was abducted and killed?  

Just being serious for a minute, friendship aside, which it is, on the subject, what evidence, despite intensive investigations into the case and Millions of pounds spent and the fact that nearly 11 years later. no charges have been brought, what evidence do you have that she wasn't?

Apart from a bungled Portuguese investigation and someone who wanted to sell a book?

You, YOU are the one making the claims that the McCann's are being shielded by the Police and the Government.

Anything you want to get lippy about, outside this topic, you know where to find me.

• Upvote 1

Just being serious for a minute, friendship aside, which it is, on the subject, what evidence, despite intensive investigations into the case and Millions of pounds spent and the fact that nearly 11 years later. no charges have been brought, what evidence do you have that she wasn't?

Apart from a bungled Portuguese investigation and someone who wanted to sell a book?

You, YOU are the one making the claims that the McCann's are being shielded by the Police and the Government.

Anything you want to get lippy about, outside this topic, you know where to find me.

The evidence that she wasn't abducted is manifold and if I were to list it all I would literally be here all night.

If there is one single bit of evidence that convinces me there wasn't an abduction, it is the McCanns changing their witness statement about the shutters being jemmied/forced open.  They later said that the so-called abductor entered through the apartment front doors, which were unlocked.  

I also think it's unlikely that the abductor wouldn't have been spotted following the largest scale investigation for a missing person in Portuguese history.

Finally, a corpse has not been found.  

I'm not being "lippy", I'm posting about this because I find it generally interesting.  

The evidence that she wasn't abducted is manifest and if I were to list it all I would literally be here all night.

If there is one single bit of evidence that convinces me there wasn't an abduction, it is the McCanns changing their witness statement about the shutters being jemmied/forced open.  They later said that the so-called abductor entered through the apartment front doors, which were unlocked.  

I also think it's unlikely that the abductor wouldn't have been spotted following the largest scale investigation for a missing person in Portuguese history.

Finally, a corpse has not been found.  

I'm not being "lippy", I'm posting about this because I find it generally interesting.  

Do you really, really think that Parents who had murdered their own child wouldn't change their behaviour over a period of what 36-48 hours? Do you really think that they would sit down with a group of friends and say "Look, shit this, BUT, look Maddy was being a bit of pain and we smacked her and she died, so now, keep schtum like, let's pretend like there's nothing wrong. Let's keep going out to Dinner, say nowt and all will be Ok?" These aren't Mafia people, these are people on Holiday. People who aren't knowing of criminality and how to fuck the system.

Do you really, really think that the whole weight of the British Police would be fully behind them and effectively say, many, many times "we are looking for other people, NOT the parents?"

Of course not.

• Upvote 1

Do you really, really think that Parents who had murdered their own child wouldn't change their behaviour over a period of what 36-48 hours? Do you really think that they would sit down with a group of friends and say "Look, shit this, BUT, look Maddy was being a bit of pain and we smacked her and she died, so now, keep schtum like, let's pretend like there's nothing wrong. Let's keep going out to Dinner, say nowt and all will be Ok?" These aren't Mafia people, these are people on Holiday. People who aren't knowing of criminality and how to fuck the system.

Do you really, really think that the whole weight of the British Police would be fully behind them and effectively say, many, many times "we are looking for other people, NOT the parents?"

Of course not.

I don't think they murdered her - I think she died in their care.

I think that if she was abducted, their witness statements would be accurate, consistent and would tally both with themselves and each other's over time, but this is not the case.  Their recollection of events that night changes over the course of the several witness statements they made and information given in other on the record interviews (with the media etc.), it changes over time and the statements have inconsistencies when compared against each other and the rest of the tapas seven.  

It is not surprising that they were made arguidos given the high number of inconsistencies in their statements.  Against this backdrop you then have Kate refusing to answer 48 questions when being interviewed under caution.  

Now that I've answered your question about why I don't think there was an abduction, why do you think there was one?

Seems strange that the 'abductor' took Madeline, when her two younger twin brothers were in the same room? You'd get more for your money with a boy on the child exploitation market, from what I've been told?

Odd that Interpol turned up before the local police arrived?

Who the fuck thinks to ring Max Clifford 30 minutes after she goes missing?

From previous experience it's fucking impossible to open those shutters, even if you're Geoff Capes.

I have never gotten this, leaving the kids on their own is neglect angle. 

Being mid forties I was (un)fortunate enough to spend my early summer holidays with my parents at various Pontins' sites. Every evening the parents would go on the piss (I once saw Bob Monkhouse live and Googie the Liverpool duck) in the on site clubs and leave all their children in the chalets on their own.  A few Blue coats (Pontin staff) would spend the evening walking around the site listening for babies crying. If they heard anything an announcement would be made over the tannoy giving chalet number of baby crying, so drunken parents could go and sort it out. All perfectly normal and acceptable at the time. 

Knowing someone who worked in the McCann resort, this was the child checking service they also ran there, but the McCanns chose not to pay for it. The fact the resort ran that service, indicates to me that it was normal practice for the parents to go for a meal whilst their offspring were in bed, with staff walking around the resort. Again, apparently all perfectly normal and acceptable. 

I don't think they murdered her - I think she died in their care.

I think that if she was abducted, their witness statements would be accurate, consistent and would tally both with themselves and each other's over time, but this is not the case.  Their recollection of events that night changes over the course of the several witness statements they made and information given in other on the record interviews (with the media etc.), it changes over time and the statements have inconsistencies when compared against each other and the rest of the tapas seven.  

It is not surprising that they were made arguidos given the high number of inconsistencies in their statements.  Against this backdrop you then have Kate refusing to answer 48 questions when being interviewed under caution.  

Of course they were made Arguidos. Which parents in any missing/abduction/potential murder/disapearance case aren't made suspects?

As you well know, the last person to see any missing person is always the main suspect.

The rest is circumstance. Since when have eyewitnesses who don't have a reason to commit fact to memory been reliable?

There isn't any evidence at all.

Ah yeah, but the window, I'm sure it was shut, or open, or nearly open, or was that yesterday? Or the day before? Now you come to mention it, I didn't see Madelaine yesterday, she was playing in the pool on Tuesday, or was in Monday, actually, I'm not sure, it could've been earlier.

Until the body is found, which will be nearby, and any proof can be found that they did it, which there isn't, it's all a case of "her eyes are too close together and I don't like the way she wore that white t shirt in that interview."

Of course they were made Arguidos. Which parents in any missing/abduction/potential murder/disapearance case aren't made suspects?

As you well know, the last person to see any missing person is always the main suspect.

The rest is circumstance. Since when have eyewitnesses who don't have a reason to commit fact to memory been reliable?

There isn't any evidence at all.

Ah yeah, but the window, I'm sure it was shut, or open, or nearly open, or was that yesterday? Or the day before? Now you come to mention it, I didn't see Madelaine yesterday, she was playing in the pool on Tuesday, or was in Monday, actually, I'm not sure, it could've been earlier.

Until the body is found, which will be nearby, and any proof can be found that they did it, which there isn't, it's all a case of "her eyes are too close together and I don't like the way she wore that white t shirt in that interview."

That doesn't answer my question, though.  Why do you think Madeleine was abducted and what evidence are you basing that view on?  That's what I'm trying to get at.

The whole "checking routine" was most likely fabricated as part of the cover-up.  Who organises a system of checks every 15 minutes when they are dining out?  Nobody, that's who.  It would completely kill the ambience of the evening.  It is also documented that the resort offered a free baby-sitting/watching service for parents, to enable them to go out in the evenings without worrying about their children.

There is evidence to suggest that Madeleine died four days earlier on the Sunday.  This is because there are no known images of her alive after that day.  The so-called "last photo" of her taken by the swimming pool could not have possibly been taken after Sunday 31st May, because the weather on the following days was overcast, whereas on Sunday 31st May the weather was bright and sunny as appears in the photo.  It is a virtual certainty that the last photo was taken on Sunday 31st May given the weather on the following days.  

There are no other photos of Madeleine after Sunday 31st May, except for the ludicrous "tennis ball" photo which doesn't even look like Madeleine.  

Sorry, in this post I meant Sunday 30th April.  There is a school of thought that Madeleine died on Sunday 30th April because there are no photos of her taken after that day in the public domain and other verifiable sightings of her are sparse/dubious. 

That doesn't answer my question, though.  Why do you think Madeleine was abducted and what evidence are you basing that view on?  That's what I'm trying to get at.

I'm not the prosection Martin. The parents didn't change their behaviour, what you are suggesting is a conspiracy on a mass scale involving family friends who would've asked questions. Which they didn't. The Police have questioned everyone concerned, not some shite Inquiry with 2 officers and a Dog who usually look for lost golf balls.

This a high, very high profile international investigation.

Do you really think after 11 years and after theee most thorough enquiries, physical, forensic and circumstancial that some charges would've been laid?

Do you really think that all of those witnesses, all of whom would've had a different persepctive and recollection, and under intense speculation and interrogation wouldn't crack?

Of course they said fuck all in some interviews, that's what Lawyers tell their clients to do.

Some Joe Fucking Palooka from Praia De Luz Police asks questions with an interpreter after your Daughter has gone missing is unlikely to be getting a full story. Things only become clear once you've really thought them through. If you were shitting it in a foreign Police station after your child had gone missing, would you be coherent? Would you fuck. Would the story you told a few days later be the same as the first story you told? Of course not.

• Upvote 1

I'm not the prosection Martin. The parents didn't change their behaviour, what you are suggesting is a conspiracy on a mass scale involving family friends who would've asked questions. Which they didn't. The Police have questioned everyone concerned, not some shite Inquiry with 2 officers and a Dog who usually look for lost golf balls.

This a high, very high profile international investigation.

Do you really think after 11 years and after theee most thorough enquiries, physical, forensic and circumstancial that some charges would've been laid?

Do you really think that all of those witnesses, all of whom would've had a different persepctive and recollection, and under intense speculation and interrogation wouldn't crack?

Of course they said fuck all in some interviews, that's what Lawyers tell their clients to do.

Some Joe Fucking Palooka from Praia De Luz Police asks questions with an interpreter after your Daughter has gone missing is unlikely to be getting a full story. Things only become clear once you've really thought them through. If you were shitting it in a foreign Police station after your child had gone missing, would you be coherent? Would you fuck. Would the story you told a few days later be the same as the first story you told? Of course not.

I'll ask once more:  why do you think Madeleine was abducted and what evidence are you basing your view upon?

I'll ask once more:  why do you think Madeleine was abducted and what evidence are you basing your view upon?

Right two final things Martin.

Number one. You fucking needle me on here or anywhere else and then *shrug* and I'll sort you out. I know you, don't forget that.

Number two, there is no evidence whatsoever that Madelaine McCann died in that apartment. There was no change in behaviour from the parents, there is no physical evidence, either forensic, physical or eye witness that links the parents with her death. Hence why no proseuction has been brought, by a Police Force that has investigated every single detail of the Inquiry., There is no evidence of a conspiracy and there is no physical evidence or forensic that the parents were involved.

The Police, after years of investigation aren't looking at them as suspects., Now, I don't care one shiny shite whether they did it or not, I have no affiliation to either the family, the parents, or the police investigation. What I do know is the eye witness reports at the first stage of any investigation are wholly unreliable.

Now, I ask you, which of these two scenarios are most likely....

1. The McCanns killed their child, either accidentally or deliberately, then carried on as normal for a few days and then involved all of their friends and family in a mass cover up, took her body away, unseen by anyone and buried her in a place, nearby, hastily that has never been found, despite intensive investigations and digging or...

2. The flat was burgled or the flat was being watched knowing that children were in there for a number of nights by routine, unattnded for a short while by a paedophile? Either the flat was going to be burgled and Madelaine was awake and saw it and was carted off, or she was targetted.

Which of those two, given that the only evidence, which doesn't point at the parents is most likely?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1