You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Guest PaddyBerger15

You fucking tool.

The reason that you are sick of seeing them is, unfortunately for you and your darling sensitivities, that their daughter hasn't been found dead yet.

What would you prefer, a dead daughter on their hands, all the grieving done behind closed doors so you don't have to hear about it? Don't be dolt lad. Its been a 100 days since their daughter was abducted, a range of emotions that you will never have to experience, so show a bit of respect you smart arsed, mealy mouthed little cunt.

Once you become a parent, god forbid, then you might be in a position to talk about negligence and irresponsibility, until such times, you carry agonising over which t shirt you are going to wear for your monster nights out on the piss and other such pressing issues.

You fucking tool.

The reason that you are sick of seeing them is, unfortunately for you and your darling sensitivities, that their daughter hasn't been found dead yet.

What would you prefer, a dead daughter on their hands, all the grieving done behind closed doors so you don't have to hear about it? Don't be dolt lad. Its been a 100 days since their daughter was abducted, a range of emotions that you will never have to experience, so show a bit of respect you smart arsed, mealy mouthed little cunt.

Once you become a parent, god forbid, then you might be in a position to talk about negligence and irresponsibility, until such times, you carry agonising over which t shirt you are going to wear for your monster nights out on the piss and other such pressing issues.

Hey, fuck you. We wouldn't be having this conversation if they hadn't gone on a family holiday only to leave their young daughter alone in the hotel room while they lived it up in the restaurant. What's to respect about that?

Chris has a point, though, Rob, it's just not put across in the most sensitive fashion. I can't escape the feeling that leaving a child in an apartment is irresponsible. However, that doesn't mean I don't feel sympathy for the parents.

I am kinda with Chris on this one, you are irresponsible enough to leave your 3 year old in a portuguese hotel on her own then you decide to ease your guilt by having a huge campaign to find her again in all facets of the media. Maybe if you don't dump your kid in a hotel in the first place and actually do parenting then this wouldn't happen?

I can't believe anyone seriously believes their campaign is about easing any guilt they may or may not be feeling. Surely they're simply desperate to ensure they're giving their daughter every chance of rescue on the off chance that she's still alive? I really hope she is and that this campaign leads to her being reunited with her parents. I get choked to fuck every time I see them on the box. In fact I've taken to turning it off or leaving the room when they're on. It's doing my head right in - although for different reasons than Chris'.

Is there anyone in the country who still actually feels any sympathy for these negligent snobby twats? I mean I'm sorry that their irresponsible, terrible parenting has resulted in the loss/possible murder of their little girl, but they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I'm sick of seeing them on television and in the newspapers. I'm sick of people campaigning for money so these rich negligent cunts can continue scouring Europe to ease their considerable guilt. I'm sick of that tart carrying around that fucking teddy bear everywhere she goes to try and garner sympathy when she should be in a jail cell.

It's about time the police charged these people with criminal negligence, and if the poor little lass is found dead are their grounds to charge them with her manslaughter? It's been said before that if two parents from a council estate in Kenny had gone to the pub for a pint and this had happened you just know that social services and the CPS would have come down on them like a shot. The elite protecting the elite and it makes me sick.

If she is alive, I would suspect she's being better looked after by more loving, attentive people than her birth parents anyway, so fuck 'em. The poor girl probably doesn't know any different anyway; she probably hardly knew her parents anyway.

Cunt.

Guest PaddyBerger15

This issue has been done at length before, the rights and wrongs of leaving your daughter in a hotel room has been played out by parents and non-parents alike.

What Chris is saying is that he is now sick of hearing of it.

Well, I'm pretty damn sure that the McCanns would like the safe return of their daughter so none of us had to hear about it, but that is out of everybody's control.

What is the alternative.....she is found dead and we can all stop hearing about it? Obviously its going to be in the public domain until there is some kind of resolution.

To say that you are sick of seeing them and hearing about it is churlish in the extreme.

And until such times as Chris is a parent and knows the issues that it brings, then he is in no position to comment on it.

I'm sure that every second that goes by since her abduction they have regretted that decision and will do until their dying day, what they don't need on top of that is people getting fed up of their lives being scrutinised in the media. Given the choice, I'm positive they don't want it either.

The tone and content of Chris' post was idiotic in the extreme......'if she's alive I'm sure shes being better looked after'....what kind of stupid statement is that to make?

You might have a point about the rich looking after their own but why not just keep it to yourself and ignore whatever you see/hear about the case. It's not like it's hurting you.

But this bit below is just going way too far.

If she is alive, I would suspect she's being better looked after by more loving, attentive people than her birth parents anyway, so fuck 'em. The poor girl probably doesn't know any different anyway; she probably hardly knew her parents anyway.

You obviously don't have / never have had a 3 year old daughter. You can't assume she has been shipped off to a rich couple in the US who can't have children of their own - and even those types can't be loving or attentive if they would take a kidnapped daughter of someone else. The likelihood is much, much worse.

Plus 3 year old kids know who their parents are.

So you have a point of sorts but you've ruined it with your extremist ranting.

I can't believe anyone seriously believes their campaign is about easing any guilt they may or may not be feeling. Surely they're simply desperate to ensure they're giving their daughter every chance of rescue on the off chance that she's still alive? I really hope she is and that this campaign leads to her being reunited with her parents. I get choked to fuck every time I see them on the box. In fact I've taken to turning it off or leaving the room when they're on. It's doing my head right in - although for different reasons than Chris'.

Maybe I shouldn't have expressed things quite as vociferously, but if the little girl is somehow found alive then these people shouldn't be the ones taking care of her...They've proved they are not fit parents.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Maybe I shouldn't have expressed things quite as vociferously, but if the little girl is somehow found alive then these people shouldn't be the ones taking care of her...They've proved they are not fit parents.

Fair enough, thats a point of view, which is a whole lot different to your first post, which did you no credit whatsoever Chris.

chris mate thats some fucked up shit right there. i would never leave my kids home alone and i can understand what you are saying. but if somebody wanted to take their kid they would of took her anyway. you seem an intelligent lad, but think about what possibly could of happened to maddie. there are some sick bastards in this world.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Wait... that's a subject that is actually under argument?

Check out the very long thread that started on here at the time of her disappearance in which opinion was very divided.

chris mate thats some fucked up shit right there. i would never leave my kids home alone and i can understand what you are saying. but if somebody wanted to take their kid they would of took her anyway. you seem an intelligent lad, but think about what possibly could of happened to maddie. there are some sick bastards in this world.

My point exactly. As you say, there are some sick bastards in this world... think about what could have happened to Maddie. They didn't, did they? In an unfamiliar country.

What kind of people go on a family holiday only to leave their children locked in a hotel room?

This issue has been done at length before, the rights and wrongs of leaving your daughter in a hotel room has been played out by parents and non-parents alike.

What Chris is saying is that he is now sick of hearing of it.

Well, I'm pretty damn sure that the McCanns would like the safe return of their daughter so none of us had to hear about it, but that is out of everybody's control.

What is the alternative.....she is found dead and we can all stop hearing about it? Obviously its going to be in the public domain until there is some kind of resolution.

To say that you are sick of seeing them and hearing about it is churlish in the extreme.

And until such times as Chris is a parent and knows the issues that it brings, then he is in no position to comment on it.

I'm sure that every second that goes by since her abduction they have regretted that decision and will do until their dying day, what they don't need on top of that is people getting fed up of their lives being scrutinised in the media. Given the choice, I'm positive they don't want it either.

The tone and content of Chris' post was idiotic in the extreme......'if she's alive I'm sure shes being better looked after'....what kind of stupid statement is that to make?

That's more or less what I meant to say - but I got cross and just called him a cunt instead.

I had the same reaction a few weeks ago when Amanda Fucking Platell said the same thing as Chris.

Fair enough, thats a point of view, which is a whole lot different to your first post, which did you no credit whatsoever Chris.

The only thing about my first post I would change is the tone. It was too aggressive, but the crux of my argument remains the same. There is only one innocent party in this whole saga and that's the poor little girl. If I offended you, i apologise.

• Upvote 1

Is there anyone in the country who still actually feels any sympathy for these negligent snobby twats? I mean I'm sorry that their irresponsible, terrible parenting has resulted in the loss/possible murder of their little girl, but they have no-one to blame but themselves.

I'm sick of seeing them on television and in the newspapers. I'm sick of people campaigning for money so these rich negligent cunts can continue scouring Europe to ease their considerable guilt. I'm sick of that tart carrying around that fucking teddy bear everywhere she goes to try and garner sympathy when she should be in a jail cell.

It's about time the police charged these people with criminal negligence, and if the poor little lass is found dead are their grounds to charge them with her manslaughter? It's been said before that if two parents from a council estate in Kenny had gone to the pub for a pint and this had happened you just know that social services and the CPS would have come down on them like a shot. The elite protecting the elite and it makes me sick.

Not sure I would have put it all quite like that, but I can't really disagree with anything you've said there.