You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shanghai Vs Liverpool Pre game discussion

RED Tezza

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Voro there or has the baby arrived, didn't spot him anwhere ?

Watched premier league world on SS1 the other night, which was all about the Asia Trophy, mainly us, Carra training the youngans etc. When Voro came into view in one of our new sleeveless training tops, sporting a very striking tattoo, deffo not Aggeresque very Voroesque, in your face and fucking hard :eek:

César Sampaio did.

Twice, with Mauro Silva sandwiched inbetween. Shame that was 13 years ago and since then every winner has been a creative midfielder or a forward. No suprise really considering Brazil supporters have a bit of the Gooner/Madrid fan about them where winning comes second to playing well.

I have only seen the goals , as LiverpoolFCTV has only got stills !!!

Strange comments in the Daily Mirror today who praise Torres' goal but then launch into him for constant diving & cheating. Have not seen this even touched upon in this thread.

Accepting that legally the Mirror cannot be 100% positive in any Reds reporting , what did you lads who watched the game think of this aspect.

I have only seen the goals , as LiverpoolFCTV has only got stills !!!

Strange comments in the Daily Mirror today who praise Torres' goal but then launch into him for constant diving & cheating. Have not seen this even touched upon in this thread.

Accepting that legally the Mirror cannot be 100% positive in any Reds reporting , what did you lads who watched the game think of this aspect.

The Mirro are talking shite mate. They're also still saying we payed £26.5m for him, when the whole world and his dog knows we never. Wankers.

Looks like they are going to get the ball rolling on Torres. They suspect he is going to be a good player and they need to find a negative angle. Basically.

That was my first thought as well , but glad to hear from you & Ted that they are out of order in their comments. Cheers

Then you're a horrendously bad judge of footballer if you see him as nothing more than a water carrier. You don't win footballer of the year in Brazil for being a Deschamp/Dunga/Hamann type player.

Bad because I judged his performance today or bad because I'm not judging him on an award he's won?

Based on that performance thats all he was, like I said though I wasn't judging him to league standard and hope he was just a bit nervous so played it simple.

Taking the whole of pre-season into consideration

I think Rafa has done a fantastic job getting Voronin and Torres into the club, they easily look the best forwards at the club.

As for Benayoun and Babel both are a risk and bears out the old argument of sticking to proven quality not quantity, When Rafa has spent top dollar he's got top players in Pepe, Xabi, Javier & Torres but when he's gambled he's either got a sissoko or a Gonzalez.

The worse thing for me about Babel is he will never be the world class winger we need, he may well end up being one of the best two strikers at the club but on pre-season form we most defo havent improved on our weakest area of the team which is very dissapointing

All judgements based on perfromances in friendlies !!! FFS, it's way too early to be making judgement calls on players. I guess you would have said flashing 27m quid on Veron was a great example of spending top dollar.Have you learned nothing from Heskey, Dundee and Cisse's performances early doors?????

Babel is going to be a very good player and given time will prove that during this season.

I think he could have a role to play as a super sub ie comming on in the last 20 minutes against tired legs.

He has the potential time will tell if he takes his chance, my major concern is I see him more of a striker than a winger