You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

game that made you happiest watching LFC NOT including finals

spider-neil

How about the League Cup game against Spurs at White Hart Lane a few years ago? We had a whole youth team out that night (barring Dudek and Henchoz) against the likes of Keane, Defoe and Kanoute and beat them on penalties. Felt so proud to be a red that night and was made up for likes of Raven, Potter, Welsh and Smyth.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the League Cup game against Spurs at White Hart Lane a few years ago? We had a whole youth team out that night (barring Dudek and Henchoz) against the likes of Keane, Defoe and Kanoute and beat them on penalties. Felt so proud to be a red that night and was made up for likes of Raven, Potter, Welsh and Smyth.

Good night that. League Cup away games can be classics like that for atmosphere. Villa in 2002 when we hadn't won for ages and the game was delayed for 90 minutes and we won 4-3 in the last minute.

Blackburn when we beat them 3-0 in 94/95 I think it was a Rush hatrick on the way to winning the Coca Cola.

There's just so many to mention though but there's nothing like a last minute winner at the kop end, at a big game. Collymore Newcastle, Gerrard Olympiakos and Mellor Arsenal stand out that i've been to. I just hope we get a few more like that to remember before we move.

Very true Nick , made even sweeter by Breitner's arrogant ramblings before the game.

I remember shuddering when Howard Gayle's name was announced. Boy was I wrong.

Howy Gale, what a talent but just the wrong attitude.Other grate games for me: Wolves away, St Ettienne and the Leeds game at Anfield when we won 2-0 ,after a Gary Sprake mistake stick in my mind also beating the blue shite in the semi final replay after they somehow scrambled a draw on the Saturday. Any one remember the Birmingham game? When we somehow managed a 4-3 win after being 3 -0 down, Bob Hatton getting a couple in th emiddle of a wet dark winters day at Anfield -awesome game that.