Quantcast
Anfield Out, Brand Name In - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Plewggs

Anfield Out, Brand Name In

Not a bad point Nick - although I'd be happier to see the club sell the naming rights but LOWER the prices by £10 a pop

If there were 2.5 million LFC fans willing to pay 40 pounds each, we'd be set.

we could do it. after this thread. we could do it.

[edit] everyone who help keep the name Anfield would get a t-shirt that said "I helped save Anfield and all i got was this fucking shirt". we could do it.

Not a bad point Nick - although I'd be happier to see the club sell the naming rights but LOWER the prices by £10 a pop

Nice idea however that would somewhat beat the object of doing the naming rights deal in the first place, ie help fund the new stadium.

As the Yanks said that money would help buy one new player a season, the interest alone saved would be 5m plus

£100 million is a lot of money for sticking your name in front of a stadium. Having the *insert large corporation* Anfield is a small price to pay for having one third of the costs for the new stadium covered as far as I can see.

It will take some getting used to, but we will. It took some getting used to the Kop being all seater, but we did.

Couldnt give a flying fuck what or who sponsors it, as long as they come up with the readies.

Middlesboroughs stadium was the cellnet stadium, but everyone knew it as the riverside. Our new ground going to be known as Anfield whoever sponsors it.

Guest PupontheSup

if selling the naming rights makes us money for players then i don't mind. true liverpool fans will carry on calling it NEW ANFIELD or STANLEY PARK. the real arsenil fans call their ground ashburton grove(or just the grove) not the emirates, man city fans call theirs eastland not the city of muck stadium. in time we will be calling our new ground ANFIELD or THE PARK.

The FA Cup, do you all call it the FA Cup or the Axa FA cup?

Premier league? Barclays Premiership?

Championship and football league - do you call it the coca cola league?

Of course you don't, only the media will use the full name of the stadium, whether it be the maxi-pad ultra plus megawing anfield thunderdome or what.

The fans who will be there will call it Anfield, or perhaps new Anfield for a while. Football fans have a habit of dropping the sponsor name and cutting out the shite that is only there to get more money. Money which at the end of the day would help us keep up with the top 2 anyway.