You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield Out, Brand Name In

Plewggs

Obviously not, pack in with this balls.

Err, no. I won't. If people are being so greedy for more money why is it obvious? It's only a name.

no Chap, that would be daft and harmful to the brand and image of LFC, sponsorship is transient, the only examples of that are small clubs like Redbull salzburg or TNS where they might as well do it because they have very little other sources of income or recognition

The name 'Anfield' is one of the biggest words in football. And we own it.

I truly cannot believe that so many people are willing to say bye-bye to it for a few more quid - when we're already richer than most clubs. Arsenal managed very well with much less money that we've got/spent. Some people's attitude is that we must have this extra money if we're to be successful. That's balls.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'highbury' was also pretty famous wasnt it?

Chap, your getting worked up over nothing, we're still in Anfield and that's good news. also, the blues are fucking off so that's even better news and the naming rights will help pay for a world class stadium and the transformation of the local area, it's surely worth it

Sorry about the thread above, here we go:

Originally Posted by rebel23

no Chap, that would be daft and harmful to the brand and image of LFC, sponsorship is transient, the only examples of that are small clubs like Redbull salzburg or TNS where they might as well do it because they have very little other sources of income or recognition

PSV is a big club, bigger than those mentioned anyway..... (Philips Sport Vereniging)

the carlsberg shirt sponsership is up in 2010 so you'd assume whoever sponspers the name of the new ground will all put their name on our shirts.

I highly doubt it! If you already have the sponsor on the shirt why pay more for less coverage, or the same coverage? ie shirt and ground.

Doesnt add up.

The sponsor on the shirt will be different to the ground sponsor.

I highly doubt it! If you already have the sponsor on the shirt why pay more for less coverage, or the same coverage? ie shirt and ground.

Doesnt add up.

The sponsor on the shirt will be different to the ground sponsor.

we do play a handful of away games each year still don't we?

Tampax Tampons Presents Anfield. sorted. it seems easier to fix than the online shop anyway...

'highbury' was also pretty famous wasnt it?

Chap, your getting worked up over nothing, we're still in Anfield and that's good news. also, the blues are fucking off so that's even better news and the naming rights will help pay for a world class stadium and the transformation of the local area, it's surely worth it

I think it's far from "nothing" but as I don't think there's much more I could add to my rant I'll wind my neck in. I am shocked and disappointed though just how little so many people value the name. I want the whole world to know it as 'Anfield' as well as the supporters. I would fucking hate to hear Andy Gray saying "Welcome everybody to the Ford Focus Stadium" 'cos it sounds shit and would not mean anything to anyone. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

:telloff:

We need to hear the new name before we get all worked up. Some things are plainly cheap and tacky. I suspect the club won't go near those things. Other things might not be so bad. We'll still geographically be in Anfield and I suspect the players will still come out underneath a 'This is Anfield' sign. If we end up getting half of the thing paid for simply for carrying an associated name (top company, mind) then that's a good thing to me.

Why don't we hire it out to a cult/church like the Moonies or something, make extra cash doing mass weddings, and call it 'St Kenny's Cathedral - a house of God' or something like that

By the way, for the record I'd be frocking livid if we sold the naming rights to ANYONE