You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Simpsons Movie...

Chris

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching it and i thought it was terrible. I laughed once that was it. I thought it was a terrible story and definitely a dissapoinment for long time simpsons fans.

I laughed 3 times. Once at the chainsaw bit as Stouffer said, the "moment" he had with the pig and when Wiggum shot the robot.

Really disappointed and you could see the jokes coming a mile away.

Went to see it last night and I thought it was very good. some great lines particularly between cletus and the head of the E.P.A at the end.

Cletus: "do you know how I do that?"

head of E.P.A:"four generations of inbreeding?"

My fears were confirmed, I didn't like it.

The main thing i felt watching it was boredom, i was so bored i was actually thinking about leaving for a while but i stuck it out.

I chuckled maybe 2 or 3 times the whole movie, it wasn't as stupid as the show is these days but it just wasn't funny. The story has been done to death in various incarnations and it was typical cliché story telling aimed at kids and family's.

I didn't expect much so im not hugely disappointed, I was thinking of smoking a joint before seeing it and my god I wish I had done.

I laughed 3 times. Once at the chainsaw bit as Stouffer said, the "moment" he had with the pig and when Wiggum shot the robot.

Really disappointed and you could see the jokes coming a mile away.

The chainsaw bit was funny alright but i had already seen that in a trailer. As you say you could see the jokes coming a mile away and that was the most dissapointing thing really. I laughed once or twice and i'm glad i didn't have to pay to watch it.

I've got a link for the movie if anyone wants it drop me a pm. Only if you really really want to see it though, i wouldn't recommend it anyway.

Went to see it last night with low expectations.

I'm glad I did. It was terrible. An extended version of the new episodes. Homer does something stupid. Homer saves the day.

I was expecting multi layered jokes and, hey, a sub plot! I laughed about 3 times throughout the whole film. Homer flipping the bird WAS funny but hardly classic, subtle Simpsons.

You could feel the tension in the cinema. People seemed to be laughing because they had to, not because they wanted to.

So, so disappointing.

Can't wait for Futurama to return.