You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Highly do you rate Torres?

rebel23

How highly do you rate Torres?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How highly do you rate Torres?

• Very highly
    • Quite highly
    • Not very highly
    • Don't rate him
    • Can't rate him

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very dissappointed with Torres

To me he would be Rafa's Diouf (obviously better) when Rafa could do so much better.

If he signs he will have my full backing but I wont be happy with the signing

I put Quite Highly but if your comparing him to who we already have then extremely highly would be my answer.

Oh dear.

It has to be very highly. I would have put him in the top four of the strikers I would have wanted, along with Eto'o, Villa and Tevez.

He is strong with a good touch and quick. We do not have a striker with all those attributes and he will be a hit, one hundred percent sure about that.

Very highly.

He has all the physical attributes to be a truly great player and he also appears intelligent which can only help him understand Rafa's instruction better.

Thus far he has not played in a top knotch team but has always scored good goals at every level.

He is strong and quick, 2 of the most important attributes to ensure success in the Premiership and he is respected by many top knotch footballers the world over.

Also, he is loyal and committed as he has shown in his time at Athletico, not running away the first time a big club came knocking and keeping schtum to the media even during the recent negotiations with Liverpool.

I am overjoyed at his signing and see only good things for his future at Liverpool.

Very highly.

He has every single attribute you would want in a striker. Potentially he can become the best in the world. Potentially being the operative word. Playing out of position for a significant part of the season certainly has helped his cause, in Raarfa's eyes becoming a more mature and complete player.

As far as forwards go, there are many better goalscorers but there are very few who can create like Torres can. Taking everything into consideration, his age/goalscoring ability/creativity I would say only Tevez and Eto would have been better signings for us. Even then you have to consider how disruptive Eto can be.

I said we need to go for the best available. Eto may not be available, Tevez would probably cost more. I think we've done as well as could be expected with this signing.

I find it difficult to rate him properly as I have seen so little of him. What little I have seen has been very promising. He seems quick, strong and aggressive.

I'm just made up that Rafa got his man.

Word for word what I think.

It has to be very highly. I would have put him in the top four of the strikers I would have wanted, along with Eto'o, Villa and Tevez.

He is strong with a good touch and quick. We do not have a striker with all those attributes and he will be a hit, one hundred percent sure about that.

very good point, say what you will he was deffo one of the "most wanted's", no question about that. I wouldn't have been happy with anyone outside that list so im made up

As far as forwards go, there are many better goalscorers but there are very few who can create like Torres can. Taking everything into consideration, his age/goalscoring ability/creativity I would say only Tevez and Eto would have been better signings for us. Even then you have to consider how disruptive Eto can be.

I said we need to go for the best available. Eto may not be available, Tevez would probably cost more. I think we've done as well as could be expected with this signing.

Tevez is a very different kind of player to Torres imo. I actually feel confident Rafa prefers Torres over Tevez.

As for Eto'o, I'm under the distinct impression he doesn't want to play for Liverpool. If I wasn't a Liverpool fan and I played for Barca, then realistically speaking neither would I.