You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Die Hard 4

philyhamann

Lookin forward to it myself, watched that many bad movies lately im hoping for a change. LIke Fantastic 4 two which I seen last night, Popcorn "great follow up" Empire "well worth the wait" Ezekiel 25:17 "if you like Anal rape you'll love this".

Film Magazines are shite. FACT. (Aside from the now defunct Neon and the rather excellent LittleWhiteLies.)

Ezekiel has taken the time to sift through all the fake and poor copies of this and can now bring you a link to a decent one vid 8/10 sound 8/10 Willis Manliness 10/10 anyway heres the link, not many people seeding at the mo so might take a while but is well worth it

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1692326/Live_Free_or_Die_Hard_TELESYNC_XViD_PUKKA

livefreepukkaxvid.jpg

screen shot.

• 2 weeks later...

May be the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world. I may be in post screening euphoria, but I think that's the best action screenplay ever written.

Perfect tightly-written mix of bombastic over the top action, humour, whit and tension. Add into the mix a nice piece of tongue in cheek political commentary on America's bumbling defense systems and failure to react during 9/11 and indeed after 9/11.

The perfect Willis vehicle and the perfect end to the franchise that I've only recently become a fan of. Better ending than Rocky Balboa I reckon. I'd gladly go back in there and watch it all over again, right now.

Still didn't feel like a Die Hard to me.

I don't care, man. I fucking loved it. If it had felt like a Die Hard, it would have been extremely dated, done and dusted. We're living in the post Matrix (Shh Monty), post Bourne and post Mission Impossible age where Die Hard wouldn't have cut it like it did 20 years ago!

It wasn't claustrophobiccy enough, is why it didn't feel like Die Hard.

Die Hard 1: Trapped in a tower with terrorists,

Die Hard 2: Trapped in an airport with terrorists

Die Hard 3: Trapped running around New York playing games with Terrorists

Die Hard 4: Babysitting a geek, terrorists just happen to show up. He isn't trapped, he can walk away if he wanted too, its only at the end, in the final 30 minutes it started feeling like Die Hard as he had no choice but to be involved.

May be the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world. I may be in post screening euphoria, but I think that's the best action screenplay ever written.

Perfect tightly-written mix of bombastic over the top action, humour, whit and tension. Add into the mix a nice piece of tongue in cheek political commentary on America's bumbling defense systems and failure to react during 9/11 and indeed after 9/11.

The perfect Willis vehicle and the perfect end to the franchise that I've only recently become a fan of. Better ending than Rocky Balboa I reckon. I'd gladly go back in there and watch it all over again, right now.

All that without a mention of your man Kev? I too thought it was brilliant.

I liked it. It didn't try to be like the old Die Hards, which made it better- like it's already been said here, they would have looked dated and well out of place post Matrix and Bourne.

Still, Willis clearly wasnt taking himself or the film seriously (riding on the tail of a fighter jet, anyone??), which made it enjoyable. And the scene where he knocks shit out of that asian bird is hilarious. ("Had enough of this kung-fu crap")

Overall it was never goin to change the course of cinema was it? I thought it was dead enjoyable and well worth the money. Roll on number 5! :-)

You could totally tell that Smith had written that scene too. It was awesome.

"You dig the Fett?"

It was an enjoyable action movie but nowhere near as good as the previous 3. As has been said, it just didn't feel like a Die Hard fil, more like a generic actioner.

The final plane sequence was straight out of True Lies.

It was a good film, just didn't feel right. Like, not a Die Hard film, felt more like The Transporter 3 or something like that. Maybe because McClane is bald, I dunno.

Yeah that's what I thought.

A bit 80's really, hard man with lots of guns hanging off the wing-top of fighter planes and not batting an eyelid.

The thing which made the originals so ace was that he was 'just a bloke' he was always on the back foot, not especially bright but relying on his instincts, he had his feet covered in bandages and used to get his arse royally kicked. He was about as far from Arnie or Van Damme as you could get.

Worth a watch, couldn't be arsed buying it though.

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun as hell, since when are action movies supposed to be anything but exactly that. It was pure testosterone, even down to the hot ass ladies kicking some ass as well. It's better than anything else that came out this year, and I'm including Transformers in this as well (loved that too though).

edit: Actually I thought 300 was better, but that's it.