You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to the Mancs?

The Chief

One of the lads in work swears he heard on the radio this morning that Michael Owen is going to man ure in a part ex deal with Alan Smith plus cash. So if he went to them how would you feel?

Personally i think it'd be his final, and worst Judas moment, that'd be 3 times he's fucked us over, and if he goes to them this time i will boo him.

Sorry i can't do a poll. Does someone with a brain wanna do a poll?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That little shit couldn't possibly sink any farther down in my estimation as it is, but I'd be very surprised if he went to the Mancs at this time. Ferguson would hate the thought of making a bid only to be pipped by us and lose out, the humiliation of chasing an ex-Liverpool player and losing out to us would be unbearable for him. If it was late August though I think it may well happen, Owen has already proved that when it comes to looking after himself he has no peers.

On a very profound and deep-seated level, I couldn't give a fuck. On a purely football basis, I think it's pretty telling that in a summer where every leading British club is in the market for a striker, Owen actually looks likely to end up getting stuck with Fat Sam.

I can just see him doing an interview at the start of the season talking about how excited he is to be working with such a forward-thinking manager and how all he's ever wanted is to show the Toon army what he can do for them and blah blah blah blah blah.

Owen shit on all of those who paid his massive wages to go and play for a club and win BIG trophies. The only trouble is he missed out on the Champions League through shear greed!

I'm sorry sunshine but at times shit happens and we/YOU have to deal with it.

If I had my way the little runt would be at Newcastle for the rest of his career and would win the grand total of FUCK ALL!

I stopped caring a few years ago. I find it sad that I feel that way, some fucken great memories. Cardiff and those goals will be forever etched in my memory.

If we think about it we never ever gave him the adulation, one thing about scousers they can spot a fake a mile of and that is what he was and is.

One of the lads in work swears he heard on the radio this morning that Michael Owen is going to man ure in a part ex deal with Alan Smith plus cash.

Pretty sure this was from the s*n today, seen/heard it on SSN this morning but maybe they pinched it from someone else so not too sure.

Personally i think it'd be his final, and worst Judas moment, that'd be 3 times he's fucked us over, and if he goes to them this time i will boo him.

Sorry i can't do a poll. Does someone with a brain wanna do a poll?

What a load of horse shit! Seems to me some fans just want Owen to sign for the filth so they can hate him even more.

If Benitez doesnt want to sign him (and let's be quite clear its just Benitez because Gerrard, Carragher, Parry and Moores and one or two others have spoken publically about re signing him), how can Owen have 'fucked us over 3 times'?? FFS if Benitez doesnt want him, what does it matter if our bitterest rivals sign him?

Get a fucking grip you Owen haters!

What a load of horse shit! Seems to me some fans just want Owen to sign for the filth so they can hate him even more.

If Benitez doesnt want to sign him (and let's be quite clear its just Benitez because Gerrard, Carragher, Parry and Moores and one or two others have spoken publically about re signing him), how can Owen have 'fucked us over 3 times'?? FFS if Benitez doesnt want him, what does it matter if our bitterest rivals sign him?

Get a fucking grip you Owen haters!

As i said in my first post, one of my mates says he heard it on the radio on the way to work, nobody said it was fucking gospel. I also said IF he signed for the Mancs, not fucking when, he would then have fucked us 3 times, Real Madrid, for the money, Newcastle, for the money and man ure, for the money, THREE times. I don't give a flying fuck where he goes, as long as it's not back here.

I really dont care that much about Owen, but if we can get him back for £9m when Torres is costing £27m and Bent is going for £16.5m then to me he has to come back - if he wants to that is.

EDIT: If he goes to the Mancs, I hope he catches a nasty disease.