You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite member of The Wu-Tang Clan?

Paul

Favourite member of The Wu?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite member of The Wu?

• RZA (Pronounced 'The Rizza')
    • GZA (Pronounced 'The Gizza' for the amusement of his English fans)
    • Method Man
    • Ol' Dirty Bastard
    • U-God
    • Raekwon The Chef
    • Master Killa
    • Ghostface Killah
    • Inspectah Deck

Favourite overall is probably Method Man. 

But I've voted for Inspectah Deck purely because the first verse of Triumph is for me the greatest rap verse ever written. I struggle to listen to the rest of the song because I'm usually shuffling about trying to find something to clean the jizz off myself. 

On a related note, what the fuck has happened to rap music? Fucking hell. 

The first album was amazing, second one patchy but great in places & some of the solo ones were magic too, Liquid Swords especially. I never listen to hip hop now but these cunts were the best in the business.

I picked RZA because he was running the shop & he was also my favourite rapper by a mile.

The bird in the Gravel Pit video was stupdonkulous as well.

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Favourite overall is probably Method Man. 

But I've voted for Inspectah Deck purely because the first verse of Triumph is for me the greatest rap verse ever written. I struggle to listen to the rest of the song because I'm usually shuffling about trying to find something to clean the jizz off myself. 

On a related note, what the fuck has happened to rap music? Fucking hell. 

A lot of good lately. Kendrick Lamar is brilliant. Tyler The Creator is awesome too.

39 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

A lot of good lately. Kendrick Lamar is brilliant. Tyler The Creator is awesome too.

Yep. My mate (He is a 6ft 8 white underground rapper, fucking huge, nickname Beast, nicest man you will ever meet) got me onto him. Off his head Tyler 

4 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I take it you DONT have tickets for this? ‘Tis a truly shite headline setup, blah blah blah, chemical brothers, blah blah and blah, wu tang, blah blah  bleeeeeeuuurrggghhhh

Of course I do. I’m looking forward to seeing:
The Cure
Kylie
Wu Tang
Kamasi Washington
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
The Comet is Coming
Low (based on that one time I listened to them on my road trip in the US)

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Of course I do. I’m looking forward to seeing:
The Cure
Kylie
Wu Tang
Kamasi Washington
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
The Comet is Coming
Low (based on that one time I listened to them on my road trip in the US)

There’s a blend of your doubtlesss youthful enthusiasm for a certain amount of shite, and my belligerent auld age and refusing to see anything good that comes after the most eventful time of my life that will forevermore separate us on this ardja.

but I wish you well, go and dance like a twat, in over priced slippers to over produced euro-pop you young scamp.

• Upvote 1

Amazingly there's at least five acts there I would quite like to see, the headliners are all fucking awful though other than maybe The Cure, who I don't particularly mind.

Fuck going though, I'll watch it on the telly.

2 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

There’s a blend of your doubtlesss youthful enthusiasm for a certain amount of shite, and my belligerent auld age and refusing to see anything good that comes after the most eventful time of my life that will forevermore separate us on this ardja.

but I wish you well, go and dance like a twat, in over priced slippers to over produced euro-pop you young scamp.

Happy to discuss this over a pint on somewhere in hip Windsor/Prahran are all next year mate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Amazingly there's at least five acts there I would quite like to see, the headliners are all fucking awful though other than maybe The Cure, who I don't particularly mind.

Fuck going though, I'll watch it on the telly.

Name them.

Yeah you don’t really go to these things, especially Glastonbury for the headline acts given the amount of major and minor stages

Also, isn’t a festival also about discovering new acts? Rather listen to the same old stuff over and over? Speaking for myself maybe. 

That said, worth going for Wu-Tang but also Idles.

Can’t wait to see the latter live one day. Only a matter of time. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Yeah you don’t really go to these things, especially Glastonbury for the headline acts given the amount of major and minor stages

Also, isn’t a festival also about discovering new acts? Rather listen to the same old stuff over and over? Speaking for myself maybe. 

That said, worth going for Wu-Tang but also Idles.

Can’t wait to see the latter live one day. Only a matter of time. 

Never heard of Idles. Will listen now. (Spotify is a god send)

24 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Name them.

Mavis Staples

Kamasi Washington

Lauryn Hill

Wu Tang Clan

Michael Kiwanuka

Quite fancy seeing Sons of Kemet too, one of my mates who generally knows his shit has recommended them to me.