You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Advice on trainers

Spy Bee

• 2 years later...

Bump.

I'm in the market for a new pair of trainers for general use. I don't really want anything by Adidas (hence avoiding posting this to the Adidas thread), and I'm undecided whether to get a pair of Nike Cortez or Onitsuka Tiger Corsair. Having owned Nikes before, I've found them to be both comfortable and durable but I don't know how the Onitsuka Tigers compare. They are my preference but are they worth the money?

cortez.jpg

Either in the above colours, white with black trim, or grey with white/black trim.

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Bump.

I'm in the market for a new pair of trainers for general use. I don't really want anything by Adidas (hence avoiding posting this to the Adidas thread), and I'm undecided whether to get a pair of Nike Cortez or Onitsuka Tiger Corsair. Having owned Nikes before, I've found them to be both comfortable and durable but I don't know how the Onitsuka Tigers compare. They are my preference but are they worth the money?

cortez.jpg

Either in the above colours, white with black trim, or grey with white/black trim.

Eldest son has Nike Cortez and Nike Air Max, he prefers the Nike Air Max. Cost more than the Cortez in general, but he got them in a sale so they weren't that much more. 

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Nil Shitis Nisi Bought By Your Mum.

Not getting Lonsdales mate!

As for Nike Air, I would've bought a pair of Air Span II from the Nike outlet in Orlando a few months back, but they only had them in a colour called 'wheat', sort of a dirty yellow, which looks terrible. They were selling them for $40 but had an extra 10% off that day (or so they said). If they'd had any in white, black or grey I would've bought them.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Not getting Lonsdales mate!

As for Nike Air, I would've bought a pair of Air Span II from the Nike outlet in Orlando a few months back, but they only had them in a colour called 'wheat', sort of a dirty yellow, which looks terrible. They were selling them for $40 but had an extra 10% off that day (or so they said). If they'd had any in white, black or grey I would've bought them.

That's cheap, son paid 75€ and that was after they were reduced from 99€. White, not my thing, prefer darker colours, preferably black or dark blue. White seems to be the big thing with the young uns though. 

27 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Bump.

cortez.jpg

They're both classics, get whatever is cheapest.

I've never bought trainers based on 'comfort' because I'm not someone's Mum.

31 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Bump.

cortez.jpg

In my opinion, the shape of the Corsair is better and they’re the originals, but I was a big fan of Farrah Fawcett, and she looked cool as fuck in her Cortez, so I’d get those.

7A9E6487-BE02-4A94-92E4-872177C0ECCA.jpeg

• Upvote 1