You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HBO Apprecaiation Thread

Sut

Best HBO Show?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Best HBO Show?

• The Sopranos?
    • Deadwood?
    • Carnivale?
    • Oz?
    • The Wire?
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm?
    • Rome?
    • Entourage?
    • Sex and the Shitty?
    • Other one that Sut can't remember at the moment?

Man that's hard, between the Sopranos and The Wire, think I'll have to go for The Wire though!

HBO is the future of TV, charging money to watch drama won't work unless said drama is the best in the world, if only the BBC had to work so hard for their license fee!

Well obviously for me it's The Wire. However, I love The Sopranos, Deadwood, Oz, Entourage , Band of Brothers and Curb Your Enthusiasm, too. Have I forgotten one there? It seems like I have.

Slight tangent here: Season 6 of The Shield starts on Five this Friday at 11pm. Get it plussed, kids - you know it makes sense.

Band of Brothers, which isn't on the poll.... Fool.

See the edit.

My Personal Assistant shall be severely beaten for this oversight.

Just noticed the goddamn spelling mistake in the thread title as well.

deadwood - coz i like the word cunt

Hickock: "Sure you wanna quit playing, Jack? The game's always between you and getting called a cunt."

Nuttall: "Meeting adjourned, fellas, take it outside."

Hickock: "That dropped eye of yours looks like the hood on a cunt to me, Jack. When you talk, your mouth looks like a cunt moving."

McCall: "I ain't gonna get in no gun fight with you, Hickok."

Hickock: "But you will run your cunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Well obviously for me it's The Wire. However, I love The Sopranos, Deadwood, Oz, Entourage , Band of Brothers and Curb Your Enthusiasm, too. Have I forgotten one there? It seems like I have.

Slight tangent here: Season 6 of The Shield starts on Five this Friday at 11pm. Get it plussed, kids - you know it makes sense.

Just ordered this bad boy.

The end of season six of the shield was really really rubbish. It felt like they forgot to film the season finale or something.

I need to get back to watching The Wire, I watched the first three two or three weeks ago and haven't bothered since. They were so slow.

Patience, young man. Good things come to those who wait. Don't think of it in normal telly terms; the plotting and characterisation are much more like that in a novel.

Rome.

Follow by(in no order): The Wire, Entourage, Curb your Enthusiasm, Sopranos, and Oz.

Really? I watched the entire first series and thought it was pretty dull. Certainly weak by HBO standards. Anyone else enjoy it?

Really? I watched the entire first series and thought it was pretty dull. Certainly weak by HBO standards. Anyone else enjoy it?

I did study Classical History. Focusing on the Med... It REALLY captivated me. However, I've read some fucking dull books on similar subjects but it really was magnificent for me watching this famous story that i've read multiple times in living colour.

I also want to fuck the shit out of Octavia of the Julii(Kerry Cordon) now... she was enchanting in those wispy robes/dresses that wardrobe provided. RAWR!

i really didnt get into Rome, it was on TV here in prime time for about 3 weeks then they started putting it on at midnight i thought it was pretty boring. I thought some of the acting was below par also.