You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Guthrie

aws

That would be ace. Danny is good enough for the prem, and i'm suprised teams like Wigan, Sunderland are not banging our door down to sign him up onl oan. I think he has good future in the game if he continues to progress at at his current rate. This coming season will be a crucial period for him, and he needs to be playing in the prem to develop further.

I suppose Lucas' arival just pushes him that bit further down the list, so he'd be unlikely to get many chances in the first XI at all. Shame really, it'd be great for him to get some premiership football under his belt. He's contracted until 2009 though, so he's got time yet to prove himself (and he'd be worth a couple of mil if the club decided to cash in at the end of the season)

BOLTON Wanderers boss Sammy continued his team building today when he sealed a deal to sign Liverpool's highly-rated starlet, Danny Guthrie, on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old Shrewsbury-born midfield player is regarded as a future Premiership star by his Anfield bosses.

He spent the end of last season on loan with Championship side Southampton and impressed enough to earn a new contract with the Reds.

Lee, who knows Guthrie well from his days on the Liverpool backroom staff, is delighted to have added a rising star to his squad.

"Danny is a dynamic midfielder who is very comfortable on the ball,"

he said. "He has got a great engine and is a very good passer, who will suit our type of football.

"I know him well. He's got a good work ethic and he's a young player willing to listen."

Guthrie made his Liverpool debut last season in the Reds' 4-3 Carling Cup victory against Reading and made his league debut a month later against Portsmouth. His first senior start was against Galatasaray in the Champions League last December.

Guthrie passed a medical at the Reebok earlier this week and will put pen to paper when he returns from holiday.

good deal for all concerned I reckon. Premiership and likely top to middle part of the table side so no being lost in a relegation battle.

This will really beef him up a bit I reckon too. My only fear had been his size really in that he sometimes looked a little lightweight.

At least this way if we decide to sell him later down the line we might actually get some reasonable money in as well for him.

This is great news.

We are lucky Sammy Lee got the job at The Reebok. Maybe Bolton can be our unofficial reserve team and we can send a few more prospects there on loan!

I look forward to seeing what he can do as I only saw him a couple of times while on loan at Southampton.

It's great, I wish we would send more of our kids out on loan to Prem teams. Any workaday footballer can cut it in the Championship or reserve football; this way we actually get to see if they're any good or not.

That's all well and good, but teams are only going to sign them to play in the prem if they think they are very good. So Hammill and Guthrie are probably the only two we could loan out to prem teams this year, maybe Roque too.